• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rotag84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Hamilton County
    Larry did make an interesting observation. That the worlds most popular pistol, (Glock) is stupidly simple but the worlds most popular defensive rifle (AR platform) requires a more sophisticated user to keep it running effectively. I though it a great point. You would think the Glock would be paired with the AK as far as the need to clean and know how to manipulate controls.

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    My favorite takeaway from that rant was him discussing the charging handle is the weakness of the AR (being detached from the carrier). AR's failures always take time to assess while AK's you 99% of the time just strip the mag and rack the bolt.

Larry did make an interesting observation. That the worlds most popular pistol, (Glock) is stupidly simple but the worlds most popular defensive rifle (AR platform) requires a more sophisticated user to keep it running effectively. I though it a great point. You would think the Glock would be paired with the AK as far as the need to clean and know how to manipulate controls.

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Ratio of Joe Biden jokes to war stories was probably est. 50:1; he referenced Delta a number of times for training practices but I only remember one story (second hand) about a Gentleman that got paralyzed by an RPD while retaining a rifle mag

I don’t think I heard war stories, more current event rants.

I’d love to hear how the weekend group went. I would think it would have been very fulfilling, with it being a 2 day.

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Some other highlights from break time, got a few Ken Hackathorn impersonations (i.e. his reluctance to use a red dot). He thinks HK is going to sh*t, squandering the proceeds of their HK416 defense contracts.

Sig 320 is the #2 dominant platform after Glock but he thinks a Gen 5 Glock 19 100% beats a Sig 320 all day long. Adoption of the Sig 320 only came from selling at cost to the DOD.

Larry did call out Bill Wilson for overpricing the WC Sig 320 but highlights it is by far the best Sig 320 (beating the Legion). The WC grip module being the best value for an upgrade.

How was the war story to training ratio?

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    Ratio of Joe Biden jokes to war stories was probably est. 50:1; he referenced Delta a number of times for training practices but I only remember one story (second hand) about a Gentleman that got paralyzed by an RPD while retaining a rifle mag

That blows my mind. What a stupid way to train people to get killed.

diveski11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2016
    Indianapolis
    @rotag84 hit me up if you want to meet up some time and mess around with AK's, can work with you on mechanics / talk you through how I have my AK's setup (I was the Asian to your left)

@308jake we need to convert more AR shooters to AK shooters while AR ammo is literally double the price (60 cents vs 30 cents)

That conversation was happening at our house recently....

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    I wish I had gone to this class. It seems like attendance was good. The last carbine class I took there were a whopping 3 of us. There is something to be said for learning by experiencing somewhat larger classes which gives you a broader view of equipment, techniques, solutions, etc, plus you meet more people.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    3WNMInO.jpg

Top Bottom