• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jy951

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    Read owners manual. It fires without magazine. Retract slide to see if loaded. Don't aim at anything you don't want shot. Don't pull the trigger unless you want the gun to fire. The warning labels are stupid. Why some mfgs have then all over and some don't I don't understand. Other than that, nice looking gun.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I happened upon this pretty nice M9 at Highsmiths over the weekend, couldn't pass it up for 350.00. Box and extra magazines too.

MKzxv7s.jpg

Prowler28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I own several handguns and by far my M92FS is my best and my favorite... I even like it more than my P226 Mk. 25 and H&K Mk. 23. That's how much I like Beretta.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I haven't seen an M9 in any condition going for only $350!!! Congrats on a really great buy!!!

Highsmiths always seems to have a good revolving stock of used guns. Lately i've ended up with a like new H&R single bbl 20 gauge, a very nice Marlin 783 .22mag, 10/22 takedown among others.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Highsmiths always seems to have a good revolving stock of used guns. Lately i've ended up with a like new H&R single bbl 20 gauge, a very nice Marlin 783 .22mag, 10/22 takedown among others.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll look them up next time I'm in the area (read next Greenfield Gun Show at the fairgrounds.)

Viking Fires

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 11, 2017
    Clarksville
    The Beretta 84 is probably one of my favorite pistols; sleek, concealable, and reliable. Only knock against it is that its a 380, but at least you got 14 rounds! Just recently I bought a Beretta 92 Compact, I'm kind of on the fence about it. "Compact" is a very generous term. If Beretta made an 84 size pistol in 9mm, I would pay the $700-800 they would undoubtedly ask for it. I've played around with getting a 84FS and dressing it out like the Wilson Combat Beretta 92's

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Berettas 1 resized.JPG
    The Beretta on the left is a 92S that I just refinished. Need more range time on it, but am liking it alot. The one on the right is a Model 1934 in 380 auto. It has a lot of family history. My father was an MP in WWII and confiscated this pistol from a German Officer. It was manufactured in 1943 and Dad came home with it in 1945. Not my favorite shooter, but it does go to the range occasionally. It's very special to me because it is the first pistol I ever fired.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Here's one of my favorite handguns. This was issued to me in 1989, when ISP transitioned to semi-autos from revolvers:

IMG_3108,JPG
    IMG_3108.JPG
    IMG_3108.JPEG

Detail of the tiny, tiny ISP hat shield stamped on the side:

IMG_3109.JPEG

AdamP123

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 9, 2017
    West-Central
    Anyone else speak Beretta?

I had a Beretta 92FS for about two years. I put well over 3,000 rounds through it and I never had one, single malfunction. Honestly, I sold it because I was bored with it, but it was a great pistol. It was also very accurate, probably the most accurate pistol I've shot. I'll pick up another at some point.

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I have to admit that I also have a Taurus 92 AFS. It may count against me in some circles but if you get a chance to use one you will love it also. Equal to Beretta in all ways but superior in what they did with the safety.

They moved it back down off the slide and made it a 3 position.

Most people wouldn't think it's a big deal but old time 1911 carriers will like the "cocked and locked" option rather than the DA on first pull.

Equating Taurus' quality to Beretta's is a type of silliness that should have its own name...

Top Bottom