• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    For those that are interested in getting a little range time in before this event: TSA 2 gun event is this Sunday 7/26 in Batesville IN. It is like a uspsa/idpa type thing but the stages are based off of tactical drills and situations. It would be a great teaser for LAV class in my opinion. Transitions, rifle, handgun, reloads, accuracy vs speed, shooting and moving... Test your gear setup.
    Personally, I think this 2 gun match atmosphere is more like a group of folks fine tuning skills and less of a competition feel but everyone uses it for what they want. https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/shooting-sports/483855-tsa-2-gun-sun-7-24-tcc.html

EDIT to add: There are usually a couple guys that rock this event without shirts but I'm not sure on their policy towards tactical thongs.

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Very interested in joining! Are there more details for logistics and rules online? Couldn't find anything posted at https://tricountycoonhunter.org/2-gun

For those that are interested in getting a little range time in before this event: TSA 2 gun event is this Sunday 7/26 in Batesville IN. It is like a uspsa/idpa type thing but the stages are based off of tactical drills and situations. It would be a great teaser for LAV class in my opinion. Transitions, rifle, handgun, reloads, accuracy vs speed, shooting and moving... Test your gear setup.
    Personally, I think this 2 gun match atmosphere is more like a group of folks fine tuning skills and less of a competition feel but everyone uses it for what they want. https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/shooting-sports/483855-tsa-2-gun-sun-7-24-tcc.html

EDIT to add: There are usually a couple guys that rock this event without shirts but I'm not sure on their policy towards tactical thongs.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Very interested in joining! Are there more details for logistics and rules online? Couldn't find anything posted at https://tricountycoonhunter.org/2-gun
    Here is a cut and paste from an old INGO thread with more information. https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...atch-8-25-batesville.html?471849=#post8008545

You can download a PDF of the rulebook here: Index of /scores

Short summary:
    Semi-auto rifle with a sling (sling is mandatory)
    3 rifle mags and a way to carry them on your person
    Handgun with a holster
    3 pistol mags and a way to carry them on your person (revolvers are allowed)
    Eye and ear protection
    100 rounds of both rifle and handgun ammo
    4 Courses of Fire
    100 yards max distance for rifle shot

Here is a more informative thread on it also:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...y-every-month-3-25-a.html?451347=#post7463740

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Thank you sir! Will likely see you there Sunday!

Here is a cut and paste from an old INGO thread with more information. https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...atch-8-25-batesville.html?471849=#post8008545

You can download a PDF of the rulebook here: Index of /scores

Short summary:
    Semi-auto rifle with a sling (sling is mandatory)
    3 rifle mags and a way to carry them on your person
    Handgun with a holster
    3 pistol mags and a way to carry them on your person (revolvers are allowed)
    Eye and ear protection
    100 rounds of both rifle and handgun ammo
    4 Courses of Fire
    100 yards max distance for rifle shot

Here is a more informative thread on it also:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...y-every-month-3-25-a.html?451347=#post7463740

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    They will send out a reporting instruction email.

Dear Student,

Welcome to the Larry Vickers 1 Day Advanced Carbine and 2 day Advanced Pistol course in Lebanon, IN on 7-9 June, 2020.

Please arrive to the class by 0830. Class will commence shooting by 0900 at the latest. Below is information on the course, ammo & equipment requirements, as well as the address for the range and recommended lodging information.

***PLEASE READ THE ATTACHED ORDER BY THE STATE OF INDIANA. WE WILL RUN TWO RELAYS ON THE LINE DUE TO THE SOCIAL DISTANCING REQUIREMENT, WE WILL ALSO CLOSE THE BUILD TO STUDENT ACCESS. THE STUDENTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO WEAR A MASK WHEN NOT ON THE FIRING LINE. ***

***PLEASE PRINT AND FILL OUT THE ATTACHED WAIVER FORM AND HAND IT TO THE INSTRUCTOR BEFORE COMMENCEMENT OF THE CLASS***

If you had registered for multiple participants, please be sure to forward this email to the other enrolled parties.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. Thank you and we hope you enjoy the course.

COURSE LOCATION:
    Lebanon City Police Range
    1905 S Indianapolis Av
    Lebanon, IN 46052

RECOMMENDED LODGING:
    No specific recommendations. Please search via google maps if needed.

RECOMMENDED FOOD:
    No specific recommendations. Please search via google maps if needed.

Weapon & Gear Requirements:
    Carbine:
    - Serviceable duty grade carbine
    - Serviceable sling (tactical type preferred.)
    - Minimum of 5 serviceable carbine magazines
    - Optics – (Optional but highly recommended)
    - Pouch(es) to properly carry at least two spare rifle magazines
    Handgun:
    - Serviceable handgun of at least 9mm Para caliber
    - Serviceable holster - Please note ***No Serpa or Serpa style holsters unless it’s issued to you by your agency/unit and no AWIB carry****
    - Minimum of 4-5 serviceable magazines
    - Pouch(es) to properly carry at least two spare pistol magazines
    MISC:
    - Eye and ear protection (electronic hearing protection is highly recommended)
    - Weapon cleaning & lubrication supplies
    - Suitable range wear depending on the season
    - Good attitude
    Ammo Requirements:
    - 400 rounds of carbine ammunition and 100 rounds of handgun ammunition

bmanguns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2017
    Tippecanoe
    I am signed up to go this weekend to the Vickers class, Advanced Pistol. I have a conflict and now cannot attend. Is anyone interested in taking my spot?

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Sitting in the quality inn at Lebanon eating White Castle and drinking Seagrams!

My 5:11 thong is drying in preparation for tomorrow.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Sitting in the quality inn at Lebanon eating White Castle and drinking Seagrams!

My 5:11 thong is drying in preparation for tomorrow.

I'm not going to think about why it was wet.

Damn it Brad!

See you tomorrow. :ar15:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Welp we had special guest appearances by Van Halen and Tom Selleck, who am I missing?

Brad and I let them take the heat this year, he wasn’t into dissing the Eotech and mpx and we didn’t even get to shoot pistol, DA/SA or otherwise.

Definitely a good time though, in large part because of the relationships.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    I didn't get up in time. I'm the worst student ever.

But hey, I got to have Larry Vickers call me a window-licker. How many people alive can say THAT?

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    IMO another great time on the range!

Learned some stuff and had a chance to send some rounds down range with my INGO brethren. If some of you peoples have not attended a training event with the “Crew” you need to get on board.

1. No thin skin.
    2. Big boy rules (we don’t tolerate safety foppish actions).
    3. If you are “new” we will help you achieve the training goal.
    4. We discuss “gear” not judge if you wanna use a “commie” POS your call!
    5. Absorb the instructor’s content if you think it’s BS so it, take what’s good and use it.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    It was a good time for sure. It wasn't quite as advanced as I was hoping for, but I certainly learned some new things and have a couple of new things to play around with.

One of the interesting things was transitioning to and shooting from the non dominant side. I hadn't done much of that but was pleased with some of the hits I was able to make. I had never given much thought to being a lefty AR shooter, but using the left trigger finger to toggle the safety works really well.

Interestingly enough, we got the lesson live, and this video went out on LV's YouTube channel today.

[video=youtube_share;G0XzMklOKnA]https://youtu.be/G0XzMklOKnA[/video]

rotag84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Hamilton County
    Yesterday was my first carbine class and my chance to meet some of the INGO guys. Definitely a fun group who made me felt welcomed. It was a great time all around and we had awesome weather. I look forward to attending future events posted here. Vickers was really good and easy to talk with. He doesn't talk down to people like some trainers do. I will be back if he is here again.

I was one of the AK guys and built this rifle earlier this summer for this class when I realized the supply of AR ammo was going to be an issue. The rifle and cheap Chicom red dot worked better than I did but at least I can improve. Again my apologies to the fellow 'AKer' who's target I shot up on the first 100 yrd event 'cause some times I just fuk up. LOL.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom