Is this Obama chasing the hispanic vote or what?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    i think you need to get more facts, illegals do not qualify for government programs, nor get EIC in their taxes,yes, illegals pay the taxes with the ITIN #, they get the ss withheld even they know will never get ss when they retire.

you know how is keeping that money?

Illegals are convenience for the government, is why the issue never get resolved, the government can close the border, but they don't do it, ask yourself why

Try re reading some of the threads already on INGO about this.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    This is a TOTAL political setup by the Dems !

Just to be used as ammunition in the next few months in one form or another or the REPS will do jack about it and he will get away with it.

Eitherway he wins on the issue

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    i think you need to get more facts, illegals do not qualify for government programs, nor get EIC in their taxes,yes, illegals pay the taxes with the ITIN #, they get the ss withheld even they know will never get ss when they retire.

Illegals are convenience for the government, is why the issue never get resolved, the government can close the border, but they don't do it, ask yourself why

Be careful. Facts are not always relevant on INGO.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Not true. Plenty to complain about. Very few actually pay tax. Most defraud the tax system the welfare system etc. Costing hundreds of millions of dollars every year. Pay every few years to keep their permits? Yeah right.

It was in PURPLE TopDog as in "DO NOT TAKE SERIOUS". :rolleyes:

^This!

Plus for the anti-amnesty camp this is actually a very good idea. Here is why. OK Obama is saying he won't deport this set of people and will leave them alone for 2 years. But guess what if they all sign up 800,000 we now have a .gov database of all 800,000 and guess what else since all of these are young people 95% chances are good that the illegal parents will also be at the same address. BO never said anything about not sending the parents away. Plus say Rommey or someone else does make it to the office come JAN 2013 he can remove this order, use the database they registered and send both the kids + parents back in one fell swoop!

Heck come to think about it this is a big +1 for all you in that camp. As rambone would say these folks are willing to put the mark of the beast on themselves.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    Well whats the difference between obama doing it and reagan giving amnesty and yet our party puts reagan on par with God.

i hate obama with every fiber of my being but i'm so tired of the hypocrisy of my party calling attention to what everyone else does but yet has no solutions or will to change when they do the same crap.

thank you for your time

jake

csnoski

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm going to get blasted for this, but on the surface I agree with Obama here. Newt was right about this too. Now I don't know the details, and that's usually where I find myself in total disagreement. However in the overall principle, if conservatives start deciding to deport people who've lived here and thought they were legal citizens their entire lives solely on the fact that their parents never did the citizenship paperwork on them when they were infants (I have two friends that this happened to) then conservatives are going to find themselves on the wrong side of history on this issue. This is one thing were a reasonable bipartisan answer can be reached and should be.

I might agree with you a bit if you could explain the under age 30 reasoning. That had me scratching my head. I had lots of possible answers...young enough to be cannon fodder, folks tend to become more conservative as they get older, were the first 2.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Hello people! Everything is political in an election year. Heck, Romney's trying to show he's descended from Poncho Villa. This particular policy is not a big deal. Much bigger fish to fry.

On the contrary. It's the executive unilaterally calling to nullify federal law. It facilitates 800,000 plus violations of US law, and it mocks every single legal migrant who had to jump through hoops, pay money, and risk denial of permission to enter the country LEGALLY.

We're becoming a nation of two classes: the law-abiding, and those exempted on the basis of some inability to follow the rules. Just another group that is, or will become, dependent upon the largesse of the federal government, with the burden passed on to the poor dumb b*stards who obey the law and pay their taxes.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well whats the difference between obama doing it and reagan giving amnesty and yet our party puts reagan on par with God.

i hate obama with every fiber of my being but i'm so tired of the hypocrisy of my party calling attention to what everyone else does but yet has no solutions or will to change when they do the same crap.

thank you for your time

jake

It is human nature to have a bit of denial when dealing with your choices in life. Religion, politics and children. We all do it (some are nuts with it) and turning a blind eye is common. I am guilty as charged.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    On the contrary. It's the executive unilaterally calling to nullify federal law. It facilitates 800,000 plus violations of US law, and it mocks every single legal migrant who had to jump through hoops, pay money, and risk denial of permission to enter the country LEGALLY.

We're becoming a nation of two classes: the law-abiding, and those exempted on the basis of some inability to follow the rules. Just another group that is, or will become, dependent upon the largesse of the federal government, with the burden passed on to the poor dumb b*stards who obey the law and pay their taxes.
    Obama is in some hot water with Latinos for deporting more people than any previous president. As far as we can tell, deportations are still on the table. This is not amnesty. The policy simply places the "children" (who broke no laws themselves), on the back burner. It's little more than a logical law enforcement policy, which is the responsibility of the executive branch.

Liken it to the governor telling the state police to reduce speeding on I-465. ISP responds that so many people are exceeding the speed limit, they cannot cite everyone. Executive decision tell troopers to stop people who are 10 mph over. That gets the worst offenders and makes enforcement manageable. Selective enforcement is used by virtually every law enforcement agency in the world.

Romney's major objection to this is the "short term" aspect and says he'll support similar legislation. I agree legislation is the long term solution, but this particular executive decision shouldn't be cause for alarm. It is however a good opportunity to bash Obama, if that's one's motive.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    It's Bush's fault they were illegal........................
    Actually, there's some truth to this. W was not real keen on enforcing immigration laws.

This whole situation is not simple and cannot be laid upon any single administration. People have been slipping through the cracks for decades and we've turned a blind eye. Reagan thought he was doing the right thing with amnesty in 1986. I wasn't comfortable with that legislation, but realized something needed to be done. Had we subsequently done a better job of sealing the borders and enforcement, we may not be facing the issue again now.

There's also the free market perspective of allowing cheap labor, which many agricultural businesses depend upon, into the country.

Getting back to the OP, this is all about politics and a reluctance to upset Latino voters. The only real solution is comprehensive reform, which will reflect well on the sitting administration (whoever that is), so a divided Congress isn't going to address the issue.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    534200_314850438605570_832592588_n.jpg

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY

thank you for your time

jake

Regan had a bill go threw the senate and passed a law, the big 0 did cause he wanted to, kinda like a dictator

Regan did it in his second term, was not trying yo buy votes cause he did a pisspoor job of running the country

Was Regan perfect ? No

Was Regan a million miles ahead of the current administration ? Yes

That and Regan owned a Subaru so he could not have been all that bad :rockwoot:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    It was in PURPLE TopDog as in "DO NOT TAKE SERIOUS". :rolleyes:

^This!

Plus for the anti-amnesty camp this is actually a very good idea. Here is why. OK Obama is saying he won't deport this set of people and will leave them alone for 2 years. But guess what if they all sign up 800,000 we now have a .gov database of all 800,000 and guess what else since all of these are young people 95% chances are good that the illegal parents will also be at the same address. BO never said anything about not sending the parents away. Plus say Rommey or someone else does make it to the office come JAN 2013 he can remove this order, use the database they registered and send both the kids + parents back in one fell swoop!

Heck come to think about it this is a big +1 for all you in that camp. As rambone would say these folks are willing to put the mark of the beast on themselves.

You are right we are just on a internet forum. Illegal Alien Invasion is something I take very serious. I can only do so much vote etc. The government wont do anything about it except encourage and support the invasion. I need to step away from the keyboard. :cool:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Obama is in some hot water with Latinos for deporting more people than any previous president. As far as we can tell, deportations are still on the table. This is not amnesty. The policy simply places the "children" (who broke no laws themselves), on the back burner. It's little more than a logical law enforcement policy, which is the responsibility of the executive branch.

Liken it to the governor telling the state police to reduce speeding on I-465. ISP responds that so many people are exceeding the speed limit, they cannot cite everyone. Executive decision tell troopers to stop people who are 10 mph over. That gets the worst offenders and makes enforcement manageable. Selective enforcement is used by virtually every law enforcement agency in the world.

Romney's major objection to this is the "short term" aspect and says he'll support similar legislation. I agree legislation is the long term solution, but this particular executive decision shouldn't be cause for alarm. It is however a good opportunity to bash Obama, if that's one's motive.
    Sorry but I'm going through a legal immigration scenario for a law-abiding family member now. Who cannot set foot in America until every t is crossed and i dotted. It's time consuming, costs money, and results are not guaranteed. If they came here without a visa, I guarantee they would be gone, and barred from entering for life.

I see no reason to rationalize this crap (oh, it's just a matter of discretion) and cut Obama any slack. If Romney were president (which he isn't yet) I would say the very same thing, apologies this does not fit your response. I don't give a rat's ass who 'started' the whole thing. That doesn't excuse Obama jumping on the bandwagon and milking it for votes. Or Romney for that matter.

LET THEM OBEY THE DAMN LAW. It used to be the American way. Deport the whole family, let them apply for immigration like folks from every other place around the world. :patriot:

They are not citizens. They are not ENTITLED to be here. Goodbye.

Top Bottom