• ...and so much more!
  • MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    Thinking of going to a red dot. Do you think I could acclimate to one in one or two range visits before the class? I usually run irons but my eyesight is going straight downhill approaching 50 years old.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Thinking of going to a red dot. Do you think I could acclimate to one in one or two range visits before the class? I usually run irons but my eyesight is going straight downhill approaching 50 years old.

I would guess you could, particularly with a good co-witness. In fact I may be doing the same. I ran open irons at the RR carbine class but trying to get a red dot added for this one. As long as the irons are sighted and the dot is on the post then it's put the dot on target and go.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Are you talking about rifle or pistol? Sorry if I missed it.
    I’m trying to get used to a dot on a pistol before the class, I might have the same 50 yo eyes.
    I don’t think it’s particularly hard to transition to a red dot on a rifle.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Also going to try a new minimalist battle belt set-up for this one. I picked up an HSG Duty-Grip padded belt. I need to grab some mag pouches for them.

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I'm a crusty WASR shooter myself, guessing your handiwork is much better than the reject pile from Romania! :yesway: I'll bring a spare AK or 2 for the commie gun crew

308Jake and I will also be running AK's this year. I can confirm from last year, he will borrow your AK to demo! :ar15:

OK, I built mine from a kit. Maybe he won't want to shoot it when he sees that.:laugh:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I am going to sporting the new mesh line of
    5:11 summer thongs.

I will attempt to get Larry to sign them!

Eo Tech rocks I am sure to be that guy again !

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I'm sure he''d get a laugh out of it if a bunch of y'all showed up wearing flip flops. This is (or at least last year's class was) a serious class for a serious amount of $. Attendees included police officers, .mil, .gov agencies, other firearm trainers, civies...

Larry will teach towards what he likes best on a carbine (blue force gear sling, slings mounted at a specific part of the rifle, Aimpoints, 28 rounds in a 30 round mag, etc). He'll tell you why he likes what he likes but he will also let you struggle with whatever gear you decide to bring. Be prepared to get hazed for it and don't get your panties in a bunch. :):

mshogren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Nov 20, 2010
    Arcadia
    We are just over 2 weeks out. Anyone heard anything? When should I expect to get an update email? Or are we to just show up that day at the range?

Being my first time, I have no idea...

Mark

rotag84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Hamilton County
    They will send out a reporting instruction email.

Good to know. I was just about to post asking what time to show up since I couldn't find that info on their site or on my registration confirmation. I just hope it isn't hotter than hell. My 5.11 thong gets uncomfortable when I sweat.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    And very, very, dark sunglasses. The wraparound old people kind. 2 guys in thongs. Yuck.

It sounds like it’s going to be super hot that day so I may forgo the track suit and just do the thong and battle belt....maybe a plate carrier, but I don’t want to be too ridiculous

rotag84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Hamilton County
    I am sooooo tempted to go to Goodwill looking for a track suit. Considering the heat, maybe just the jacket with some short-short running shorts to show off my hairy legs. Or would that clash with an all black AK?

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Anything Adidas matches the AK quite nicely. If you're worried about your legs heating up, Adidas tear away pants might be a solution?

I am sooooo tempted to go to Goodwill looking for a track suit. Considering the heat, maybe just the jacket with some short-short running shorts to show off my hairy legs. Or would that clash with an all black AK?

Top Bottom