• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I was a chrome guy for a long time but the murdered-out look grabbed me and hasn’t let go.

I’ve seen some that I like and GM is now selling a bunch of theirs with blacked out wheels, grills, etc. I’m just not a fan. Like I said up thread though: Thank God we live in a country where we get to choose!

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    The only newer truck I've seen that I liked a little was a Chevy with throwback red/white/red paint job.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My 2007 Silverado had been a great truck. Reliable, reliable, reliable.

...but now I find myself getting bored.

Once she crests 200,000 miles (about 6 months), I'll be looking and I've been back and forth between Ram, F-150 and Titan....'cause I need a change. I only buy used, but usually same model year or one year before, so 2019 or 2020.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011

Holy s**t!!!

An orange one with the old style chrome rings and hubcaps!:wow:

2019-Chevy-Cheyenne-Big-10-rear.jpg

That's cool.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    My 2007 Silverado had been a great truck. Reliable, reliable, reliable.

...but now I find myself getting bored.

Once she crests 200,000 miles (about 6 months), I'll be looking and I've been back and forth between Ram, F-150 and Titan....'cause I need a change. I only buy used, but usually same model year or one year before, so 2019 or 2020.

Titan was on my short list. Finding one with desirable options and miles was tough and when one did pop up, it was nearly twice the cost of the ram. The Andy Mohr Nissan on Pike Plaza has a murdered out Titan on their lot right now and it is all kinds of cool, but way over what I’d be willing to spend. Nature of the beast.....

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Titan was on my short list. Finding one with desirable options and miles was tough and when one did pop up, it was nearly twice the cost of the ram. The Andy Mohr Nissan on Pike Plaza has a murdered out Titan on their lot right now and it is all kinds of cool, but way over what I’d be willing to spend. Nature of the beast.....

While I like the new Ram and and Titan, dollar for dollar, it's tough to beat an F-150 XLT 4x4 with the 5.0L...and I will only consider an NA V8.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I’ve seen some that I like and GM is now selling a bunch of theirs with blacked out wheels, grills, etc. I’m just not a fan. Like I said up thread though: Thank God we live in a country where we get to choose!
    I had a semi try to run over my 2018 last year, and immediately started trying to find a brand new one. It had to have the 6.2 liter in it was my only stipulation. The 6.2 was only available in a High Country or a LTZ, and they both had way to much chrome to suit me.

EJmasqp.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Don't like the Tundras?

Or don't like the Tundra prices?:rolleyes:

Price. I can get 200,000 miles (as we can see) out of any of the major brands. If I wanted 350,000+, I'd pay the STEEP price for the Tundra, but I will get bored before that, so the premium price doesn't buy me anything.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Price. I can get 200,000 miles (as we can see) out of any of the major brands. If I wanted 350,000+, I'd pay the STEEP price for the Tundra, but I will get bored before that, so the premium price doesn't buy me anything.

Yeah. They are proud of them.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I had a semi try to run over my 2018 last year, and immediately started trying to find a brand new one. It had to have the 6.2 liter in it was my only stipulation. The 6.2 was only available in a High Country or a LTZ, and they both had way to much chrome to suit me.

EJmasqp.jpg
    Did you consider the 3/4 ton version. I think that’s the standard gas engine in those.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    04 GMC SLE Z-71. Bought it in 05 with sub 20K on the clock. It has 148K on it now.
    Its a real truck but not loaded out interior. We work it. It has paid for itself many times over.

blb7SG7.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Top Bottom