• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When I was at Nuclear Power Prototype in Ballston Spa, New York.. I used to "people watch" people going to the horse track.
    I'm a big fan of ladies dressing up.
    I'm a big fan of ladies undressing! I don't know how much of that goes on at horse races, but at the 500, it wasn't uncommon. :):

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Police are also looking for a white van that witnesses say left the scene. The vehicle has lettering describing it as an ice cream truck, and is decorated with an “angry bird” image, according to a police spokesman.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Police say the scene of the [triple] shooting is considered a “hot spot” in the city, so officers were already nearby and able to provide a quick response.

“It would be nice if we could move this crime out of this neighborhood, and I’m sure eventually it will happen if good people get in here and start buying the homes,” said Buckner.
    Why would good people start buying homes in that neighborhood if it's a hot spot for shootings?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Why would good people start buying homes in that neighborhood if it's a hot spot for shootings?
    People (and likely corporations) have been doing it in other neighborhoods. Of course when that happens, the other residents complain about "gentrification". What they really want is for good people to move in to the crappy houses and not fix them up. Problem is, most "good" people don't want to live in crappy houses.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

24 felony convictions and dude is just out walking the streets shooting at cars. Twenty freaking four!

"Hill — who had 24 prior felony conviction dating back to 1983 — was prohibited from legally possessing a firearm due to his criminal record, the DOJ noted."

See....that right there is why we need more infringements upon rights. Criminals are not paying attention to laws.

- Moms Demand Action

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Bring back three strikes.
    I disagree with the three strikes thing.
    One dumb night as a 21 year old could land you in prison forever with that law.
    Say driving drunk,hitting a parked squad car,then fighting with an officer. Jail forever under 3 strikes. Would that be dumb,hell yes it would. Should it be punished by jail time,yes of course. But forever?

Just a point to make about those laws. It could all happen in one night or from one event.

Now if you keep on adding felonies and a pattern forms,yes you should be locked up.

I do not know about a number,but at 24 with a clear pattern(and likely added a few more) the guy should be locked up.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Say driving drunk,hitting a parked squad car,then fighting with an officer. Jail forever under 3 strikes. Would that be dumb,hell yes it would. Should it be punished by jail time,yes of course. But forever?

Just a point to make about those laws. It could all happen in one night or from one event.

Now if you keep on adding felonies and a pattern forms,yes you should be locked up.

I do not know about a number,but at 24 with a clear pattern(and likely added a few more) the guy should be locked up.
    Maybe a 3 strikes law but you can only pick up 1 strike max per 24 hour period?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

3 strikes is separate incidents, not the same incident involving 3 charges. Don't want to go to jail for life? Don't continue to do stupid ****.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    3 strikes is separate incidents, not the same incident involving 3 charges. Don't want to go to jail for life? Don't continue to do stupid ****.
    Not true. It has happened to quite a few.
    Many were and are drug related things of course,but not nearly all and less and less are for those types of crimes as drug laws have been greatly relaxed from felonies.
    Plenty are still in jail for 3 felonies from one incident(or 2 in Florida as it has a 2 strike law).

1-2.
    Knowingly hired an illegal alien even if the business you hired them for is not yours and paying them in cash(felony count of conspiracy to defraud the United States) and did so while having a firearm legally in your possession(1st and 2nd felony,having a firearm almost always adds an additional felony automatically if you are convicted of any other felony).
    Police/feds wait to arrest you until you are in a post office parking lot. 3rd felony(firearm on post office property).
    In Florida you just went to jail for life from just 2 of those,without the possibility of parole. They already have over 13,600 lifetime without parole inmates in Florida only 45% are for violent offenses. In a state with a 3 strikes law you also went to jail forever without the possibility of parole.

Remember which political party controls most 3 letter agencies,and many prosecutors offices.

It really is tough to sort out what should end up involving life in prison forever with no possibility of ever being let out,and saying a number of x type of crime is in no way ideal. Violent felons should for sure,but even using the word violent has become a political issue to the left. As in you are committing a violent act for carrying a firearm according to them.

The legal system is a mess. It is not working correctly,and I believe it is intentional. 3 strike laws will not solve it.

I have never had any felony,nor will I ever have one. I am careful and always aware of my actions to an obscene level,because I do not/did not ever want to have one and lose any of my "rights". It requires vigilance and awareness of changes in the law as well. For example parking on a public street and walking to the post office rather than using their parking lot,which I do.

The current way laws work rarely stops criminals,but can make a non criminal person one easily.

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Most states three strikes laws are based on a list of crimes that count as a strike,no 3 strikes law I am aware of requires separate incidents. Indiana has a habitual criminal law,and it is very different than most 3 strike laws in that it does require separate incidents. I fully agree with that law especially after the updates to felony categories.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Not true. It has happened to quite a few.
    Many were and are drug related things of course,but not nearly all and less and less are for those types of crimes as drug laws have been greatly relaxed from felonies.
    Plenty are still in jail for 3 felonies from one incident(or 2 in Florida as it has a 2 strike law).

1-2.
    Knowingly hired an illegal alien even if the business you hired them for is not yours and paying them in cash(felony count of conspiracy to defraud the United States) and did so while having a firearm legally in your possession(1st and 2nd felony,having a firearm almost always adds an additional felony automatically if you are convicted of any other felony).
    Police/feds wait to arrest you until you are in a post office parking lot. 3rd felony(firearm on post office property).
    In Florida you just went to jail for life from just 2 of those,without the possibility of parole. They already have over 13,600 lifetime without parole inmates in Florida only 45% are for violent offenses. In a state with a 3 strikes law you also went to jail forever without the possibility of parole.

Remember which political party controls most 3 letter agencies,and many prosecutors offices.

It really is tough to sort out what should end up involving life in prison forever with no possibility of ever being let out,and saying a number of x type of crime is in no way ideal. Violent felons should for sure,but even using the word violent has become a political issue to the left. As in you are committing a violent act for carrying a firearm according to them.

The legal system is a mess. It is not working correctly,and I believe it is intentional. 3 strike laws will not solve it.

I have never had any felony,nor will I ever have one. I am careful and always aware of my actions to an obscene level,because I do not/did not ever want to have one and lose any of my "rights". It requires vigilance and awareness of changes in the law as well. For example parking on a public street and walking to the post office rather than using their parking lot,which I do.

The current way laws work rarely stops criminals,but can make a non criminal person one easily.
    We live in Indiana, not Florida.

Top Bottom