If you ever move out of Indiana, where would you go?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    My list is rather lengthy. But with kids and granddaughter in IN my realistic list is shorter.

My "dream" list: WY, MT, ID, AZ, TX, TN, KY

My wife's list: IN

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    I am going to be retiring in about five years. I want to get the hell out of Lake county. We want somewhere rural, wooded, hilly but not high elevations, low cost of living and mild climate. We haven't started looking yet.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Somewhere where its warm in the winter. Probably Florida, or maybe Texas.
    Colorado is beautiful, but it snows, and is overrun with California liberals.
    I'd possibly consider Utah or Nevada as well.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I love the mountains, and cooler/cold winters with some snow. If I wanted to stay within a half days drive or so to Indy, it would be in the mountain areas of TN or NC. The entire Blue Ridge Parkway from Boone/Blowing Rock all the way to Cherokee is really nice. I only drove through the tri-cities area of E. Tenn., but hear they area isn't doing too well economy wise. Suburban Knoxville, TN or Asheville, NC would likely be the most likely location, since you get a decent sized metro population for jobs. Following this would be Chattanooga, TN. If I desired more moderate winters, I really liked NE Alabama for the mountains, especially around Anniston, AL. If I wanted very mild winters, I would likely look around NE Florida, around St. Augustine.

If distance from Indy wasn't an issue, I really liked the Flathead Valley area of NW Montana, the Black Hills of SD, and the Greater Yellowstone area. Alaska might be an option, but only after I visited first. Heading out to the SW (Utah, Nevada) soon, so that area might be an option as well. One thing I would like to try to focus on is living close to a popular tourist area. Given how things are going with the economy, I almost wonder if a better retirement investment would be to build/buy small one or two bedroom cabins/chalets and rent them out directly on-line. Plus, it would be a way to give family a cheaper way to come and visit from time to time.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Gave in and moved back to Texas 2 years ago. Was one of the best things I have done in long time. No state income tax, cheap land/gas, and enough conservatives that I feel my viewpoints being shared with the majority (not that I care what everyone else things, but the whole laws being voted in thing).

Plus I just like 100+ weather, and not seeing snow.

kbailey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Lafayette
    If I couldn't find someplace suitable in northern KY, I'd try central MO.

I grew up in Columbia and lived in MO for 22 years. Central Missouri is a really nice place in my opinion and if I had a choice I would move back there. The current governor is an Obama lackey and doesn't even pretend to hide it ... but the gun laws are pretty good. It's also a great place if you like trees, hills, and being able to walk out of your house and not see more than a few neighbors in the distance.

Icemancometh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    SUNNY SIDE OF THE RIVER
    We are thinking about moving to Indiana from Kentucky. The state pension system is in such bad shape here (Kentucky) that when it implodes, I fear it will be dumped in the laps of the taxpayers. We are currently in Louisville, the 2nd highest taxed city in the country.

Top Bottom