I Unreservedly Apologize. I was wrong. I must now eat crow for all whom I disagreed with.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    There are probably people out there who believe that Bubonic Plague was genetically engineered... Or that "Spanish flu" was genetically engineered...

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    There's no way I would watch that guy. He was repulsive the first time I saw his face, before I had any idea what his shtick was.

Time to go ride around and move much snow.
    :)

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Back in June, I listened to the full Joe Rogan podcast linked here

Listening to Mr Weinstein, and recognizing that he does have professional credentials to make the assessments and to form the opinions that he gives in the podcast, was a compelling argument that the Chi-Com virus was not simply a natural event.

While I do not pretend to know if the spread was maliciously manipulated, that hardly matters to the outcome.

If the Chinese had simply read Colonel Boyd, they may have looked upon this virus as simply a golden opportunity to get inside their adversaries ( us) OODA loop and wreak havoc. What better way to screw up a president's already difficult reelection than through an "existential viral threat" during the election cycle. Just takes a slightly dangerous virus, an excellent propaganda machine, and the hooks into the mainstream media and social media organizations to spread that message.

Observe Orient Decide Act. The chicoms observed what was happening in their own society and quickly recognized the ability to disorient the free world, and control the decision-making process. Really, at least potentially, a medal worthy exercise.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    And another mystery..

Flu Cases Remain Almost Non-Existent in the U.S. This Year​

By Jan Wesner Childs​

4 days ago​

https://weather.com/health/cold-flu/news/2021-01-13-flu-cases-coronavirus
    How that a mystery to anyone? :dunno:

Doctors and health experts say the large number of people who got flu vaccines leading into this year's flu season, combined with social distancing and other measures designed to help slow the spread of COVID-19, are likely contributors for the steep drop.

It's almost as if *gasp* the things we're doing to slow the spread are effective at limiting viral transmission, and that COVID-19 really is bad and isn't caused by a toad or small dwarf living inside your stomach.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    There are probably people out there who believe that Bubonic Plague was genetically engineered... Or that "Spanish flu" was genetically engineered...
    You know nature 'genetically engineers' things all the time, yes? Speaking of Bubonic Plague (yersinia pestis), science can trace its progenitor (yersinia pseudotuberculosis) back beyond 5000 years ago, where it was a disease in humans (ironically in China) that lacked the ability to spread easily and widely. Around 3500 years ago, that bacterium mutated to include key adaptations that allowed hosting in fleas, becoming yersinia pestis in the process, and allowing transmission and infection to take off

Humans have merely sped up the process and the breadth of the array of possible mutations resulting in gain of function, but the two processes don't really differ in significant ways

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    How that a mystery to anyone? :dunno:

It's almost as if *gasp* the things we're doing to slow the spread are effective at limiting viral transmission, and that COVID-19 really is bad and isn't caused by a toad or small dwarf living inside your stomach.
    You can't have it both ways. Either we're not doing enough submission and obeisance to 'the science' and that is why WuVid continues to spread (which should mean influenza would too) or else our sacrifices on the altar of 'the science' have been sufficient to stem the spread of influenza and thus should stem the spread of WuVid also

One cannot happen in the absence of the other given the theory you wish to support

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You can't have it both ways. Either we're not doing enough submission and obeisance to 'the science' and that is why WuVid continues to spread (which should mean influenza would too) or else our sacrifices on the altar of 'the science' have been sufficient to stem the spread of influenza and thus should stem the spread of WuVid also

One cannot happen in the absence of the other given the theory you wish to support
    Or they're two different types viruses... which they are.

mechmc17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Zionsville

If coronavirus is substantially more virulent/spreads better/has a higher r0 value compared to flu, however you want to say it, then practices that are reducing flu spread to near zero may not contain coronavirus.

An analogy would be wearing a mask that stops large wood chips but allows the tiny sawdust particles through. Wood chips in this example are flu.

And I am definitely not saying cloth or paper masks work for the pandemic, it should be obvious from the continuing spread across the country they do not.

mechmc17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Zionsville
    Actually the video I linked in the other thread (which has mysteriously been taken down) claimed that it was some of our own people who ignored the ban and continued the research both here and in cooperation with the lab in China.
    Yes, gain of function research on coronavirus was being done at Fort Detrick, MD up until gain of function research was banned and they were shut down, for good in 2017 I think. Then, NIH shifted the work and funding to Wuhan. Fauci very likely knew about this, he would have been part of the funding oversight - and given the highly controversial aspects of gain of function research, to the point where his organization was banned from doing it, the chances that he wasn’t aware about this research are near zero.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Yes, gain of function research on coronavirus was being done at Fort Detrick, MD up until gain of function research was banned and they were shut down, for good in 2017 I think. Then, NIH shifted the work and funding to Wuhan. Fauci very likely knew about this, he would have been part of the funding oversight - and given the highly controversial aspects of gain of function research, to the point where his organization was banned from doing it, the chances that he wasn’t aware about this research are near zero.
    Supposedly Obama banned it in 2014. Gotta wonder if any of this would have happened had that law not been violated.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    "UNRESTRICTED WARFARE:CHINA'S MASTER PLAN TO DESTROY AMERICA" by Colonel Qiao Liang and Colonel Wang Xiangsui,1999
    It's all in there.....................

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I watch Bill Maher. sometimes I cannot stand his guests and sometimes they are wonderful. Some of his views are solid and I agree, others not so much, such as life. He is WAY more libertarian than left wing but for many people, anything left of far right is unacceptable.

Top Bottom