Have any of you started stocking up on stuff for the up comming election?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I know a guy that is in my Industry that even tried to get me to go to work for them. It didn't work out for me because I didn't get a good feeling about it and my gut instinct said no.

I talked to the guy a few years later at a gun show in Elkhart and he told me that he has a friend that picks up deceased people for a funeral home. When the guy is there he will case the house for signs of a gun collection and then tell this guy. He will then go and buy or attempt to buy the collection from a newly widow at ridiculous prices.

I saw him at the 1500 in INDY during the last show of 2015. His prices are always way too high so that is another reason to steer clear of him. I wouldn't even consider buying them no matter what the cost though.

I have a great wife that understands my hobby with guns. She supports my decisions when I want to make a purchase even if she doesn't fully understand. That has allowed me to let her know exactly what I have paid for each and every gun, and what they are worth. I have documents with serial numbers, price paid, value and pictures of the guns.

I have close friends that would help her liquidate the what ever portion of the collection she wishes that is not promised to our children or grandchildren whenever the lord calls me home.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I know a guy that is in my Industry that even tried to get me to go to work for them. It didn't work out for me because I didn't get a good feeling about it and my gut instinct said no.

I talked to the guy a few years later at a gun show in Elkhart and he told me that he has a friend that picks up deceased people for a funeral home. When the guy is there he will case the house for signs of a gun collection and then tell this guy. He will then go and buy or attempt to buy the collection from a newly widow at ridiculous prices.

I saw him at the 1500 in INDY during the last show of 2015. His prices are always way too high so that is another reason to steer clear of him. I wouldn't even consider buying them no matter what the cost though.

I have a great wife that understands my hobby with guns. She supports my decisions when I want to make a purchase even if she doesn't fully understand. That has allowed me to let her know exactly what I have paid for each and every gun, and what they are worth. I have documents with serial numbers, price paid, value and pictures of the guns.

I have close friends that would help her liquidate the what ever portion of the collection she wishes that is not promised to our children or grandchildren whenever the lord calls me home.

My daughter has instructions on the good friend of mine (INGOer) who will take care of liquidating any accumulation of firearms related assets I leave. Also the % of commision to pay for the service. She is also instructed to deal with vultures aggressively.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    My answer to the original post, yes I'm buying a wide variety of things I'd like to own in advance of this next presidential election because I have zero faith in any of the politicians in the race to keep their word, or uphold the constitution.

I buy ammo because right now good quality brass cased 9mm is like $10 or less for a box of 50 rounds and I haven't seen those prices in years. I buy all the ammo I can in as many calibers as I can because I've lived long enough to see the price go up and down dramatically enough to know I'd better buy when the buying is good. For example, if you saw gasoline on sale for $0.80 per gallon I think you'd fill up the fuel tank, top off the gas can in the garage and possibly buy another gas can or two just to stock up on the bargain prices. I do the same thing with magazines, gun parts, scopes etc.

There doesn't have to be a lot of drama about buying when things are good. When 22lr gets back to $20 per 550rounds, I'll be stocking up then as well. I'm just not willing to pay too much to do it.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Thinned out the collection to purchase ammo, primers, bullets, powder when it is on sale. Picked up a spare AR15 lower. Already purchased extra high cap mags, in case there is a ban or restrictions like the 94-04 AWB.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Thanks to a useful tip from one of our members I was able to find 100 30-40 cases, thanks again Aaron.

Rocketscientist

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    Valparaiso
    I never stopped stocking up! Thataway when the next load of BS happens, no worries! I'm not exactly a hoarder, but I do tend to gather and hang on to stuff that might come in handy some day.

=Josh=

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    West side of Indy
    holy crap! someone get this man a Glock 19, Mossberg 500, and a standard A2! STAT
    I'm actually looking at renting/borrowing a Gen 4 Glock 19 and M&P9c to see how I like them. I've really only had one experience shooting (thanks to RobbyMaQ), so I have a lot of work to do before I'm ready to carry. But, finances are tight at the moment, so I'll gladly accept donations. :):

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm actually looking at renting/borrowing a Gen 4 Glock 19 and M&P9c to see how I like them. I've really only had one experience shooting (thanks to RobbyMaQ), so I have a lot of work to do before I'm ready to carry. But, finances are tight at the moment, so I'll gladly accept donations. :):
    Happy to let you shoot my Walther PPQ 9mm at Point Blank on the south side, at least as long as I'm a VIP there :) PM if interested.

Top Bottom