Indiana State Police Targeting Indianapolis Street Racing Events, Dozens Arrested

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So laying down rubber is some very bad destruction..hmmmà.. so then all the semis and any other vehicle that lock up the brakes and leave rubber tracks everywhere is super bad too and should be arrested. I have never seen any city grant permission to any group to street race or burn rubber. Why, because they'll say thats what a drag strip is for. Can it be dangerous, well yea, but thing are alway taken far beyond context of what really goes on.
    Apples and oranges. So you are trying to equate skid marks on the highway to this? Gimme a break.

So you wont mind me burning rubber/doing donuts on your lawn/drive, right? Pm me your address and I'll be right over since its all harmless fun. Just like the two idiots did some harmless fun giving my church yard jobs. Its not harmless and I have the receipts and volunteer hours to prove it.

Yes, it CAN be harmless fun. When its sanctioned. But if not? In this case, That company is out money to have the lot re-striped.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Apples and oranges. So you are trying to equate skid marks on the highway to this? Gimme a break.

So you wont mind me burning rubber/doing donuts on your lawn/drive, right? Pm me your address and I'll be right over since its all harmless fun. Just like the two idiots did some harmless fun giving my church yard jobs. Its not harmless and I have the receipts and volunteer hours to prove it.

Yes, it CAN be harmless fun. When its sanctioned. But if not? In this case, That company is out money to have the lot re-striped.

It's not valid to compare donuts in a parking lot to yard jobs.

I would bet the main reason the store owner wants it stopped is because he knows with a certainty that if someone get seriously injured or killed while doing it on his property, he would be sued for millions of dollars. It's easier to just avoid that headache.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

I would bet the main reason the store owner wants it stopped is because he knows with a certainty that if someone get seriously injured or killed while doing it on his property, he would be sued for millions of dollars. It's easier to just avoid that headache.
    No, it is. Both damage the surface and require repair. Just different kinds.

In my case, I had to bring in topsoil, seed, and straw. In the story, the parking lot owner needs to pay someone to come and repaint the stripes on the lot. Both cost money.

Read the story and look at the photos. Their striping is toast. Its covered with rubber. (or scrubbed) It's gotta be repainted. (just like I had to fill and re-seed)

mark40sw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2015
    Roanoke
    So laying down rubber is some very bad destruction..hmmmà.. so then all the semis and any other vehicle that lock up the brakes and leave rubber tracks everywhere is super bad too and should be arrested. I have never seen any city grant permission to any group to street race or burn rubber. Why, because they'll say thats what a drag strip is for. Can it be dangerous, well yea, but thing are alway taken far beyond context of what really goes on.

Unruly mobs overtaking private property or public roads and intersections. Harmless fun?
    Unruly antifa leftist overtaking sections of cities. Harmless fun?

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI

Pavement and yard/grass are 2 way different things. Doing a burnout on pavement only leaves rubber that eventually washes away. i don't know why you even brought up doing it in someone's yard since it has nothing to .do with this conversation.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Unruly mobs overtaking private property or public roads and intersections. Harmless fun?
    Unruly antifa leftist overtaking sections of cities. Harmless fun?

That case there was already a stupidfest before people decided to look like they were cool in their cars.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI

Exactly right, no comparison.. i would think that liability plays a big factor as you said because that's the reason always given from police or city officials..always.

mark40sw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2015
    Roanoke
    Pavement and yard/grass are 2 way different things. Doing a burnout on pavement only leaves rubber that eventually washes away. i don't know why you even brought up doing it in someone's yard since it has nothing to .do with this conversation.

Please post your address so anyone can use your driveway how they please at all hours of the day. They will try to stay off the grass,

Private property owners have a right to not have this crap happen on their property. Cordoning public areas and reckless driving is illegal,

Sounds like you are convinced of your arguments. Good luck sitting in a courtroom telling the judge/jury how everyone should see your views after you get arrested for your harmless fun.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Did you even look at the pictures in the OP? Newly painted parking spaces are gone or ruined. That is actual monetary damage.

You say too bad for him though. It's all just in fun.
    1678539269171.png

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Please post your address so anyone can use your driveway how they please at all hours of the day. They will try to stay off the grass,

Private property owners have a right to not have this crap happen on their property. Cordoning public areas and reckless driving is illegal,

Sounds like you are convinced of your arguments. Good luck sitting in a courtroom telling the judge/jury how everyone should see your views after you get arrested for your harmless fun.
    I never said it was right, so don't PUT words in my mouth!

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Doesn't matter. They are doing it on SOMEONE ELSES property without permission.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    With these NEGATIVE comments i am getting for my earliest comment....
    I guarantee that everyone of you did burnouts of sorts when either you got your license and were with friends or showing off AND it was on public roads or private property of a parking lots. If you say you didn't, then ..(you fill in the blank)

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    So what are you telling me for?? I didn't waste the $600 in tires.
    I don't know you, maybe you were. No, the point is that the discussion was going back and forth about what is property damage and what wasn't. Overlooking the fact they are trespassing in the first place.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    With these NEGATIVE comments i am getting for my earliest comment....
    I guarantee that everyone of you did burnouts of sorts when either you got your license and were with friends or showing off AND it was on public roads or private property of a parking lots. If you say you didn't, then ..(you fill in the blank)
    Spinning and a burnout are not the same thing. They start off the same but spinning takes it too a new degree.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I don't know you, maybe you were. No, the point is that the discussion was going back and forth about what is property damage and what wasn't. Overlooking the fact they are trespassing in the first place.
    Once that rubber washes off, I'm pretty sure those strip will be there. Take the painted lines on a race track. That paint in my places gets some serious abuse and still is there. You cant compare nascar because those guys are anal about everything looking perfect for tv.

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    Private parking lots and front lawns are both private property that get torn up by young dudes in cars that don't have permission to be there and destroy property that isn't theirs. Even farmers fields will get you chased, yelled at, shot at etc. At the end of the day it's a blatant disregard for someone else's hard work and money by a bunch of people with a strong lack of respect because they haven't yet poured sweat equity into something of value and then had it stolen, damaged by others, etc.

Top Bottom