Lottery Winner still on Food Stamps (Update: she's no longer alive)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    People should not be surprised when some take advantage of the system.

Why get angry at the people that take advantage of the system instead of just being angry at the system which allows it, no, make that promotes it? This system of dependency is wrong and not helpful, but hurtful and human action/nature will always result in some doing this sort of thing.. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Human-Action-Ludwig-von-Mises/dp/0865976317"]Human Action: A Treatise on Economics: Ludwig von Mises,Bettina Bien Greaves: 9780865976313: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

Was it ultimately her fault she ended up dying, yes. But she was young, naive and a product of the environment of dependency we all live in, but only some recognize its peril. I do not enjoy the fact that she was broken by it. I would have preferred she came around to a different way of thinking.
    "If you weren't liberal when you were young, you have no heart. If you're still liberal when you're older, you have no brain."_ Winston Churchill.
    I did not know her or have any interest in her other than one day my kids will be trying to survive in this broken system. So I have to try to teach them as best I can, but experience is what really teaches, and sometimes it crushes them before they figure it out.
    Dont hate player, hate the game.:twocents:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    What does this have to do with anything? I know you have to be smart enough to realize that he was referring to the "justice" of her ODing after bilking the taxpayers out of money by collecting food stamps. Where does how much she paid in taxes have anything to do with it? It's okay to steal from your neighbors as long as you pay taxes?

If you need help, please by all means take it... Thats what's it's there for is people like yourself. Just don't turn into one of those people who think they should receive welfare for the rest of there lives. Good Luck sir..:yesway:

And just a note about the OP story.. She did pay the money back..

just in case some missed it, she did pay the money back she collected on food stamps when she shouldn't have been.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Look, I'll go out on a limb and say the posters here are not really
    expressing the sentiment of "glad she's dead" at her specifically.

It is an over all anger at the welfare state in particular and the fraud that is rampant in the system.
    To deny that welfare is being abused is being dishonest.
    To deny that welfare is being used to buy votes is also dishonest.

(yeah, yeah, uncle so and so is disabled... you KNOW to what I am referring.)

Abuse of a system at my expense PO'es me as well.
    Should she have faced charges for fraud? YEP.
    Should she of had to pay a massive penalty for fraud? YEP.
    Her dying does not really have any impact on the fraud she committed

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    she's only 24 years old she'll get her welfare until she becomes 65, then she can collection social security

Nah... ss won't be around by the time 24 year olds (right now) turm 65. By 2036 it will be flat broke of it's paper iou it has.

Grant its broke right now but we just borrow to pay out.

just in case some missed it, she did pay the money back she collected on food stamps when she shouldn't have been.

Yup she paid with the lottery money she won based on buying tickets with the money she got from food stamps.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    It's not up to me to decide that the world is better off without the girl in the OP or anyone else for that matter. If someone is trying to take my life, I will defend myself and I'll still mourn their death if I should kill them.

Fine, you don't believe that you should have an opinion. Whatever.

Though the question still remains, that incidentally you have previously refused to clarify: If a person is moving to take the life of your neighbors or your leaders, or overthrow your country.......Do you stand up and defend those and that, or do you simply take the position that you shouldn't take action?

Top Bottom