Have any of you started stocking up on stuff for the up comming election?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jss1956

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Indiana the Armpit
    I love reading all the spending you are doing and all the gloom and doom. Most of the pack rats on this sight are over 55-years-old which means in another 20 years, I'll be attending all kinds of estate sales and garage sales buying ammo, guns and all sorts of goodies for pennies on the dollar from your estates. Brand new still in the package. What a deal.

A friend of mine just purchased such a collection. This old joker croaked and had 1.8 MILLION rounds of rifle ammo and a gun collection that would out do most of the gun shops in the US. It seems he was absolutely sure he would need this ammo "someday". Instead, he's looking down seeing someone else buy his hoard for pennies on the dollar and making a bundle.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I love reading all the spending you are doing and all the gloom and doom. Most of the pack rats on this sight are over 55-years-old which means in another 20 years, I'll be attending all kinds of estate sales and garage sales buying ammo, guns and all sorts of goodies for pennies on the dollar from your estates. Brand new still in the package. What a deal.

A friend of mine just purchased such a collection. This old joker croaked and had 1.8 MILLION rounds of rifle ammo and a gun collection that would out do most of the gun shops in the US. It seems he was absolutely sure he would need this ammo "someday". Instead, he's looking down seeing someone else buy his hoard for pennies on the dollar and making a bundle.

Nice sentiment. So glade you shared/gloated about this with the entire class.
    I have young men in line to get everything (what ever is left) when I pass................My money. I will spend it as I wish.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Remington 512 followed the same day by a Remington 870 12 ga. I was 8 years old at the time. Both guns were Dad's and they reside to this day in my safe. Soon to be the property of my son.

It seems to me that your fathers guns that will be handed down to your son are way more important to you than you think us "Old Jokers" guns mean to us.

You just made the do NOT EVER deal with list with me and I'm sure there are a lot more "Old Jokers" that feel the same.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

There are no guarantees of tomorrow.
    You have given me one more reason to live forever as I don't want you or your ilk to ever have your fingers on my gear. I'll adopt a deserving young person from INGO with a good rep and leave all of it to them.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

Very classy.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Nice sentiment. So glade you shared/gloated about this with the entire class.
    I have young men in line to get everything (what ever is left) when I pass................My money. I will spend it as I wish.

It seems to me that your fathers guns that will be handed down to your son are way more important to you than you think us "Old Jokers" guns mean to us.

You just made the do NOT EVER deal with list with me and I'm sure there are a lot more "Old Jokers" that feel the same.

You have given me one more reason to live forever as I don't want you or your ilk to ever have your fingers on my gear. I'll adopt a deserving young person from INGO with a good rep and leave all of it to them.

Very classy.

Ditto.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis

Wow. Dripping with disrespect.

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru

I'm not over 55 and it's not doom and gloom that drives me. The shortage of about everything over the last seven years have taught me a lesson. If I don't want to ration the things that make my hobby a reality, put back a little for when things get tight. I find it a bit morbid to wait for someone to die just so I can score. I've know a few youngsters whose lives were cut short early so don't think it couldn't happen to you.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

He made my list on many levels.
    Not that it means anything but yeah.........:(

If I ever hear my sons/SIL speak in this fashion they will get an ear full of me.

Feel this way if you wish but keep it to yourself please.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Not really into the end of the world stuff. I have a small amount of 9mm and .357magnum and I don't own a modern rifle. I have a 50 cal bp rifle. If the end is near I am screwed. If it is 10 years away I got time to stock up. Hope my way of thinking works for me, time will tell.

Everyone's collection started off small.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

You might make another twenty years, if you grow up. :) I'll stock up a little tiny bit more with you in mind. ;)

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish

Don't worry so much about it, you should look on the brighter side. Someday you'll be able to get out of that minimum wage job and start making enough money so you can shop at real gun stores and you won't have to rely on things like estate sales and flea markets for your guns and ammo.

If you keep your nose to the grindstone and stay positive, good things will happen in your life, and you won't be so jealous of others who have the things that you wish you could have.

xoregonian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Jay Co.
    Don't feed the trolls

Folks, please don't feed the trolls. When I have time, I come to the forums, because no matter how much I think I know, the group will know more. As repayment, I try to contribute when I can. When someone asks about stocking up, that means many things to many people. I don't buy ammo competitively. If you got a better deal than me, good for you. I buy what I think I need for the season for my wife and I to shoot whatever we want whenever we want. Am I buying right now? You betcha. Am I buying a little more than I normally would? Yes. At times it isn't so much price as it is availability. I don't want to be caught without ammo for a particular gun that I or my wife might want to shoot. My son is a vet too, what if he comes by and wants to go to the range? So to the OP: Am I buying more than I normally would? Yeah I guess I am. Is it because I think there might be shortages? Yes. I think there will be an ebb and flow. I don't think ammo manufacturers will stop making ammo so it will eventually be available, just at higher prices of course. Am I gonna buy 10k rounds of everything now? No. I'm going to buy targets, cleaning supplies, upgraded sights, Macallan 12 year, Montecristo White Label, and many other things that help me enjoy my freedom. If someone wants to buy 50k rounds of multiple flavors, their money their business. If someone can't afford 50 rounds of anything and wants to insult and gripe at as many people as possible, have at it. Ill be at the range with friends enjoying a smoke and adult beverage after a fun day of shooting. :cool:

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    If I plan to shoot 100 rounds, I try to buy 150-200 rounds. That is how I've been able to get a few ammo cans full, starting from scratch. Do it with each caliber and soon you'll have a shortage of ammo cans.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Dear uncle Harry,

I am fine. I hope this message finds you well. Let's go shooting sometime soon. Well, gotta go, have a long and happy life.

Your loving nephew Tom

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

A friend of mine just purchased such a collection. This old joker croaked and had 1.8 MILLION rounds of rifle ammo and a gun collection that would out do most of the gun shops in the US. It seems he was absolutely sure he would need this ammo "someday". Instead, he's looking down seeing someone else buy his hoard for pennies on the dollar and making a bundle (until the guy gets busted for dealing without an FFL...Then he is in prison getting gang raped and the old joker is sitting in Heaven laughing his ass off, which due to him not ever having gone to prison, is still virginal.)

FIFY

Jesus Loves you...Every one else thinks your an ________.

I may have crossed the line churchmouse...If so delete as you see fit...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom