Mandated vaccines or weekly testing for employers of 100+ people.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    “Sorry sir, your separation of church and state doesn’t apply.”

Where the **** does the constitution say it must go through an approval process?
    Where the **** does the constitution say, "separation of church and state"?

To be serious, I'm not cool with the idea that people can all of a sudden decide they have a deeply held religious conviction in order to get around rules.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

To be serious, I'm not cool with the idea that people can all of a sudden decide they have a deeply held religious conviction in order to get around rules.

Kind of a "rules is rules" guy.

Color me shocked.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I found out yesterday that my religious exemption was denied, as were nearly all others. I know of only one person who was granted one, and in their case their access to the work campus will be revoked. They must work from home 100%. Truly a clown world.

Look into their appeals process for it. I believe they have to have one. I don't know for sure, but someone mentioned to me yesterday that IN has a law about religious exemptions, so you might look it up to see if it gives you any information that helps. Good luck!

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn

Exactly how many days prior to announcing a deeply held conviction must you actually have that conviction for it to be valid?

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    So far they have not mandated the shot at the hospital my wife works at...they took a poll awhile back and many were against it...so now they are saying they may have too, depending on something, but it employs over 100 so how they going to get around it, and they won't say. My guess they won't say until right at the deadline for fear of people looking for new jobs, in hopes they will just take it. But since they still are not enforcing it is a good sign they don't want it....which may mean the "Boss" may be willing to accept religious exemptions, which Indiana allows...BUT...from what I read no matter what, its left up to the Boss to decide and he doesn't have to. I found this for more info about religious exemptions.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

I hate when a company thinks they have the right to try to force someone to inject something into their bodies.

The word religious shouldn't even have to be in there. It is deeply held convictions. Not wanting a drug given to me that I do not think I need is definitely a deeply held conviction.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I saw a news blurb come across my phone this morning that the administration may be waffling on the December deadline now?

This indicates to me that there is not now nor ever was an enforceable mandate applicable to federal contractors. If indeed they can simply dictate rules and deadlines, those with such monumental consequences to the very ideas of individual freedom and bodily autonomy, on the fly, then we've essentially swept aside the idea of representative self governance and reverted back to a defacto authoritarian form of government.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

This indicates to me that there is not now nor ever was an enforceable mandate applicable to federal contractors. If indeed they can simply dictate rules and deadlines, those with such monumental consequences to the very ideas of individual freedom and bodily autonomy, on the fly, then we've essentially swept aside the idea of representative self governance and reverted back to a defacto authoritarian form of government.
    Nothing like jumping the gun and firing a lot of workers already.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Not surprising. The left has been immensely successful in changing the definitions of words and repeating lies enough that they become accepted as truth. I'm sure they're hoping this would go the same way, if the dickhead in the white house says it's required then it must be required and all of the little woke minions who are too scared to stand for anything run around chattering about it trying to be the wokest woke person in their circle.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Not surprising. The left has been immensely successful in changing the definitions of words and repeating lies enough that they become accepted as truth. I'm sure they're hoping this would go the same way, if the dickhead in the white house says it's required then it must be required and all of the little woke minions who are too scared to stand for anything run around chattering about it trying to be the wokest woke person in their circle.
    I cannot think of an allegory more apropos than one a thousand years old: The Emperor's New Clothes

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'll never understand some people's desire to control others. Just imagine how great this country would be if the leftists and their ilk would just shut the **** up and mind their own business. No one's religion is any of my business so long as it doesn't involve causing injury to others. I don't have the right to question someone else's religion and neither does anyone else as far as I'm concerned.

We're not allowed to question men wearing dresses and lipstick, calling themselves Sarah and whipping out their **** to **** in front of little girls in a women's restroom. We're not allowed to question what is being "taught" to our kids in the school systems we're bled dry to finance. We're not allowed to question obvious election tampering. We're not allowed to question conflicting science. But we are apparently entitled to view other people's religious beliefs under a microscope to determine whether they are valid.

**** these people and everyone like them.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus

I don't think you have to be deeply religious to feel that using aborted fetuses is wrong. :nuts:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom