• Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Dollar down ~.85, course is oil up.

Getting closer to that 80:1 I knew there was room for improvement. Silver had to go up a bunch or gold had to drop a crazy amount.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    AG, futures market looks good for holders of physical. Don’t care bout paper players.
    I think they both have their place. Physical to buy and hold but around here it would be vary hard to buy and sell physical and make anything but with paper it is easy.
    The main local shop here gouges both ways on metals.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I think they both have their place. Physical to buy and hold but around here it would be vary hard to buy and sell physical and make anything but with paper it is easy.
    The main local shop here gouges both ways on metals.
    100% agreed, anybody that knows me or has asked my opinion knows I always advise that metal is for multi generational holding. If you want to invest, there are much better vehicles. Physical is for long term storage of wealth.:)

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Anyone else noticed that the available "in stock" amount of silver seems to be greatly reduced. Used to be the whole website was available and now on monument and apmex it looks like most everything is out of stock.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Anyone else noticed that the available "in stock" amount of silver seems to be greatly reduced. Used to be the whole website was available and now on monument and apmex it looks like most everything is out of stock.
    Premiums have gone up too. Oddly, Monument has type 1 Britannias on sale for about the same as rounds. Less than Philharmonics too which are usually the lowest tier 1 sovereign coin.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I think more and more of the silver out there is getting bought up with all the talk of the rest of the world going away from the US dollar.

Reactions: Leo

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    What is this 80 to 1 ratio that people keep referring to?
    It's mainly used by people that trade metals (as opposed to buying them outright). 80 to 1 is considered a good ratio to trade silver for gold (you can get 1 oz. of gold for 80 oz. silver). When it gets higher, like say, 88 to 1, then it might make more sense to trade gold for silver. That's my very amateurish explanation. Some of the more experienced guys may be able to explain it better.

Top Bottom