Mandated vaccines or weekly testing for employers of 100+ people.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Wife had eye surgery on Wednesday at IU in Lafayette, was scheduled for 11:00 about 2 hrs with recovery time, we walked out at 4:00. It was still about a 2 hr surgery but they only had 3 surgery prep rooms available out of 13, said the rest were being used for overflow from the ER

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Remember this the next time you go shopping.

Kroger will ban unvaccinated staff from getting paid sick leave if they catch COVID and will start charging non-vaxxed managers $50 monthly health insurance surcharge​

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside

Kroger will ban unvaccinated staff from getting paid sick leave if they catch COVID and will start charging non-vaxxed managers $50 monthly health insurance surcharge​

I thought that paid leave because of covid part of one or all of the coivd stimulus packages?

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I thought that paid leave because of covid part of one or all of the coivd stimulus packages?
    That apparently ended in September. I was off due to covid the past two weeks. When I returned yesterday, my boss advised that he would be paying me half pay for the time I missed even though there was no longer a requirement for him to pay me. I wasn't expecting to be paid, so that was appreciated.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    OK do I have this right...? SCOTUS even with Trumps 3 picks, just said States get to make their people do what ever they want. You must get the vaccine if state mandated, no religious exemptions. Do what the state tells you, you are owed by the state. Your Body doesn't belong to you, it now belongs to the State. I thought the Constitution was to protect people from the Government....? Maybe Trump decision making about the right picks wasn't so good.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Guess I'll just go to work sick, then.

Oh, you're all sick now, too? Shoulda let me stay home.

Also why do vaxxed people get any time off for covid, isn't the vax effective at stopping you from getting sick?

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville

Also why do vaxxed people get any time off for covid, isn't the vax effective at stopping you from getting sick?

Oh, don't you try that sneaky white supremacist LOGIC on us...

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

They said they want to “encourage” people to get vaccinated. Sounds nicer than “bully them” apparently.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    OK do I have this right...? SCOTUS even with Trumps 3 picks, just said States get to make their people do what ever they want. You must get the vaccine if state mandated, no religious exemptions. Do what the state tells you, you are owed by the state. Your Body doesn't belong to you, it now belongs to the State. I thought the Constitution was to protect people from the Government....? Maybe Trump decision making about the right picks wasn't so good.
    All democrats are generally for xxxxxx. Half of republican’s are against xxxxxd and half say it is states rights. At the federal level republicans always lose…

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Your state has always had far more control over you than the federal government by design

In theory, the federal government should only have the enumerated powers, and the state cannot deny you your natural or constitutional rights. Everything else (unless forbidden by a state's own constitution) is in play until a court rules otherwise. Laboratories of democracy and all

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I do not believe the SCOTUS has heard any such case yet. They didn't put a stay on it. Still sad, but not quite the same.
    The the media lied...or I misunderstood. "As is often the court’s practice in rulings on emergency applications, its unsigned order included no reasoning. But Justice Neil M. Gorsuch filed a 14-page dissent saying that the majority had betrayed the court’s commitment to religious liberty."

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I do not believe the SCOTUS has heard any such case yet. They didn't put a stay on it. Still sad, but not quite the same.

The full court did not hear the case, 1 justice did. That justice being Sotomayor.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The full court did not hear the case, 1 justice did. That justice being Sotomayor.

That is for the injunction. The case is a long was from the SCOTUS still.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Jusdt hear

Just heard this on Hammer and Nigel. It'll be interesting to see if the news makes it to the national talking heads news?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom