• ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    At a funeral yesterday, I sat next to a friend I had not seen in a long time. During our conversation, he mentioned that his new interest is to get "one of everything" in terms of the Beretta 92 and it's relatives. The current offerings are very nice tools and they look cool.

His wallet will be in a world of hurt with all the new color combinations for the M9A3 series. 6 variations now I think.

exs2tua147c21.jpg

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Rhino, tell your friend that there are approximately 150 variations of the 92 series. I was documenting the different ones and gave up a year or so ago when the M9 became a chameleon, and Wilson and Langdon got involved. The number documented also do not include the different style frames (straight vs slant dust cover, and straight vs beveled backstrap) not to mention USA made in now two different factories and Italian imports. :D :D :D :D

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    His wallet will be in a world of hurt with all the new color combinations for the M9A3 series. 6 variations now I think.

Rhino, tell your friend that there are approximately 150 variations of the 92 series. I was documenting the different ones and gave up a year or so ago when the M9 became a chameleon, and Wilson and Langdon got involved. The number documented also do not include the different style frames (straight vs slant dust cover, and straight vs beveled backstrap) not to mention USA made in now two different factories and Italian imports.

I'm going to go onto a limb and choose to believe he won't be getting every conceivable combination!

SgtCarter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2019
    Bedord
    I carried the 92fs in the corps. Still got the holster and some mags for it, but no pistol. I'll probably pick up one someday just for S&Gs

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    Love my 92fs, my only complaint is there is no "long slide"/ target option to go with my extended and ported barrel.

Yes, I know about the compensator/muzzle brake option by Hec, I just want an actual long slide.

Did talk to several Gunsmiths and all said it would cost about $1k to build the slide, it's just not worth it to me.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Back in business! Was able to snag this 92L Compact a couple weekends ago. And I do like the balance and how this handles in the hand maybe a bit more than the railed compact I had before. New VZ grips installed and a 14# hammer spring from WC. If the laser target is any indication, and it usually doesn't lie, this should be good to go! If I'm ever feeling adventurous, this would be a neat one to convert to a "G" model.

y3Of9Z3.png
    [/URL][/IMG]

Now if I could get my hands on a 92G Elite LTT for a fair price... that model looks like a serious runner.

Last edited:

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    The grips are a nice clean look. What is a stock hammer spring wt on a 92L. I also have a 92 L compact and a 92FS full size that I need to choose between them and sell one, most likely the full size.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    The grips are a nice clean look. What is a stock hammer spring wt on a 92L. I also have a 92 L compact and a 92FS full size that I need to choose between them and sell one, most likely the full size.
    Not completely sure, but I think the stock hammer weight is 20#. The "D" spring is 16# and is a huge improvement over the stock spring. I took a chance and went with the 14# spring that according to comments on the WC site sets off all primers reliably, though for a bit of extra insurance the 16# "D" spring is the safer choice.

Last edited:

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    What springs are in the M9A3 from the factory? Same?

Using Tapatalk to annoy my INGO buddies cameramonkey & churchmouse. Hi!

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    What springs are in the M9A3 from the factory? Same?

Using Tapatalk to annoy my INGO buddies cameramonkey & churchmouse. Hi!
    Just did a quick search, and I'm pretty sure the M9A3 comes with the 16# "D" spring by default. You shouldn't need to swap that out at all IMO, I'd leave it alone.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Picked this up from Indy Gun Club a bit ago. Wilson Combat 92G with the Vertec grip mod. This one had the action tune and mag guide options installed, the action tune is phenomenal.

S9tY8yY.jpg

K6T58ko.jpg

WB2V5da.jpg

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Picked this up from Indy Gun Club a bit ago. Wilson Combat 92G with the Vertec grip mod. This one had the action tune and mag guide options installed, the action tune is phenomenal.
    WOW! Pretty sure I just peed a little. Really nice. I handled a few WC Berettas at the NRA show, and they were spectacular. Congratulations on a beautiful new piece!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    WOW! Pretty sure I just peed a little. Really nice. I handled a few WC Berettas at the NRA show, and they were spectacular. Congratulations on a beautiful new piece!

Thanks, it's a pretty nice pistol. With the shorter barrel/slide and the vertec style grip it really doesn't feel that bulky. It seems on par with a Colt Commander or G17 size pistol now. The only thing I may do to it in the future would be to get one of WC's single sided decocking levers.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

S9tY8yY.jpg

K6T58ko.jpg

WB2V5da.jpg

Here's a target from the other day with the Beretta using cheap Blazer 124 FMJ's, that's actually about 25rds in there.

Ido7XLr.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    This is the opposite of a "meat on the table" post about Beretta.
    I'm so ashamed. :dunno:
    I sold all my .22LR, .25 & .32 acp tip-up barrels that I enjoyed a couple of years ago.
    I had them in Taurus and Beretta, with sometimes a couple of each in a caliber.
    Since 9mm are so small now, I decided I didn't need them, especially the .22LR & .25 acp.

I bought a Beretta Tomcatt .32 acp off a member here yesterday simply b/c it was an INOX (which I never had), and it was new, never-fired (great profile!).
    There was another just like it with the same profile (guy bought it 2 weeks ago), but it was $50 more, and I would not have paid that anyway.
    I got this one b/c it met my usual "profile" of $100 - $150 less (20% - 30%) than new at Hoosier Armory (best local new gun prices and posted online).
    I thought I'd give it a shot, since I do like having a very small pocket gun (Ruger EC9s for that now with 7 & 9 rnd mags).
    The Tomcatt is only a 7 round. It has a safety, so I can put another in the barrel. (don't want one in the chamber w/o a safety in my pocket holster)
    It is a wide-body slide (addresses the slide cracking issue they had early on, but I never had a problem with mine, but not shot much anyway).

Took it apart and lubed it up and going to function-check it at the range tonight, hopefully (got 2 meetings this pm).
    I can't believe the price of .32 ammo: Walmart $25/box; 50 cents per round! :ugh: (9mm & .22LR have me spoiled)
    I was at the range over a year ago wanting to function check my last .32 Tomcatt I sold: they wanted $32/box!!!!
    Online, you can buy it for 17 cents - 22 cents all day long but you have to buy 1000 rounds!
    Not being a range gun, I just want a box or two.
    I sold 3 boxes of left over .32 acp, and holsters and extra mags (one with a pinky extension) when I let my last Tomcatt go (had a couple of them). :(
    Impulse buys: weekend fun! :scratch: All b/c I never had the INOX I wanted.
    I did use my fluorescent gun sight paint on the front sight: 1 coat white & 2 coats red, just for a few range rounds, not for practical application: strictly a point and shoot for personal protection.

2Q==
    Z
    9k=

Last edited:
    Top Bottom