If you ever move out of Indiana, where would you go?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    Minnesota (where I grew up - probably northern half of the state instead of Twin Cities area, though) or eastern/central South Dakota (where my mom's family is from).

Of course, as a libertarian I've been told by some on INGO that Somalia would be a good place to go, too ;).

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I made Lars move to Austin, TX. I'm happy here, but he hates the heat. Unlike the rest of TX, it does actually get a little humid here, but it's still nothing like what we got back home. However... NO SNOW! No state income taxes! There's a bill in state congress about allowing an open carry choice, and a few others made it to the special session, too. The hours for CHL training just got reduced (takes effect in Sept I think).

Austin is kind of "special" the way Lake County is "special" in Indy. Get out to the 'burbs though, and it's more like "stereotypical" Texas. :)

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    No snow, no taxes... Texas it is for me. I spent an hour in Houston, and holy crap the humidity was bad. But Alaska has WAY MORE snow.

ParaManAR15

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    I'd go back to Texas, outside the DFW metroplex area where my family is close enough but still a few hours away. Plenty of land for me to hunt on (with a rifle), numerous lakes, the CCW laws are starting to get better, no state taxes, gas prices are much lower, and cost of living is good.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Water

Well one criteria for me would be a plentiful supply of fresh water. Look at the recent droughts when deciding where not to move to. I also have no desire to endure harsh winters.

Kentucky is near the top of the list as that is where my wife's family is from. Fiscally Indiana has a lot going for it right now.

mayor al

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    Floyd/Harrison Count
    We have lived a couple of years or more in each of the following States...CA, MASS, NY-upstate, NJ, IN, KY, ID, then back to SoCal untill I retired and we came BACK to Indiana.

Our second choice for retirement living After Indiana, was Southern Utah. Over the years we spent a lot of time in the St George area and like it there very much. However, Health reasons for me take a move out of So Indiana out of the picture now. The Medical services available in Louisville and Indy are great...and frankly I need them more than I thought I would. Many other areas would not have these services available...so we are staying here.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I may be boring but I have no intentions of ever moving out of Indiana. Traveling yes, moving out of the town I currently live in yes. But Indiana is and will always be my home.

MJ06IU

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Indy
    I may be boring but I have no intentions of ever moving out of Indiana. Traveling yes, moving out of the town I currently live in yes. But Indiana is and will always be my home.

i wish it were that simple for me too, but I may not have a choice. If I could pick anywhere I'd move to San Diego, TX. All the benefits of San Diego's weather and the Pacific without the Californians. BTW, I was born and spent much of my childhood in LA and I love Indy too. Other options for me are NC, GA, & TN.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I was born and spent much of my childhood in LA.

I've been to Santa Maria. Not really close to LA but It was a very beautiful town and the people didn't seem to be that kooky. But it was still CA and I could never live in that state.

If I was FORCED to pick another state to live in. Of all the places I have been to I would pick Wyoming.

MJ06IU

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Indy
    I've been to Santa Maria. Not really close to LA but It was a very beautiful town and the people didn't seem to be that kooky. But it was still CA and I could never live in that state.

If I was FORCED to pick another state to live in. Of all the places I have been to I would pick Wyoming.

Don't let the smooth taste fool you! Los Angeles has great peeps, like everywhere else, but they're like having Cook County for a State. Ha-Ha!!

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    If I were to move elsewhere I would like to go to Eastern Kentucky or Tenn., western N. Carolina, NE Georgia (all have mountains), Florida, Texas or Arizona (Phoenix). Have been to each of them and spent time in each. I've been fortunate to visit about 18 other states and these are the ones that I have found that I like the most. So far. But I prefer places that have either mountains or the ocean. I also like Holland Michigan. Nice little city and not far from Lake Michigan.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Wyoming, Montana or South Dakota. I love the wide open spaces and mountains.

I agree. My favorite new place is Sheridan, Wyoming. Low crime. A rodeo. Close to the Bighorn National Forest.

First time I drove through town, I saw an old bar on the corner with a neon sign in the window that said "Welcome Stranger". Any town with a bar with that kind of sign has got to be a good one.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    Northern Michigan. Land is inexpensive and plentiful. Good hunting and fishing. Boating, canoeing, kyaking, snowmobiling. A much more relaxed pace than where I am now. Wherever I end up, I still want to have 4 distinct seasons.

Top Bottom