• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    People arguing that you have the 'Right' to firearms, but take no responsibility for securing those firearms, scoffing at firearms lock laws as unnecessary & "Unconstitutional",
    I agree with your assessment that parenting is a real make or break aspect. Poor parenting is usually reflected in the child. I firmly believe there is "bad seed" out there. Good parents, multiple kids raised but only one turns out to be a FU. Nature vs. nurture.

Gun lock laws = completely bogus. My hammers, knives, car, gas can and matches are all extremely dangerous. Some of those items are easily concealed. Must I lock them all up
    "for the children" ? How many locks? What kind of locks? What about my safety when I need what's behind the lock and seconds make the difference in outcome? You get it. The .gov can stay out of my house.

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I agree with your assessment that parenting is a real make or break aspect. Poor parenting is usually reflected in the child. I firmly believe there is "bad seed" out there. Good parents, multiple kids raised but only one turns out to be a FU. Nature vs. nurture.

Gun lock laws = completely bogus. My hammers, knives, car, gas can and matches are all extremely dangerous. Some of those items are easily concealed. Must I lock them all up
    "for the children" ? How many locks? What kind of locks? What about my safety when I need what's behind the lock and seconds make the difference in outcome? You get it. The .gov can stay out of my house.
    Yep, one thing that kills me about my job is getting called to an "out of control child" only to find a young person(seen as young as five years old} that the parent has never disciplined and now is calling the police on for little silly things.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I just saw this, I know exactly where this is. I used to drive through Oxford quite often and in HS they were one of our competitors, it's a nice smaller community.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ... Joe will use this to bring up magazine capacity limits again (if his handlers think it’s politically advantageous, that is)…

They'll be all over this with the anti-2A songs. Anything the administration can do to take the heat off of themselves for the really bad results of their actions thus far.

They gotta change the narrative from inflation and supply chain and gas prices and...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Sherriff of the county up there just did a long press conference. I didn't catch it all, but he seemed to be out in front of his skis, talking about Michigan gun laws, 4473's and enforcement?

Makes one wonder if this isn't another Broward County-like sheriff, seeing this as a political oportunity?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Is it just my imagination or is it true when the perp fits the narrative his picture is splashed all over the place yet when the perp doesn’t fit the narrative we don’t see a damn thing?
    Um....

What narrative?

ethan-crumbley-oxford-shooter-01.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    3 dead highschool students that never got the chance to see any kind of life...

At least 8 more wounded that will never be the same,

And an entire school student body & facility traumatized forever...

And you immediately attack the President.

You don't even attack the President for anything he has actually done,
    Just what you could dream up...

My first reaction to hearing this was sympathy for those lost, those injured, and their families.
    Click

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep, one thing that kills me about my job is getting called to an "out of control child" only to find a young person(seen as young as five years old} that the parent has never disciplined and now is calling the police on for little silly things.
    They were devout followers of Dr Spock.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

This makes me recall a comment I made to the parent of a "friend" of one of our children. The parent learned we had firearms in our home and, as a result, did not want his child visiting our home.

No problem! Further, I explained to him, if your child is that untrustworthy I do not want your child anywhere near mine.

That was the end of that.

Learned afterwards our child was very happy not to have the other person around.....kid was an ***.

Goodfoot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2021
    Noblesville
    Losing the abortion case today so gotta Amp up the 2A argument. It's just another trip around the wheel of division. What we focus on grows. Don't buy into the media focus and stay focused on what's good in your life.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Um....

What narrative?

ethan-crumbley-oxford-shooter-01.jpg
    Never mind the fact all the warning signs were there. The kid was bullied and his dad had just bought the gun. Literally told everyone he was going to do it. Posted pictures on his Instagram of him holding the gun and calling it his own. The parents and the shooter even met with school officials shortly before the killings.

So much fail here, many heads should roll.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Never mind the fact all the warning signs were there. The kid was bullied and his dad had just bought the gun. Literally told everyone he was going to do it. Posted pictures on his Instagram of him holding the gun and calling it his own. The parents and the shooter even met with school officials shortly before the killings.

So much fail here, many heads should roll.

There will be no rolling of heads.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

Same. I just tell them that it is a parenting issue and not a police issue before leaving them with the mess they created.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This makes me recall a comment I made to the parent of a "friend" of one of our children. The parent learned we had firearms in our home and, as a result, did not want his child visiting our home.

No problem! Further, I explained to him, if your child is that untrustworthy I do not want your child anywhere near mine.

That was the end of that.

Learned afterwards our child was very happy not to have the other person around.....kid was an ***.
    Apple didn't fall far?

Top Bottom