If you ever move out of Indiana, where would you go?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    I have lived in Brazil South America, and Chicago ILL, I have worked in 22 states. After seeing all of that I am always happiest when I am back home in Indiana, I have no desire to move anywhere else.

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    South Dakota for me as well. I lived there for school last year and will continue to do so for the next two school years.

No state income tax, comparable (if not better than) gun laws, a relatively low cost of living, extraordinary hunting and fishing opportunities (way more public ground than IN), the people are great (as a general rule), land is cheap, and depending on what part of the state, the weather is comparable to Northern IN.

The only thing that makes me want to stay in IN ater school is employment. Staying in SD after school would mean more work for less money in my field, also I have a significant number of connections in my field in Elkhart County.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    For me, there has to be mountains! First choice would probably be Utah, second Colorado.
    I LOVE to ski, and would love to get in to some serious climbing.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Probably North Carolina.
    Good firearms laws, and getting better.
    Good Climate. Everything from mountains to the Atlantic Ocean.
    Cost of living is less than Northern Indiana. (Gas in the Tourist areas is $3.36 vs $4.00 here.)
    Food, housing, utilities prices are the same.
    People are the same. (They don't say "Ya All" as much as they used to.) :)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Oklahoma. Back home with family and friends and good people (at least it's a familiar brand of crazy). Bonus: the storms usually weed out all the sheeple, they cant take the stress.

Sounds like we need more storms here in northern VA.

As much as i loved growing up in Washington i dont think i could move back there, but oh was it beautiful country! I'd have to find a northern type state with decent gun laws if i were to move, i'd rather be cold than hot :D can't stand this VA humidity but we do have jobs here and great gun laws!

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    My short list (and where I am looking over job opportunities for when I finish school/retraining) is:

TX (specifically East TX)
    NC
    VA
    MT maybe.... Gorgeous scenery and good people, but dunno about 8 months of winter every year!

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Savannah, Georgia. It's just my kind of place. I've been a few times and I love it, and so does my fiancee. I'm pretty happy with where I'm at now, but someday down the road I'd like to move there.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Carolinas. Been to Montona a few times, beautiful place but I'm at the point in my life where I don't care if I never see snow again....so that let's out Montana. Belize would be great if it wasn't for all those Belizians living there...no thanks...it's hurricane central, politically unstable, and way too swampy and buggy.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I've moved away many times and I always find myself back here. Everyone I love is here. However, IF I did ever leave I would go back to east TN. I grew up on the side of a mountain with nothing around for miles. To this day I still remember my dad making sure he had enough gas in the car when he came home because the nearest gas station was about 7 miles out. I do miss that way of life, but home is here now.

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    I'm currently applying for jobs in Florida. The gun laws are tolerable, the weather is great, no state income tax, and I could SCUBA dive way more frequently.

I started to scroll down to post a reply, and ran into this one......sums it up my thoughts pretty well...except for the part about scuba diving more frequently. I would simply learn how.
    Other options: North Carolina, Tennessee, or Wyoming

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Kentucky would be my first choice, but my wife is completely opposed to that idea. The second choice would be Tennessee. Fairly mild weather, beautiful country, and decent gun laws.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom