Noblesville

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I mean. If society is talking about restricting rights of crazy people, why not restrict a different right. Don't let them have kids.

I'm joking of course. We would never want to give the government permission to develop a mechanism to selectively breed people.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Isn't that how you would react if the police were searching your house? :rofl:
    I never realized that showing my boobs to the police would be a good tactic to get out of trouble. I'm gonna have to just tuck away that vital bit in case I ever need it.

INGO cops, be forewarned. You gonna get the man boobs in yo face if you pull me over.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    i can't really speculate on exactly why the spokesperson did'nt specifically name the firearm that was used but he could have done it to avoid the political aspect which is a good thing if that were the case.

I seriously doubt that. It's Illinois. They're going to make every political anti-gun point they can.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I seriously doubt that. It's Illinois. They're going to make every political anti-gun point they can.
    Well like I said. Not sure why the information officer didn't specifically mention the type of weapon that was used. If he were interested in making a political anti-gun point, he had the opportunity to do so but for whatever reason he didn't. No one really knows why, and it had a lot of people confused. They actually thought it was a Keltec sub 2000

As a matter of fact, there had been hardly a mention about the type of firearm by the police or prosecutors' office. So much so that others in this thread including myself hadn't seen it mentioned.

I was curious, so I googled it and found one article that I posted upthread where it was mentioned by a State Police spokesperson. and the DA at a hearing. That's where I found out. I had to go looking for it. Up until then it was only referred to as a "high powered rifle"

Last edited:

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Maybe someone is finally figuring out that if you mention names as well as the tool used more people will try and get that tool for their own nefarious acts.

Next time they should just say John Doe attacked someone with a slingshot and jelly beans.

You know, just as a test case.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well like I said. Not sure why the information officer didn't specifically mention the type of weapon that was used. If he were interested in making a political anti-gun point, he had the opportunity to do so but for whatever reason he didn't. No one really knows why, and it had a lot of people confused. They actually thought it was a Keltec sub 2000

As a matter of fact, there had been hardly a mention about the type of firearm by the police or prosecutors' office. So much so that others in this thread including myself hadn't seen it mentioned.

I was curious, so I googled it and found one article that I posted upthread where it was mentioned by a State Police spokesperson. and the DA at a hearing. That's where I found out. I had to go looking for it. Up until then it was only referred to as a "high powered rifle"
    Which I think is politically charged language in itself. It's not "high powered". I was one of those who was confused by officials neglecting to openly talk about the weapon used. I think if the reason they neglected to report it was to keep politics out of it, why'd they call it a "high powered rifle? Surely they know better.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    I mean. If society is talking about restricting rights of crazy people, why not restrict a different right. Don't let them have kids.
    That was already a Supreme Court case, I think. The right to have kids is an unenumerated right. But you know... those invisible ink rights matter more than the regular ink rights. To be fair, invisible ink is cooler.

Edit: I don't object to unenumerated rights like the right to have children or to marry. But for those two cases, there's a longstanding history of those being needed to maintain society.

Edit2: Note that people were willing to forbid marriage, sterilize, segregate all in the name of a better society.... Emphasizing the need for principles.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It is amazing how the answers reveal themselves.

Don't have kids with crazy chicks, you guys.
    Mixing the dad with a crazy chick and it's just not going to reproduce well. Not even the hot-crazy matrix would convince a crazy dude not to touch it.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    That was already a Supreme Court case, I think. The right to have kids is an unenumerated right. But you know... those invisible ink rights matter more than the regular ink rights. To be fair, invisible ink is cooler.

Edit: I don't object to unenumerated rights like the right to have children or to marry. But for those two cases, there's a longstanding history of those being needed to maintain society.

Edit2: Note that people were willing to forbid marriage, sterilize, segregate all in the name of a better society.... Emphasizing the need for principles.
    Except, they are all implicitly enumerated. Refer to the 9th and 10th amendments.

The BoR was never intended to create rights, but rather to constrain government from infringing upon pre-existing rights.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Which I think is politically charged language in itself. It's not "high powered". I was one of those who was confused by officials neglecting to openly talk about the weapon used. I think if the reason they neglected to report it was to keep politics out of it, why'd they call it a "high powered rifle? Surely they know better.
    The political anti-gun standard is identifying an AR as an "assault weapon" Typically most anti-gun proponents key in on that phrase associated with an AR because that particular rifle is targeted for a ban, and they would've made a point of identifying it as an AR right away.

We were talking about the one particular press conference that the information officer released in that he did not mention that it was a "high powered rifle' in that press conference. He didn't even say what kind of firearm it was. My point was if he wanted to make a political statement, he knew what specific type of rifle it was, and he could have said so.

Like I said. No one really knows why he chose not to identify the specific rifle that was used in that particular press conference. Either way for whatever reason it appeared to be intentional. I'm just pointing out that if he wanted to make a political statement at that time he had the opportunity to do so and he didn't.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom