Mandated vaccines or weekly testing for employers of 100+ people.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Too afraid to even think of the issues you raise. Just keeping their heads in the sand. Kind of like these people that Denny describes but it really applies to their whole lives. They have relinquished all of their lives to a third party…
    It's uncomfortable for people to think that the government might not have their best interests in mind. A lot of people have gone their entire lives believing MSM and thinking the government only wanted what was right for them. To step outside of their bubble and realize the truth is very hard. I think it's kind of like a "Matrix moment". You either take the pill that let's you see the truth (as clearly as possible), or take the pill that let's you stay in the warm, comfortable dream. I think a lot of people would rather stay in the dream than face reality.

Note that this is sheep in general, not specifically the anti-2A sheep which Denny speaks of.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    I don't share your optimism.
    No one in big government nor their allies are ever held accountable. They collect their shekels and move on to the next grift.
    I understand there's a lot of Evil going on right now. The US and World have made it through many terrible times in history, yet we're all still here as a species. Faith and even hope are a good foundation. My outlook is somewhat of a speculative conclusion.

I've traveled more lately and saw the good in humanity. Smaller areas it's as if nothing ever happened. Larger cities there's more of an impact with the narrative, maybe even half the people wearing masks, but still good people.

The global war we're in seems to be based in fear and control of information. After two long years an increasing amount of the population have less fear and most importantly DOUBT concerning the false information. That's why I think there's a turning point for the better. It may take years to move ahead and we're all part of potentially something revealing and amazing that was hidden, as the current systems break down.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Agreed. I still see and hear daily people that believe the vax stops spread.
    I have a sister-in-law and her husband that are exactly this, quite convinced that only the unvaxxed can spread it. The thing that mystifies me is that the exact same people are terrified of getting it even though they are vaccinated. Thus, they are all on board with .gov doing anything necessary to force people to be vaccinated in order to protect themselves. I just don't see the logic in believing you can still get it, but can't spread it if you got vaxxed? It is so bizarre it would be comical if it wasn't so sad.

The result is that they are opposed to our Christmas gathering because our unvaccinated son will be there. He is 21, and had the original version of Covid before there was a vaccine. He recovered within a few days, has since tested positive a second time when the Delta first hit although he had no symptoms. I have tried to explain that he is no more likely to spread it than the rest of us since he obviously has natural immunity, but they don't want to hear it. These same people, that don't want to be around him, go to restaurants for every meal because they don't cook!

Just for the record, I am vaccinated and boosted. I think anyone over 50 is way better off risking the vaccine rather than the disease. I just don't understand the vilification of anyone that chooses otherwise, particularly now that we are in a variant that is obviously being spread by the vaccinated.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    On a related note, I turned on ESPN to watch a college bowl game yesterday and ended up seeing the tail end of an interview with Adam Silver. Silver is the super woke commissioner of the NBA.

He was telling the lady interviewing him that 97% of the league is vaxxed, but they may have to make adjustments to the schedule because of all of the players testing positive. She asked him if they planned to require the other 3% to get vaxxed to stop the spread!

The funny thing is he responded that the player's union is opposed to mandatory vaccinations and that absolutely stopped the whole conversation. I guess in the la-la land of the left, the union trumps "science" and .gov mandates.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    On a related note, I turned on ESPN to watch a college bowl game yesterday and ended up seeing the tail end of an interview with Adam Silver. Silver is the super woke commissioner of the NBA.

He was telling the lady interviewing him that 97% of the league is vaxxed, but they may have to make adjustments to the schedule because of all of the players testing positive. She asked him if they planned to require the other 3% to get vaxxed to stop the spread!

The funny thing is he responded that the player's union is opposed to mandatory vaccinations and that absolutely stopped the whole conversation. I guess in the la-la land of the left, the union trumps "science" and .gov mandates.
    There is that one NBA player that made news awhile back refusing the jab, he has to set out the games now. Last week it was announced that so many players that were jabbed now have covid that they are allowing the guy without the jab to come back and play. When the unvaxed have to step up and be the hero for the game to continue.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    There is that one NBA player that made news awhile back refusing the jab, he has to set out the games now. Last week it was announced that so many players that were jabbed now have covid that they are allowing the guy without the jab to come back and play. When the unvaxed have to step up and be the hero for the game to continue.
    It gets even stranger than that. The team he plays for is the New York Nets. NYC still has their vax requirements to work in place, so he can't play in home games, just away games!

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    The majority of the nurses that my wife works with also think that the vaccinated cannot spread it. A few of them are starting to accept that the vaccinated can still catch it and spread it, probably because the omicron variant. But the overwhelmingly majority of them think all of the mandates are great and the unvaccinated shouldn't be able to live free. Even one of them mentioned the unvaccinated should be shot. Then to top it off they are always talking about how great Biden is doing.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    The result is that they are opposed to our Christmas gathering because our unvaccinated son will be there. He is 21, and had the original version of Covid before there was a vaccine. He recovered within a few days, has since tested positive a second time when the Delta first hit although he had no symptoms. I have tried to explain that he is no more likely to spread it than the rest of us since he obviously has natural immunity, but they don't want to hear it. These same people, that don't want to be around him, go to restaurants for every meal because they don't cook!
    Sounds like you will enjoy a nice holiday without all the hoopla.

Tell your son he is my hero of the day.

Doubt that my MIL will come over, but only because she is so scared of the covid. She goes nowhere now, except doc visits that she can't avoid. She also wears a mask, in her house, when we drop off her mail. Oh and we don't go inside, just hang a bag on the doorknob.

No idea if my father will show. Still have heard nothing from him since his birthday blowup. My sister and her man can stay the hell away and I will consider that a gift.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    269743764_219748373672154_457114461093372113_n.jpg

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Doubt that my MIL will come over, but only because she is so scared of the covid. She goes nowhere now, except doc visits that she can't avoid. She also wears a mask, in her house, when we drop off her mail. Oh and we don't go inside, just hang a bag on the doorknob.

No idea if my father will show. Still have heard nothing from him since his birthday blowup. My sister and her man can stay the hell away and I will consider that a gift.
    This is all the direct result of 24/7 propaganda…

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The majority of the nurses that my wife works with also think that the vaccinated cannot spread it. A few of them are starting to accept that the vaccinated can still catch it and spread it, probably because the omicron variant. But the overwhelmingly majority of them think all of the mandates are great and the unvaccinated shouldn't be able to live free. Even one of them mentioned the unvaccinated should be shot. Then to top it off they are always talking about how great Biden is doing.

LOL

They have guns you know...

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Sorry to hear this. My parents have bought into a lot of the COVID fear too, but it's not just COVID. Mainly it's just MSM consumption all day. They are also big Biden apologists. My Dad has a serious case of Trump Derangement Syndrome and still thinks he is pulling strings behind the scenes. Dad is obsessed with the idea that Jan 6 was an "insurrection." He had a temper tantrum over Thanksgiving because I didn't agree and tried to kick me and the kids out of the house before my Mom stepped in. It was pretty sad.

He's since halfway apologized but also claimed I baited him into his melt down. Of course that's nonsense, but I forgave him anyway. But I won't be going back home over Christmas. Not putting my young kids back in that situation again.if he goes unhinged so easily.

It's sad to see families being pulled apart over politics being infused into every aspect of life these days. Biden the uniter my ***.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    One of my customers (large corp) sent out: "vaccination status" email letters for their suppliers to fill out and return.
    Options for medical and religious exemptions etc, that they won't accept.
    Wanting to requires my employees to show status before being admitted to facilities, swear allegiance to the vaccine, etc.

Yeah, I'm not going to comply.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    One of my customers (large corp) sent out: "vaccination status" email letters for their suppliers to fill out and return.
    Options for medical and religious exemptions etc, that they won't accept.
    Wanting to requires my employees to show status before being admitted to facilities, swear allegiance to the vaccine, etc.

Yeah, I'm not going to comply.
    i saw a similar letter yesterday. I'm fine not visiting that facility!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The wife of a friend attended a broadway production just a few weeks before they closed shows because the highly vaccinated performers were still getting sick

At dinner shortly after, she opined how seeing all the people at the show wearing masks and knowing that they had to be vaccinated made her feel 'safe'

No word from her on how she thinks the vaccinated cast of shows is catching WuVid from the equally vaccinated audience

Must be because the performers don't wear masks! Yeah, that's it

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Sorry to hear this. My parents have bought into a lot of the COVID fear too, but it's not just COVID. Mainly it's just MSM consumption all day. They are also big Biden apologists. My Dad has a serious case of Trump Derangement Syndrome and still thinks he is pulling strings behind the scenes. Dad is obsessed with the idea that Jan 6 was an "insurrection." He had a temper tantrum over Thanksgiving because I didn't agree and tried to kick me and the kids out of the house before my Mom stepped in. It was pretty sad.

He's since halfway apologized but also claimed I baited him into his melt down. Of course that's nonsense, but I forgave him anyway. But I won't be going back home over Christmas. Not putting my young kids back in that situation again.if he goes unhinged so easily.

It's sad to see families being pulled apart over politics being infused into every aspect of life these days. Biden the uniter my ***.
    Unfortunately it sounds like we are related. I do blame a lot of it on the fact that after he retired he worked on jobs with me. Then I wore him out and he wanted to take some time off. Next thing I knew he was watching news from morning until evening when he switches to the talk show gurus.

No young ones here. Both my kids are anti-Trump (sad face) but they can't believe all the crap that is spewing from the other family members. I actually think that the kids are more anti-Trump than they are pro-Biden. Now for the other members of my family.... well they are all union people who voted Dem because that was the union way. Some are still in denial that the current admin stomped out so many jobs.

On a side note, I went in to replace an oven element for a tenant today who still believes that you will die without the vax. She said I was lucky but I better get one now. Then she bragged about finding gas for $3.04 a gallon. The new pres is doing so much for the country in her eyes.

Yes I bit my tongue. I just said that we were having such a lovely conversation let's not ruin it with politics. Her nine year old granddaughter was sitting in the next room and agreed with my sentiment. I guess she hears it all the time.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yep, the problem isn't as much the laughably obvious :poop: the Left is pulling, but the oblivious masses who believe them and will argue vociferously over it, to the point of damaging relationships.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom