• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Got the same email. Tough call on their part but I can understand prioritizing larger orders. Not that I am happy with it. The youtuber Yankee Stacking posted a couple videos of a tour of the SD Bullion facility. Really interesting. It shows how orders are processed and their storage of inventory.

I placed an order with Monument on 3/20 and received shipping notice 3/29. About normal, maybe a day or two longer.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I also got the email, but have a few fallback positions - Silvergoldbull, Liberty Coin, and Monument. Plus there's always the LCS, but they are currently showing $5 over spot for 1 oz. silver.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    With all the suppressed news of other nations going away from the US Dollar I'm a little shocked that there hasn't been an absolute run on all precious metals.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    From a strictly observer standpoint it looks like to me, there is a lot of room for upward movement for silver. Gold doesn’t seem to be falling far enough to get back to a more traditional 80:1. Meaning that 5 buck premium may not be a bad deal. And like @spencer rifle said there is the LCS option, (a good place to look). If gold advances and holds at ~2000.00 silver will be a bargain at current levels. It has taken 2 weeks to get down to the current 83+:1 given the current economic situation you may want to consider some LCS phone calls. JMO and good luck.

PS: Don’t know what Silvertown premium is, might not hurt to give them a call. If you haven’t already. GL.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Got the same email. Tough call on their part but I can understand prioritizing larger orders. Not that I am happy with it. The youtuber Yankee Stacking posted a couple videos of a tour of the SD Bullion facility. Really interesting. It shows how orders are processed and their storage of inventory.

I placed an order with Monument on 3/20 and received shipping notice 3/29. About normal, maybe a day or two longer.
    Those larger orders you both speak of are most likely not investors but industrial users. If so those guys buy in 10’s of thousands of ounces to buy the metal they need for there industrial needs, Solar and electrical. They see this as a time to stockpile for future needs so they don’t have to pay higher cost in the future, which would make there products more expensive to the end user. Making them less attractive against their competitors. Just my thoughts.

Reactions: Leo

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Those larger orders you both speak of are most likely not investors but industrial users. If so those guys buy in 10’s of thousands of ounces to buy the metal they need for there industrial needs, Solar and electrical. They see this as a time to stockpile for future needs so they don’t have to pay higher cost in the future, which would make there products more expensive to the end user. Making them less attractive against their competitors. Just my thoughts.
    Fair point but I would think industrial users are ordering directly from Comex, buying 1,000 oz bars by the pallet.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Fair point but I would think industrial users are ordering directly from Comex, buying 1,000 oz bars by the pallet.
    OK, makes sense. :thumbsup:

Does Comex or CME sell (metal ) to businesses? Just curious. I thought they were primarily a paper silver out-fit. I’m probably mistaken, I’ve only had experience with my local broker.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    OK, makes sense. :thumbsup:

Does Comex or CME sell (metal ) to businesses? Just curious. I thought they were primarily a paper silver out-fit. I’m probably mistaken, I’ve only had experience with my local broker.
    I may not be correct re comex vs true wholesaler. It aces like Silvertown,Sunshine, etc buy bulk 1,000 Oz bars to produce rounds and smaller bars. At least that's my understanding.

Last edited:

Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks
    My SD order from the 8th with a cleared check on the 13th is still not shipped…..it’s not by any means a small order either….never seen this kind of a delay From them…in stock items to clarify.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Just curious, what is a fair price for pre '64 quarters? Pawn shop close has 4 for $21.00
    Check coinflation pre 64 quarters have 4.33 dollars worth of metals in them. So 4x4.33= ? You do the math and decide if it’s worth it to you. Best I can do. Good luck whatever you decide.

PS. How would you be situated if you had kept all your pre 64 quarters, dimes, half dollars, and silver dollars when they were in circulation? Just a thought.

And keep all the wheat or copper pennies you can find now. GL

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Anyone have suggestions or experience selling silver that would typically have a significant premium? Granted, premiums are up all over but in the last several years I picked up a few tubes & partial tubes of British 2oz Queen's Beasts, Valiants, and Little John coins as well as some East Caribbean Central Bank (ECCB) Dominica Nature Isle coins. All are sovereign and current prices where available are well above comparable coins. I have not tried the local LGS yet as I would not expect to receive much if anything over spot.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Top Bottom