Indiana State Police Targeting Indianapolis Street Racing Events, Dozens Arrested

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Once that rubber washes off, I'm pretty sure those strip will be there. Take the painted lines on a race track. That paint in my places gets some serious abuse and still is there. You cant compare nascar because those guys are anal about everything looking perfect for tv.
    Different paint. You think sone store lot is going to pay for expensive paint to do an entire lot? Nope. And when that lot craters up from the abuse you’ll be bitching the owners won’t maintain the parking lot.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    A American Graffiti drag race out in the middle of nowhere on airport road is much different than these things. When they move from place to place they race down city streets 100 cars deep going 80 90 100 MPH.
    Usually past my house at 1AM. As cool as old school street racing may seem this is something way different. And it has nothing to do with race. Someone will be killed soon. Prolly a innocent.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    By the way those looking for a good street racing movie should watch 2 lane blacktop. James Taylor Dennis Wilson from the beach Boys and Warren Oats.
    Racing around for money in a primer grey 55 Chevy. One of my favorites

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    By the way those looking for a good street racing movie should watch 2 lane blacktop. James Taylor Dennis Wilson from the beach Boys and Warren Oats.
    Racing around for money in a primer grey 55 Chevy. One of my favorites
    Not sure if you're aware, but there is a documentary on the making of that movie also. I have not watched it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah, apparently he thinks that black stuff is sidewalk chalk that will simply wash away in the next heavy rain.
    Proof that burnouts dont just wash away on their own.

iu

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    With these NEGATIVE comments i am getting for my earliest comment....
    I guarantee that everyone of you did burnouts of sorts when either you got your license and were with friends or showing off AND it was on public roads or private property of a parking lots. If you say you didn't, then ..(you fill in the blank)
    Nope.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I guarantee that everyone of you did burnouts of sorts when either you got your license and were with friends or showing off AND it was on public roads or private property of a parking lots. If you say you didn't, then ..(you fill in the blank)
    dirt.gif

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Yes, ask me how I know bleach will help make cars spin tires like drag racers. That will ruin a nice new pair of Levi's quickly.

The old south side of Indy on Madison was a hotspot. So was the downtown strip of new castle indiana.
    Most nights it was just a parade of clean muscle cars Cruz ing for chicks on a summer night. Other nights it was wilder like when the drag racers were out at the Lucas oil dragway.

The only thing we did not do was the spinning doughnuts and trying to touch the spinning cars. Maybe we had a few more IQ points than that or we did not have enough beer.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I spend time in St Louis. Street racing there got to the point the city put concrete barricades in certain streets to serve as chicanes.

It does wonder for traffic flow....NOT!

Last time I was driving through there I thought "this would be an awesome place to run a 250 shifter kart!"

Judamonster

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    When I was a kid, 2500# cars had 305 engines pushing 140 horses. I couldn't drift until it got icy. When it was icy. My Delta 88 could be seen all over the county blazing through crocery store parking lots sideways. I am kinda jealous of these guys. Also glad I don't own a vacant lot. Seems like a pointless thing to argue about.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Top Bottom