Lottery Winner still on Food Stamps (Update: she's no longer alive)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Hey - I totally understand and feel sorry with what she's going through.
    It takes a lot of money to run just one house. Can you imagine owning two? That's a lot of upkeep. Not to mention the furnishings, utilities, taxes, maintenance, repairs, services and having to expand her closets to hold all her new shoes. She would starve without her food stamps. (I wish I had that problem).

Plus she feels they screwed her for the taxes she has to pay on her winnings.
    I see a new reality show - "Welfare Millionaires".

Is it wrong to make targets from her photo? :D

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    She should of...
    Shut_Your_Pie_Hole_by_crosspollenation.jpg

and she would have still been in/on the system.

-Jedi

sinnful

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    Knox
    I read this last night and was in complete disgust. Sadly it is people like this that make it even more difficult for the people that need the help to get it.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Hey, it looks like she paid her fair share "into the system" why shouldn't she be able to get it back?

She just dished out about $500k to various governments.

I really hadn't thought of it this way. She did just pay in a couple hundred thousand dollars to the system. My issue is that she's perpetuating that system. The fewer people on the system, the fewer dollars that need to go toward it. When we keep the system fat it just keeps eating.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    lol... I was just trying to be a smart ass, but I'm glad it's thought provoking.

I was trying to parody the "well I paid in SS, I damn well deserve my benefits" or "I paid into UE, I don't feel bad at all about taking my benefits."

It's a comedy of errors to me, and a distraction to boot.

Will this case end welfare fraud? No. So, I fail to see the point of getting all riled up about it.

If people want to start foaming at the mouth they should direct their indignation to the fact that such a program exists in the first place, not how it's used.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    lol... I was just trying to be a smart ass, but I'm glad it's thought provoking.

Maybe so, but there is some truth to it. She's probably paid more into the system than she'll ever take out simply by winning that lottery. I don't think the government should get a dime of that money she won, but that's only my opinion. We just need to clamp down the system, or ditch it.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I read this last night and was in complete disgust. Sadly it is people like this that make it even more difficult for the people that need the help to get it.

Government picking winners and losers with property confiscated from those that earned it is what fosters this mentality. Government philanthropy is the alibi of tyrants.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    And the Rich 1% are the greedy people lol.
    WTF is wrong with this state? I keep hearing so much crazy crap coming from Michigan

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I really hope this person dies in a fire, she would be less of a tax burden then.

Just to play devils advocate, she just paid around $200,000 in taxes this year. At $200 a month it will take her over 83 years to get that back.

Not to be snarky but how many here on INGO have paid $200,000 in taxes... in their lifetime? Perspective.

The entitlements need to end, I agree.

The idea that giving stolen money to this woman prior to her lotto winning is somehow more acceptable than giving stolen money to her after her lotto winning is absurd.

The money was STOLEN from me (and presumably fellow INGO'ers). Now some you act like you have some sort of moral high ground to claim that money you stole should go to person X over person Y?

GTF over yourselves people. The money is stolen. You have NO STANDING to try and get all high an mighty how those stolen funds are allocated.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    that is redicilous, i cannot believe our government allows that to happen
    Hey people on welfare and food stamps are supposed to report their earnings. And not use that money for drugs,alcohol,cigarettes, illegal acts, etc.... They are all trustworthy people who just need help. They wouldnt abuse it..

Top Bottom