• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    "Hill people" are anyone who doesn't live in or near your urban paradise.

I think you're taking things a bit too literally... "Hill people" can come from, and reside, anywhere.

I live in probably a 400 house neighborhood where the houses are $200k-$300k and I'm outright surrounded by "hill people" regardless. One of the biggest offenders just took delivery of a brand new C8.

In regard to your exact circumstance, when I drive through the country side and see people with nice chunks of property I usually think the opposite of "hill people". It takes a lot of scratch to setup one of those places and most of the sub 80IQ folks we see in these videos have no prayer of ever coming up with it. Hell, most of you guys have lawn mowers that cost more than any road going vehicle I've ever owned.

Your neighbor just strikes me as a dip**** for assuming otherwise.

Anyhow...

GMediC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2020
    US
    I think in a post Jussie Smollet, Bubba Wallace world, most should have learned by now to reserve judgement till the facts are available.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    "Hill people" are anyone who doesn't live in or near your urban paradise.

I had a woman from Indy buy ten acres adjacent to mine for a weekend place and start talking to me like I was some ignorant hick. I've traveled the world, have a degree, written books and training manuals, and teach in the college setting. I played it up and after a few weeks starting letting things slip. One day she got a funny look on her face and for the first time asked a bit about my background. Watching her stammer her way through the next half an hour was thoroughly enjoyable.

Now, I grew up with hicks and rednecks and general white (and some black) trash. Trash is trash and both the cities and the country have the their fair share of it. I've seen both and have no use for it wherever such vermin are located. Someone may be ignorant or uneducated, but if they seem to care about the people around, and try to do the right thing, then they are a-ok in my book.

Some of the best and smartest people I’ve ever known barely finished high school and could hardly complete a sentence using halfway decent grammar.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Some of the best and smartest people I’ve ever known barely finished high school and could hardly complete a sentence using halfway decent grammar.

High school drop out reporting in! :wavey:

Over 20 years and 2 engineering degrees later I still think high school was a stupid waste of time. My parents should have let me GED when I was 15 when I begged them to.

I'm hoping with all of the Covid and distance learning stuff that is going on a lot of parents are going to see what a scam traditional K-12 education is. This goes about x100 for the kids of "hill people" who already know that they're going to be running the family farm for the next 5 generations anyhow and need to know a lot more about combines and welding than they do about Shakespeare and social justice.

Half of my time in college was pointless too for that matter...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    this is all going to turn out a lot different than people think.....wait for it....

I disagree. No one will be shocked to find that this hoax was pulled of by a race baiting attention whore.

Even the name calling social media libs know it. But it's not like they won't take any oportunity...

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    I disagree. No one will be shocked to find that this hoax was pulled of by a race baiting attention whore.

Even the name calling social media libs know it. But it's not like they won't take any oportunity...

that is what i'm saying....everyone thinks he got beat up and lynched....the so called hill people(i live on and in the hills) will walk....

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    that is what i'm saying....everyone thinks he got beat up and lynched....the so called hill people(i live on and in the hills) will walk....
    This was dumb on dumb crime. To me, that’s the obvious factor with, what very little info we really have. I’m not betting on the rednecks walking though. The “victim” could have beat them with a stick before the video started, and charges will still be brought in Bloomington. The world has lost its mind.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    This was dumb on dumb crime. To me, that’s the obvious factor with, what very little info we really have. I’m not betting on the rednecks walking though. The “victim” could have beat them with a stick before the video started, and charges will still be brought in Bloomington. The world has lost its mind.

oh yes i know the Boomington stupidity very very well......it was a very different place many years ago.....i was born and raised there...

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Second rally continues call for justice in Booker incident

https://www.hoosiertimes.com/herald...cle_331fb876-c0a9-11ea-90b8-b7b66a65ceea.html

[FONT=&amp]Hundreds of people gathered in front of the Monroe County Courthouse on Tuesday for the second evening in a row, demanding justice following a racially charged incident at Lake Monroe on the Fourth of July.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Following a format similar to the previous night, speakers from Black Lives Matter Bloomington and Enough is Enough, other activists, elected officials and concerned citizens demanded the arrest of those involved in an incident where Bloomington resident Vauhxx Booker was pinned up against a tree by five white men on a property near Lake Monroe.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]They also condemned two local incidents involving the mistreatment of Black residents that occurred earlier this month, including a July 1 incident involving Black Indiana University basketball players at Lake Monroe.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Speakers demanded the suspension of the Department of Natural Resources officers who responded to both incidents on Lake Monroe and did not make arrests.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Activists also made calls to defund local police agencies, reopen the investigation of Joseph Smedley’s death and vote for elected officials who further anti-racist policies.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Demonstrators marched down Kirkwood Avenue part way through the evening.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]

Last edited:

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    So in this article the police are having trouble identifying the couple who “struck” two people at the btown protest even though they have a clear license plate picture. What?

second why are they looking for them? In the article it states the man exited vehicle to move the electric scooter that was left in middle of the road. That is when one person ran in front of the car and in my thinking made aggressive acts toward the people in said car by placing hands on hood of car preventing the couples escape , or criminal confinement. That would terrify me and would make me go into self defense mode seeing that one person could easily become more in that mob mentality. So I see the couple driving the car as self defense trying to escape. Those two idiots placed themselves into harms way. I don’t see this as criminal, say hit and run.

but it’s btown, so I don’t have much hope there, glad I left.

https://www.theindychannel.com/news...inding-two-people-involved-in-monday-incident

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I'm gathering that Monroe Lake isn't a good place to hang out if more than one of these incidents has happened in the last week...?

Top Bottom