Mandated vaccines or weekly testing for employers of 100+ people.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Remember this the next time you go shopping.

Kroger will ban unvaccinated staff from getting paid sick leave if they catch COVID and will start charging non-vaxxed managers $50 monthly health insurance surcharge​

When do the smoking and obesity surcharges kick in?

What about the alcoholics and their liver?

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Several major hospitals around the state are at or near 120% occupancy levels, but it's not because of COVID-19 patients.

“Our hospitals are bursting at the seams,” she said. “But they're not filled with COVID-19 patients. Remarkably, they are filled with patients who do not need hospital care.”

Briley described the patients that hospitals can’t be moved out of hospitals as those who have “complex, long-term care needs,” for which a facility can’t be found due to staffing shortages.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Several major hospitals around the state are at or near 120% occupancy levels, but it's not because of COVID-19 patients.

“Our hospitals are bursting at the seams,” she said. “But they're not filled with COVID-19 patients. Remarkably, they are filled with patients who do not need hospital care.”

Briley described the patients that hospitals can’t be moved out of hospitals as those who have “complex, long-term care needs,” for which a facility can’t be found due to staffing shortages.

Oh no, maybe they shouldn't have fired all their unvaccinated staff.

World's tiniest violin...

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan

Seems to me like maybe withholding regular medical care from people for almost two years and firing medical professionals has had a negative impact on the overall operations of the medical system. Whodathunkit?

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Remember this the next time you go shopping.

Kroger will ban unvaccinated staff from getting paid sick leave if they catch COVID and will start charging non-vaxxed managers $50 monthly health insurance surcharge​

I worked for a hospital that started that years ago with the seasonal flu. If you got the vaccine and got the flu, you get paid time off. If you refused the flu shot and got the flu, it was an automatic 7 - 10 days off no pay.

That has been done for many many years now.

The insurance surcharge is not that uncommon. Meet certain criteria and you get health care discounts. That is common in many places of business now. Life insurance.....old versus young, smoker versus non-smoker and so on.

I DO NOT support any mandate or attempts to manipulate peopleinto getting the vax, but getting upset now over practices that have been going on for decades is not an effective argument.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I worked for a hospital that started that years ago with the seasonal flu. If you got the vaccine and got the flu, you get paid time off. If you refused the flu shot and got the flu, it was an automatic 7 - 10 days off no pay.

The insurance surcharge is not that uncommon. Meet certain criteria and you get health care discounts. That is common in many places of business now. Life insurance.....old versus young, smoker versus non-smoker and so on.

I DO NOT support any mandate or attempts to manipulate peopleinto getting the vax, but getting upset now over practices that have been going on for decades is not an effective argument.
    It's not a hospital, it's Kroger.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012

I think you can find your answer in the Declaration of Independence.

"and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

Yes we're talking employment rather than government, an since human nature isn't that dependant on who we're interacting with, I think this sums up fairly well the reasons for the push back now. We've reached critical mass for a number of folks.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So a mega hospital group is requiring a clear virus test four days before outpatient surgery but does no follow up unless the patient exhibits symptoms. Where is the logic/common in this? We all know that change could easily happen in four days.

This type of BS is just another reason logical/common sense people look at those of you that believe TPTB all the time and say what the ****…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Many don’t want facts, they are inconvenient to the fearful. They want the illogical BS that comes from big pharma, in bed with the government and news that is distributed by sources that the biggest advertisers are big pharma.

Heck, it came out today the twatter and ubtube will not allow folks to say that the vaccine will not stop you from getting or spreading the virus. Something even most pro-vax usually agree is true…

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    My FIL passed "of covid" in January after MIL had a 3 day visit in the hospital, not covid related. Within 5 days of MIL returning 7 of the 8 of us having contact with her had covid she included. She had tested negative when admitted. She was not tested upon release to home. I know of at least 2 more families that had the same experience. Same hospital also. Makes you wonder WTF is going on sometimes.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Some people are still sleeping.

I would think it is more the norm than not.

Have you taken out any life insurance lately? Health insurance is not any different.
    I have never in my entire life been told by an employer or insurer that I was subject to financial penalty or withholding of benefits because I didn't get an injection.

When have fat people gotten fewer sick days because they were irresponsible and ate too many big macs?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Some people are still sleeping.

I would think it is more the norm than not.

Have you taken out any life insurance lately? Health insurance is not any different.
    Life insurance is different. A whole different set of laws and regulations apply to life insurance and a different set to health insurance. These types of thinking always bog the conservative side down. It gives the opposition the win because conservatives are divided. Are we going to allow insu corporations to dictate details of how people live? Where would it stop? What is too far?

Should a guy that builds race cars be charged more or lose benefits over an employee that is a gamer due to risk of injury from the tools and work?

For example think FB and twutter should be made to allow all opinions? Conservatives lose a third to the defeatists saying “it’s their company”.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom