Indiana State Police Targeting Indianapolis Street Racing Events, Dozens Arrested

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Once that rubber washes off, I'm pretty sure those strip will be there. Take the painted lines on a race track. That paint in my places gets some serious abuse and still is there. You cant compare nascar because those guys are anal about everything looking perfect for tv.
    Wearing off takes a LONG time. In the mean time, the parking lot looks like crap with various lines covered over. None of which was the fault of the property owners.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    It's not valid to compare donuts in a parking lot to yard jobs.

I would bet the main reason the store owner wants it stopped is because he knows with a certainty that if someone get seriously injured or killed while doing it on his property, he would be sued for millions of dollars. It's easier to just avoid that headache.

I did a yard job when I was a teenager. 4x4 in low with off road tires can wreak havoc on a lawn.

Afterwards, I felt bad for the guy that owned the lawn. It wasn't really his fault his daughter was such a *****.

I did get to learn quite a bit about landscaping that year. *****'s dad was a great guy. His piece of advice, "If I were you I would stay the hell away from that girl..I love her because she's my daughter, but she is nothing but trouble".

Years have gone by...it's clear he knew his daughter well!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No, i said eventually and you said with 1 good rain. Huge difference
    that stuff doesnt come off "eventually". Its got to be scrubbed or power washed. Or painted over.

Regardless, its still property damage. Its not as harmless as you seem to think it is.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    With these NEGATIVE comments i am getting for my earliest comment....
    I guarantee that everyone of you did burnouts of sorts when either you got your license and were with friends or showing off AND it was on public roads or private property of a parking lots. If you say you didn't, then ..(you fill in the blank)
    82 hp fwd ford tempo that would pop a passenger axle if you thought about a clutch dump. Moved on to an 89 9c1. Ask any of our…. “Experienced” officers how many burnouts that 4000lb 195hp car with lsd would do. Handled well for sure. Stopped on a dime. Was not a racecar.

I did do a smoky burnout in front of my own house in the middle of bfe and lit the road on fire from an open diff pickup. The. I went out, put the fire out and scooped the road back into place. The 3 hours I spent cleaning rubber off the tailpipe and bed side was enough for me.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    al-run-over.gif

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I know if I lived in the 34th Street and Lafayette Road area I wouldn't want to be get woken up to this ****. Then again, I'm sure this activity takes place early so they can get ready to go to work the following day.

Police said these events are held without proper permits, and once the cars leave the events, they are likely to race one another on the streets.

"People getting hit, people falling out of cars, cars crashing into each other, and that's just what's happening in these parking lots," Perrine said.

But that's not typically where these gatherings end.

"You have all of these fast cars in one location. It leads to illegal street racing," Perrine said. "Then, we're seeing those high-speed crashes that are affecting other families and other members of the community."

Top Bottom