• ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I dropped into Point Blank last night to try out the range (yes, I watched the $ video - good for 1 year then you have to pay to watch it again). Very nice range. One of the best indoor ranges I've been to. Good ventilation, good lighting, very fast target trolley & a nice assortment of targets to pick from. I did number drills & zombie head shots out to 25 yards. The Springer 1911 with the new Storm Lake threaded barrel (from USDS) did really well.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I could go point to point and show why you're off base, but the election is over and there's been enough threadjacking. If you're concerned about those things, move before it hits the fan.

Move? Now that they've built a gun range so close!!? Inconceivable!

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I don't recall if I saw this in the thread or not, but are you planning to become a site supporter and have your own subforum?

I am working on that. Main office guy has been checking out this thread of late and recognizes the value of INGO. I would like to get our own sub-forum under Gun Shops.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I finally got a chance to stop in today and shoot.

I was certainly impressed by the range and the inventory on the floor. I was there on my lunch break with a co-worker and we were pretty pressed for time so I don't get to browse as much as I'd like. From what I did see, gun prices seemed to be pretty much in line with what I've seen in other places locally.

I did like the large selection of targets and that they are all 99 cents.

The lanes were nice, but I wasn't a huge fan of the fact that each stall was completely enclosed and even had a gate. I was there with a newer shooter and we each got our own lane. Because they are walled off, there wasn't much chance to interact or offer any advice without completely coming out of the cube. I'm sure I would have appreciated the privacy more had I been there alone.

I also didn't really like having to pay $5 to watch the safety video. That seems like a ploy just to get some money for nothing, but their business their rules. I played by them.

I also didn't find much value in the safety video in general. Almost nothing about the 4 rules, it was mostly about how to load and clear different weapons, from pistol, revolver, AR to shotgun. I hope people aren't showing up with no idea how to manipulate their firearm, but if they are I doubt a 3 minute video is an effective way to show them.

Overall it was a good experience. I'll be back.

jbmayes2000

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    Vincennes
    I thought you were already open for daily business? :dunno:

The idea of a Grand Opening for day one is usually asking for a boat load of issues. They did a soft opening (i presume) because you want to get all the kinks worked out and make sure it all runs smoothly before you draw a huge crowd.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The idea of a Grand Opening for day one is usually asking for a boat load of issues. They did a soft opening (i presume) because you want to get all the kinks worked out and make sure it all runs smoothly before you draw a huge crowd.

I was there day one, hour one.... and there were a few issues (mainly computer related). It took a little bit of time, but obviously that's why you have a "soft" opening. The staff was really polite, and kept apologizing even though (to me) they certainly didn't need to. I imagine the minor issues they have worked out by now. Point Blank will certainly be my go-to spot.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Point Blank Carmel has been under a 'soft opening' for the last 3 weeks. Grand opening will have lots of advertising, and there may or may not be sales.

Makes sense. I knew they had a "soft opening" as I was there that day, I just didn't realize it would last that long...lol! Good to know though, as I plan to shoot there tomorrow :)

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I swung by this afternoon. Nice staff, clean store, and I always get a smile when I see 4 scars on the wall and 5 five-seven in the case.... Not a bad selection

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    I stopped by there today with my two children. I like the place. There were several friendly workers willing to ask what I needed. I asked one for the best deal in the house and he pointed to me a Smith and Wesson Promotion that was going on. If you did not know, there is a sitting area where you can view the shooting lanes. One individual, Dan, was very helpful and showed me around the place. There is plenty of ammo avail. The Thunderbolt pile is still rather big. I decided to buy some of the house brand of reman. .380 rounds. Some guy from Ohio reloads the stuff... 100 grain !
    They had lots of inventory for ammo, holsters, sights... and of course firearms. The rental program looked mostly Kel Tec... I did see a Smith AR though. I plan on trying out the KSG on my next trip.
    Prices seemed in line for a shop. The Eotech 512 and I think it was a 589 seemed pricey though considering the recent Slickguns deals I've found.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Long gun rental:

SCAR - 5.56/.223
    M&P 15 - 5.56/.223
    Sig 516 "Brace" - 5.56/.223

Sig 516 - 7.62

M1A1 - .308

M&P 15-22 - .22lr

Kel Tec KSG - 12ga

Handgun Rental:

Over 40 to choose from including:

CZ 75 SP-01 - 9mm
    Sig Sauer P226 Tactical - 9mm
    H&K VP9 - 9mm
    SA Range Officer - 9mm

Kel Tec PMR-30 - .22WMR

FN Five seveN - 5.7x28mm

Several .22lrs, .380s, 38 Spcls, .40s and .45s as well.

More on the way.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Went to the shop after lunch for the first time today -- very nice place!

They let me and my buddy walk around without hassling us, but we eventually did chat with them for a bit. Love the fact you can look into the range area to have a peek. It is well lit, very well lit, and clean. And they had a skid of .22LR which was nice to see! Prices on ammo were reasonable.

I liked the fact they had handguns grouped by caliber and they were well marked so you could go straight to what you wanted to see.

Stop in and check them out if you are in the area!

Top Bottom