Lottery Winner still on Food Stamps (Update: she's no longer alive)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Lottery winner on food stamps:

Please please please, do yourself a favor and read this short article. Who else busts a gut on the last line? If this doesn't exactly explain what is wrong with this country, I don't know what does. I've still got tears in my eyes. You flat out couldn't write stupidity like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Hey, read her comments. She doesn't have a job so she's entitled to keep receiving assistance. Just because she owns two homes and a couple vehicles doesn't mean she shouldn't get some of that free money the gobberment hands out. You should feel grateful that the tax money you earned and paid is going to help someone from the entitlement generation.

I know I sure feel better when I read heart warming stories like this.

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Bahahahahahahahaha...hahahaha...hahaha...

Ah... Gotta love entitlements.

Personal Side-note: My own luck sucks so bad, I used to have a friend who worked at a gas station and I would hang out with him and buy the scratch-off lotto tickets. I have never won a dime. Not even a "get another card" thing.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Hey, it looks like she paid her fair share "into the system" why shouldn't she be able to get it back?

She just dished out about $500k to various governments.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That makes me so angry.

If this makes you angry, then don't even start thinking about the fact that she probably used her unemployment money to buy the lottery tickets in the first place. I mean somebody has to help these folks out with their gambling money, liquor bills and party supplies.

Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows us that as a government grows, liberty decreases. Thomas Jefferson

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Hey, it looks like she paid her fair share "into the system" why shouldn't she be able to get it back?

Certainly more than I contributed the past couple of years. From a percentage, also more than our presidential candidates. At $200 per month, it will take a while to break even.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    She'll be broke in about year, and be back on government assistance anyway...

Probably.
    amanda-clayton-lottery-food-stamps.jpg

To put a face to the name. :)

-Jedi

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    It will not be long before she is on the TV program "How the Lottery Changed My Life".
    The Govt. oversight committee is looking into food stamp fraud as we speak. I'm sure they will fix the problem. [purple]

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana

Actually I think I agree with you. I didn't think about it til you posted it but I'd say the odds she has paid more in taxes from her winnings then she has ever or will ever get from her government assistance.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    she has paid more in taxes from her winnings then she has ever or will ever get from her government assistance.

She didn't pay anything in taxes - you and I probably paid for her lottery ticket with our tax dollars. When someone hands her $500,000 in cash without doing anything for that money, she hasn't paid anything. She just opted to take the early pay out at a reduced rate of return.

Top Bottom