• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    20' 1st time gun has been shot: 16 head, 16 torso.
    The D/A 1st shot I did was nearly dead center with the other 3 D/A
    being almost as close as well: surprised me!
    The other S/A shots were more rapid fire, so it got a little sloppy.
    Very pleased with its function with 4 mags.
    marSDU2.jpg

Tomcatt's profile compared to my previous small pocket gun: Ruger EC9s.
    GEqCeb3.jpg
    t6iW1YX.jpg

15mrPpT.jpg

minuscule front sight painted red:
    gdkcJ1T.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Ordered Walnut grips last night and an extra magazine.
    Grips were a splurge just for my own enjoyment since noone will see them.
    I'll post a pic at home, but at work and don't have access to imgur.
    Tried using the "insert image" and I'm looking at it, but it will probably disappear or end up with gibberish.

walnut grips.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Got the walnut grips and put the right side on.
    The left side is an issue though, the manual safety keeps the OEM plastic grip from coming off, and evidently you have to take the safety off before you can get the grip off.
    There is a problem with a tiny spring that will go flying through the air, so I'm not going to tackle that tonight: must watch more vids.

I was at the range and put another 8 rounds into a torso target that I was using the bottom two rows for sighting in my Ruger 10/22, so just ignore those.
    I wrote 12 feet, but it was actually 20 feet. :dunno: I was tired, hungry and in a hurry: that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :laugh:
    pAjY2Ml.jpg

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Walnut grips came in today for the Beretta Tomcatt, and I put them on.
    Noone will ever see them, but I really enjoy them.
    I got my extra mag for it also.
    There is an issue getting the old grips off b/c the safety is in the way, but the gunsmith at Hoosier Armory told me a short cut where I didn't have to take the safety off (there is a tiny spring you have to watch out for, according to the vids online about it).
    YDRpXBT.jpg
    NoRN9mD.jpg

Another range pic on June 20th using D/A & S/A separate at the usual 20', with a D/A & S/A at 12'.
    fUMQduF.jpg

Last edited:

Gypsy31

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2014
    Newburgh
    458B8014-2836-4DCB-B1E5-42CF7506F5B7.jpg
    Berettas have been a part of my household for a very long time. Model 70S .380 was my mother’s. The 92L was my first pistol, gifted to me from my father who purchased it at the Indy gun show in 1995.

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    I only have one beretta, semi auto a390 st and I love it. Breaks the clays and drops the doves very nicely! Very smooth and reliable.

Last edited:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Today I picked up an M9A3. Pretty happy with how well it functioned and fired. The accuracy was there and I put 150rds through it without a hiccup. The only problem was that while casually tossing my empty onto a table it fell into a hole in it and got stuck down there. I couldnt get it out so next time at that range I'll bring some tools and hope to retrieve it. So, I'd planned to buy extra mags anyway, just 1 less. Now I've got to find a holster for it which hasn't been too easy so far. Otherwise, I'm very happy with the pistol.

Bigdog357

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 4, 2015
    Indiana
    Good quality thread - Kudos to the op :) Ignore the snarky post, some feel entitled on this forum

Yes, I speak Beretta, I have a 92FS that I have five sets of grips for, but I really need to order a set of those Wilson Combat Ultra Thins. I also have a couple Shotguns a ported A390 that I have put thousands of round through, love that gun. My other is a O/U 686 Onyx another fine shotgun

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Today I picked up an M9A3. Pretty happy with how well it functioned and fired. The accuracy was there and I put 150rds through it without a hiccup. The only problem was that while casually tossing my empty onto a table it fell into a hole in it and got stuck down there. I couldnt get it out so next time at that range I'll bring some tools and hope to retrieve it. So, I'd planned to buy extra mags anyway, just 1 less. Now I've got to find a holster for it which hasn't been too easy so far. Otherwise, I'm very happy with the pistol.

Many of the kydex holster makers list the M9A3 it shouldn't be too hard to find one you like.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

Don't feel bad.
    For months, I lost a magazine for a Sig 365 I had at the time, and finally found it under the bed, "hidden" between shoes. :wallbash:
    I bought it when the prices were $51.95, + shipping and noone had them locally. :dunno:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Don't feel bad.
    For months, I lost a magazine for a Sig 365 I had at the time, and finally found it under the bed, "hidden" between shoes. :wallbash:
    I bought it when the prices were $51.95, + shipping and noone had them locally. :dunno:

I was just trying to pound out rounds at the range and casually tossing the empty onto the table while grabbing for a full mag and then my heart just sank when I saw it drop into the hole. I couldn't believe it. It's a black M9a3, and the mags that came with it are a different finish than everything else I've been seeing out there so go figure.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I was just trying to pound out rounds at the range and casually tossing the empty onto the table while grabbing for a full mag and then my heart just sank when I saw it drop into the hole. I couldn't believe it. It's a black M9a3, and the mags that came with it are a different finish than everything else I've been seeing out there so go figure.

Was the table a re-purposed wooden cable spool? If so, you're probably going to find some interesting things in there.

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Anyone out there picked up one of the M1951's that are available from AIM Surplus and Classic? I've never handled one, but they look interesting. Anyone have own one or have experience with them?

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I was able to recover my mag with a magnet on a string. Have almost 500 rounds through the m9a3 now and I'm really liking it.

Top Bottom