• ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...I hope it lasts forever...

Keep an eye out for frame rust.

Guy here at work has one just like it with over 300K. Motor doesn't sound so great anymore.

He drives past a house that's had one sitting in the driveway for a couple years. He decided to stop and see if they'd want to part with it. Truck looks and runs great. Only has about 110K on it, but the frame is rusted nearly in half.

He bought it cheap and plans to put the lower mileage motor in his, that still has minimal rust on the frame.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    1984, 6.2 diesel, 4X4, 4.10 gears, rear A/C, 19 MPG......

Damn that ain't bad, especially with the 4:10 rearend!

I stopped one day to look at a square body Suburban many moons ago on a used lot. It was a gorgeous black 4wd with dark tinted windows. I was lusting after it severely and as the salesman approached me I lifted the hood. When I saw those big block valve covers with that quadrajet sitting between them I almost ran for my vehicle to leave the lot. I could hear the salesman behind me literally shouting "We'll make you a GREAT deal on that one, Don't Go!!"

Based on a couple of dually's I've owned I'm guessing about 4 mpg on a good day with the Oklahoma wind at your back.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    One day my car wouldn't start, so I got a ride to work, then wlked to a nearby dealership and bought this and drove it home.

The "bumper", rust, and many more scratches and dents came over the next ten years.

attachment.php

No goat ropin' truck for me.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    One day my car wouldn't start, so I got a ride to work, then wlked to a nearby dealership and bought this and drove it home.

The "bumper", rust, and many more scratches and dents came over the next ten years.

attachment.php

No goat ropin' truck for me.

Thats an awesome truck and an awesome story!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Thats an awesome truck and an awesome story!

Awesome? Well...

It reeked of cigarette smoke. There was burn marks all over it. No power nothing, just a work truck. But, it was what I wanted, cheap, and available to get me home.

When I did get home, I found a dozen air fresheners under the seat, and it looked like surface rust under the dash, probably from power washing the interior.

And there was a baggie tucked way up under there, and I think it might have had some weed in it.

It's a DD when I can't be on two wheels.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    To each their own. When they first released pictures of the new Chevy's I didn't see one comment about them looking good. I have been surprised to see so many on the road.

I have the same opinion of Fords. Why anyone would buy one of those, I don’t have a clue. Yet...there’s a bunch of them out there. You’re right, to each their own. And thank God we live in America where we have all of these choices and we’re not stuck with the one version the government thinks we need.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have the same opinion of Fords. Why anyone would buy one of those, I don’t have a clue. Yet...there’s a bunch of them out there. You’re right, to each their own. And thank God we live in America where we have all of these choices and we’re not stuck with the one version the government thinks we need.

They have all followed the Ram into the big "Look: at me grill treatment and I hate it. Like-em if you will no worries as there was a new on in 04 I did not care much for. So in 05 I got a smoking deal on one of those same trucks ultra low mileage with the perks I needed at the time. I am still rolling it 15 years later. Go figure.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    They have all followed the Ram into the big "Look: at me grill treatment and I hate it. Like-em if you will no worries as there was a new on in 04 I did not care much for. So in 05 I got a smoking deal on one of those same trucks ultra low mileage with the perks I needed at the time. I am still rolling it 15 years later. Go figure.

Personally, I like the 2019’s the best of the GM HD’s. I think that is a very classic look. The 2020’s have grown on me as I like that “big grill” look. I like the Chevy’s better than the GMC’s too.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    My Dad is on his third GMC/Chevrolet truck since he retired and I haven't cared for any of them. My best friend is a die hard Ford fan and while I don't hate them my Rams have treated me too well to look elsewhere (I'm on my 4th Ram). After driving the snot out of Ford police vehicles for years I have a lot of respect for the brand, they can certainly build something that'll take the abuse and keep on moving but I'm sticking with Ram until I have a really good reason not to.

Top Bottom