• ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Another post from the same thread:

Oh, so all those things are fake then. Well ****, Trump's awesome for 2A!

And I'd argue your favorite post there is a shill of another variety - The OP has a history of pro-gun posts. The one you highlighted is there to try and instantly discount what was stated as worthless. And... no surprise... a participant in /r/the_donald

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    So what is the point of your pointing out that Trump is not perfect in the 2A?

Please respond.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So what is the point of your pointing out that Trump is not perfect in the 2A?

Please respond.

Why post anything? Information? Conversation?

Do you just not like seeing it?

Obviously the alternatives are likely worse. But it is a bit of a counter to those claiming hes "great" for 2A. No one is great for 2A

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I was listening to Tom Greshem’s podcast not so long ago where either he or a guest said that less than 50% of NRA members are even registered to vote. And that doesn’t even count the ones that “are tired of choosing the lesser of 2 evils”. So, yeah, to a large extent a lot of gun owners I’d assert have chosen purity.

So if a few more NRA members would've actually showed up and voted in Virginia... nah it's the NRA's fault. I know what I'll be asking people next time I work the NRA booth. You registered to vote? Well why the **** not? OK, it needs to be nicer than that.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Why post anything? Information? Conversation?

Do you just not like seeing it?

Obviously the alternatives are likely worse. But it is a bit of a counter to those claiming hes "great" for 2A. No one is great for 2A

The point is, I know that trump has been all over the place on the 2A in the past.

I know that he was wrong on bump stocks.

It does not help the situation if you help one person to throw the Dem lever because you convince them Trump is not 2A friendly.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So if a few more NRA members would've actually showed up and voted in Virginia... nah it's the NRA's fault. I know what I'll be asking people next time I work the NRA booth. You registered to vote? Well why the **** not? OK, it needs to be nicer than that.

The NRA booth ought to double duty and register people to vote, it sounds like!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The point is, I know that trump has been all over the place on the 2A in the past.

I know that he was wrong on bump stocks.

It does not help the situation if you help one person to throw the Dem lever because you convince them Trump is not 2A friendly.

Trump is not a native 2A supporter. This (among other issues) was one The reasons I did not support him during his primary run. But it occurs to me now that I’ve seen him in action, he is coachable. He still not among the faithful. I don’t think he’s “seen the light” yet. But I think he can be kept between the rails...as long as groups like the NRA help keep him there.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    :yesway:
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GodFearinGunTotin again.

I think he was not a fully indoctrinated Democrat. He was not steeped in Pro Choice, Anti Gun, Higher Taxes and all of the tennets of the progressive religion.

Business expedience made him align with the majority of people that could grease his skids.

"I THINK" at some point he took a look at the direction that America was going and threw Business to the wind. He realized that the progressive policies that he once espoused were not taking america in the direction that it should go.

He is a young conservative, just like a young Christian that is trying to live right, but is not as adept as someone that has been faithful to Church and studied diligently. Even the old conservative/Christian stumbles.

I made a vow to myself not to give disclaimers, because they are cowardly.

This is an exception, I KNOW HE IS NOT PERFECT!

I am 100% Thumper, Trumpian, Pro Trump, TDS sufferer (TDS being choosing not to see his faults). I choose to keep my mouth shut when I have nothing good to say.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

No, it really doesn't need to be nicer than that.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trump is not a native 2A supporter. This (among other issues) was one The reasons I did not support him during his primary run. But it occurs to me now that I’ve seen him in action, he is coachable. He still not among the faithful. I don’t think he’s “seen the light” yet. But I think he can be kept between the rails...as long as groups like the NRA help keep him there.

I'm not sure yet if he's realized the importance of 2A... or even cares. He might just see it as another bargaining item for making deals.

Guess we'll see in the next four years.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm not sure yet if he's realized the importance of 2A... or even cares. He might just see it as another bargaining item for making deals.

Guess we'll see in the next four years.

In case I wasn’t clear above, I don’t believe he realizes the importance of the 2A either. If he thinks it’s important to his base and he learns to treat it that way or can be (at the risk of over using the term) coached the right direction, I’ll take it.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    3olnsv.jpg

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%