• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Bottom line... If you're black and "rolling with your homies", and another group is "rolling with their homies"... Your likelihood of being shot increases exponentially. That seems to be what happened here.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    The IMPD representative I saw on WTHR said it's perfectly safe! Downtown is only a minute fraction of the shootings and killings perpetrated by this same demographic! :rolleyes:
    I may have taken some liberties with his statement. His actual statement:
    “It is warming up and it’s obvious that people cannot control themselves on a warm night in Indianapolis. The canal used to be a real nice place to come down and bring your family and walk at night, not anymore,” said Buckner.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I may have taken some liberties with his statement. His actual statement:
    “It is warming up and it’s obvious that people cannot control themselves on a warm night in Indianapolis. The canal used to be a real nice place to come down and bring your family and walk at night, not anymore,” said Buckner.
    Buckner tells it like it is, good or bad. And I wouldn't go to the canal at night if I wasn't being paid to be there.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Ah. He sits in the Ivory Tower, where everything is rainbows and puppies.
    No unicorns? :laugh: The Public Affairs types are needed. Have to have somebody to refer the media towards. In the USAF a saying such as "Any official comments on this matter will be from the installation commander or designated public affairs representative" was handy.

A few years ago I answered the main admin office phone (I'm a .gov fed) and it was a local reporter. He got transferred to our Public Affairs-type before he got all his station's call letters out. My boss asked me what he wanted. I said, "I dunno, I don't talk to reporters. That's why we have PA pukes."

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Indianapolis subreddit was full of weapons grade cope today.

It's not that bad, people only get shot sometimes, the rest of the time it's great! :lmfao:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Indianapolis subreddit was full of weapons grade cope today.

It's not that bad, people only get shot sometimes, the rest of the time it's great! :lmfao:
    That would be funny... if it was on the Bee or the Onion. I tellz ya what, I dunno.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I’ll make my annual pilgrimage to 16th & Georgetown and y’all can have inside the loop the rest of the year. I’m fine watching from rural Indiana…

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I love working at the track and look forward to it every year.
    My ex and I used to live in Eagledale (not far from CM) and her brother and I used to walk from our house north of the north 40 down to 16th and Georgetown the night before the race every year just to people watch.

Race day morning, I'd sit on the bridge on 30th across from the north 40 entrance and have my coffee and do more people watching. Amazing how drunk people can be by 7 a.m.. :): I'd do the same for the Brickyard but it was a totally different crowd. A lot more "family friendly".

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    My ex and I used to live in Eagledale (not far from CM) and her brother and I used to walk from our house north of the north 40 down to 16th and Georgetown the night before the race every year just to people watch.

Race day morning, I'd sit on the bridge on 30th across from the north 40 entrance and have my coffee and do more people watching. Amazing how drunk people can be by 7 a.m.. :): I'd do the same for the Brickyard but it was a totally different crowd. A lot more "family friendly".
    I love people watching, such entertainment.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

When I was at Nuclear Power Prototype in Ballston Spa, New York.. I used to "people watch" people going to the horse track.
    I'm a big fan of ladies dressing up.

Top Bottom