• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Can't say I'm a Beretta fanatic but I was issued an M9 back in the early '90s when I was a US Army M1A1 tanker. It was like carrying a brick in the shoulder holster but what a smooth shooter. Liked it so much I finally bought one for myself in 2016, still a smooth shooter.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Can't say I'm a Beretta fanatic but I was issued an M9 back in the early '90s when I was a US Army M1A1 tanker. It was like carrying a brick in the shoulder holster but what a smooth shooter. Liked it so much I finally bought one for myself in 2016, still a smooth shooter.

As I predate you by a couple of years, the 1911A1 I was issued wasn't much, if any, lighter.

As a LEO, I was issued a Beretta 92G in 1989. I bought it from the department when we turned them in, and I still have it today. Very easy and smooth to shoot.

I think the department wanted to go with the decocker only model because they were afraid some of the old timers who had years and years of revolver experience might accidentally leave the safety on. It was interesting to watch some of those guys when we did the transition from S&W Model 66s to the Beretta. And by "interesting," I mean both "interesting" and, sometimes, "scary." :)

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Here is my 1984 vintage 92F. I am shooting competition with it. So far, I like it better than shooting my G19's when it comes to competition. However, I just got done building my own FrakenGlock with ported barrel. I have yet to run live rounds through it. That might be nicer, but my old 92 has set a pretty high bar.

1yrwQ34.jpg

aporter

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 11, 2017
    Hamilton County
    I've been looking for the right deal to jump on the M9A3 bandwagon. I like beretta's and want to get a feel for what the M9A3 is all about.

I just picked up a M9A3 in black FS model for $775 before tax at Indiana Gun Club in Fishers thanks to the deal tip from a fellow INGO member.

Last edited:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I just picked up a M9A3 in black FS model for $775 before tax at Indiana Gun Club in Fishers thanks to the deal tip from a fellow INGO member.

That's the kind of deal that I'm talking about. I'm going to go FDE, and FS model, but trying to get the stars aligned between cash in pocket and finding the right deal haven't lined up yet.

beanhunter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    ELKHART
    Thanks for all the replies, I knew I couldn't be the only one! I have a 92FS Ghost, 92FS blue, 92 Compact blue, 21A Bobcat 22, 21A bobcat 25. They are all just so well built and Function great and are surprisingly accurate.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I'm a fan, love my M9A3 and after I saw 92 compacts on Buds yesterday for 429.00 may need to jump on one of those as well.

Man, after I read this I went to Bud's website and almost hit the button. A moment of hesitation later and I was looking up the Inox version. The price difference made me come to my senses pretty quickly. How can the Inox be nearly $300 more than the Brunniton version? Dang, I better go have another look. Thanks, now I have a nearly uncontrollable urge for an impulse buy.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Man, after I read this I went to Bud's website and almost hit the button. A moment of hesitation later and I was looking up the Inox version. The price difference made me come to my senses pretty quickly. How can the Inox be nearly $300 more than the Brunniton version? Dang, I better go have another look. Thanks, now I have a nearly uncontrollable urge for an impulse buy.

Don't wait, the 429.00 price went to 449.00 last I looked!

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    It's not as quality as all the "Good morning" , "I gotta go get groceries" , and the always quality "Good night" posts but give him time. Maybe he'll get educated by our talented wordsmiths who so graciously post the great quality content you're looking for. :rolleyes:

LMAO.

You forgot about the guys with 50K posts, 90% of which are, "Welcome to INGO!" :bacondance:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have very limited Beretta experience, but the M9A3 is looks like a very nice gun. I with the flat backstrap from the old Vertec-style 92, it looks like people with less than huge hands can handle it better than the older versions.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I have very limited Beretta experience, but the M9A3 is looks like a very nice gun. I with the flat backstrap from the old Vertec-style 92, it looks like people with less than huge hands can handle it better than the older versions.

Yes, the Vertec style grip makes a big difference to smaller hands. I believe Wilson makes a 'short reach' trigger too that will improve it even more.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Yes, the Vertec style grip makes a big difference to smaller hands. I believe Wilson makes a 'short reach' trigger too that will improve it even more.

Combine that Wilson Combat short reach trigger with the super thin Alumagrips....and even the old Bretta's are much nicer and slimmer.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The 92X is for everyone complaining about where the safety is, or must have a steel frame, or...

Yep, looking forward to adding one into my collection. Unfortunately knowing Beretta, late summer doesn't tell you which year!

Top Bottom