• ...and so much more!
  • tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Then why ARE you attempting to spread responsibility for his actions to the parents. Absent evidence that the parents wanted and encouraged him to take revenge on his classmates, I just don't see it

It seems the Alec Baldwin contretemps redux, that somehow others are responsible or share responsibility because Baldwin CHOSE to point a firearm at another and pull the trigger (or fan the hammer, if you will). Baldwin is the only one responsible for Baldwin's choices and actions

The same holds true for Ethan Crumbley
    But the nut doesn’t fall far from the tree.. sure more to come out and tried to change the color of my text but imagine this bright green.....

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If you're gonna charge the parents... then the school officials should be charged.

Just watched this. This preventable incident IMO was due to the failure of the parents and school officials. I wonder how may people watched the DA's press conference and were aware of the details leading up to the killings? It was like a neon sign flashing indicating that something bad was gonna happen and they all fumbled the ball big time.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I don't have alot of sympathy for the parents at this point. That could change, but based on what we know at this point, they appear to be a couple of slices short of a ham sandwich. Stupidity is not a crime. Buying your mentally unstable son a gun at 15 and not having control of that firearm at all times (allowing him to use it with adult supervision excepted), is criminal stupidity.

As to the school, I don't see the same level of responsibility, but likely they have a loser case in civil courts.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...As to the school, I don't see the same level of responsibility, but likely they have a loser case in civil courts.

If the same kid tested positive for the 'rona, how would the school have handled it?

What if same kid uttered a racial or sexual orientation/gender slur?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't think you should own up to anything. "I" never said you should.

However, back in the 50's a "red" was a commie.:noway: By your name are you telling us that you are a covert commie sleeper agent?:shady: Now would be the time to own up...:wavey:

Regards and Merry Christmas,

Doug
    Maybe he just took the place of Beeman's

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Parenting doesn't come with instructions upon conception, and there's no permit required to become parents. So most people do the best they know how. But if there is one lesson everyone really needs to teach their kids, it's accountability. Parents that don't hold their kids accountable for doing what they should know better than to do, end up unleashing new adults upon the world who go through life inflicting their irresponsibility upon the world.
    See: Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.

Last edited:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    If the same kid tested positive for the 'rona, how would the school have handled it?

What if same kid uttered a racial or sexual orientation/gender slur?
    There isn't enough room within the context of a shooting and possible responsibility for you? You need further analogies?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    There isn't enough room within the context of a shooting and possible responsibility for you? You need further analogies?

The school should have sent the problem kid home for a few days at the least. Before he started shooting.

The kid was screaming out that he was a homicidal threat. The school and the parents are responsible for their inaction.

Last edited:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The school should have sent the problem kid home for a few days at the least. Before he started shooting.

Agree. But the school didn't buy the firearm.

The kid was screaming out that he was a homicidal threat. The school and the parents are responsible for their inaction.
    I'm not qualified to judge that. Schools see a lot of things these days that I was never exposed to when I went to school. Goths. Nihilists. Emos. Gender Benders. WTF over?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Not sure yet how I feel about criminal culpability of the parents or the school's role but damn there was a window of opportunity to prevent this and it was a failure.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm not qualified to judge that. Schools see a lot of things these days that I was never exposed to when I went to school. Goths. Nihilists. Emos. Gender Benders. WTF over?

Anyone paid to handle public school students is qualified to judge.

Threats are threats. There is no place for such in school.

The kid should have been suspended immediately.

...Hours before authorities allege 15-year-old sophomore Ethan Crumbley fired his father's semi-automatic handgun in the hallway of Oxford High School, killing four and wounding seven, a teacher saw a note on his desk with a drawing of a semi-automatic handgun pointing at the words, "The thoughts won't stop, help me," prosecutors said.

Another section depicted a drawing of a bullet with the words "Blood everywhere" above it, and a drawing of a bleeding person who appeared to have been shot twice, according to prosecutors...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I suspect bwframe is correct, if the kid had stated that there are only two genders or that all lives matter he would have been suspended immediately

For a few death threats, not so much

I did have one horrifying thought, though. What if the reason they were hesitant to act is that in fact homicidal fantasies are so common among the student body that they felt they needed more concrete evidence than just threats

Top Bottom