Have any of you started stocking up on stuff for the up comming election?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Inventories were crushed between Black Friday and Christmas. Combine this with the San Bernardino terrorist attack and fear over "Obama's gun control executive orders" and you have a small to moderate panic buying frenzy when sales are already high due to the holidays.

Another month or two and this should pass; it is almost a certainty that manufacturers are increasing orders and inventories going into the 2016 General election - there will be buying leading up to it and arguably, regardless of outcome, buying following it.

To answer the base question...no. After the Great Shortages of 2013 I decided I would never be without a reasonable supply of "stuff" again and have been steadily buying as availability and funds have allowed.

Well put...

O'Shark

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Ladoga, IN
    I'd tell new handloaders that these days that we're in now could easily be looked back on as the good old days. I would also advise them to do a little math and calculate how much inventory they'll need to maintain their desired amount of shooting and reloading over the next 4 years and stock up. This herd/hoard phenomenon is based on emotion and if the election goes badly, the shelves will be as bare as a Kroger before a snowstorm. JMHO

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I've always been that way with pretty much anything nonperishable or preserved for long term. I remember buying boxes upon boxes of generic sudafed on clearance; it was like 5¢/box, so I bought all of it. That was before the legislatards got the idea they could slow down the tweaks by making you leave a wiener print to get a handful.

I like being able to predict things from the signs. It's not hard if you study things. I bought cases of various calibers back in October 2008, basically the week before the prices started taking off. I've replenished and supplemented at advantageous times since, and have always had plenty in the lean times. The next issue I'm studying ammunition-wise is the regulations OSHA are bruiting around. Lately I've been collecting some stock of some new-to-me calibers. .458 SOCOM :spend:

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Inventories were crushed between Black Friday and Christmas. Combine this with the San Bernardino terrorist attack and fear over "Obama's gun control executive orders" and you have a small to moderate panic buying frenzy when sales are already high due to the holidays.

Another month or two and this should pass; it is almost a certainty that manufacturers are increasing orders and inventories going into the 2016 General election - there will be buying leading up to it and arguably, regardless of outcome, buying following it.

To answer the base question...no. After the Great Shortages of 2013 I decided I would never be without a reasonable supply of "stuff" again and have been steadily buying as availability and funds have allowed.

Yup, Pretty much this ^^^^ Ive been buying a little ammo here an there ever since that happened 3 yrs ago as well as stashing a few stripped lowers back just in case. Only thing I really need to work on is getting a little extra in the way of reloading supplies. Other than that I started planning for it a year or so ago.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've been stocking up on ammo for a few years now. I recently built a 308 AR and am in the process of building a 5.56/223 AR. This after I swore I didn't want or need one. Not panicking, but figured I'd "get while the gettin's good".

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    I still remember the Clinton Assault Ban.... I didn't think much about it until I went to a gun show after the ban. Ram-Line 30 rnd magazines for a 10-22 were $90 a piece!!!!!! I remember paying $10 for the ones I had To this day, I keep a Glock 19, 10 rnd mag in my gun safe. It's right at eye level, so I see it every time I open the safe. It's 10 rnd single line holes remind me it can get worse, again.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I've been stocking up on ammo for a few years now. I recently built a 308 AR and am in the process of building a 5.56/223 AR. This after I swore I didn't want or need one. Not panicking, but figured I'd "get while the gettin's good".

Stocking up to a sensible level; but, not hoarding. Who knows what will happen with the idiots who are running for president!!!!

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    I haven't stopped since 2012, not going crazy but I about ran out of primers before they were readily available again. When there wasn't primers I bought gobs of powder so I would never be in that position again. If another Dem. gets elected all bets are off. .22 LR will probably go to a dollar a shot.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I keep a good stock of powder, primers, brass, and lead on hand. I have many thousands of lead cast bullets on hand that cost me 2.57 cents a piece (180gr .357 and .40 bullets). None of these market fluctuations have caught me paying out the nose for anything. I just stayed away from it all and laughed at the complaining from those who can't think out past their nose.

Top Bottom