• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AJMD429

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    If the owners of the mall had THEIR way, the killer would have not been interfered with, because the owners of the mall have a "no weapons" policy, which insists that law-abiding types be unarmed, thus leaving ONLY the criminals who don't obey mall-rules (or, laws against murder) armed.

Anyone wanna bet whether or not the mall owners reconsider and repeal their "no weapons" policy.... :lmfao:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Maybe he should instead be upset with the lack of accountability for criminals, the lack of mental health care, the ineffectiveness of GFZ's and the garbage spewed by Left. Not to mention the propensity to blame inanimate objects for tragedies like this instead of the people committing the crimes.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If the owners of the mall had THEIR way, the killer would have not been interfered with, because the owners of the mall have a "no weapons" policy, which insists that law-abiding types be unarmed, thus leaving ONLY the criminals who don't obey mall-rules (or, laws against murder) armed.

Anyone wanna bet whether or not the mall owners reconsider and repeal their "no weapons" policy.... :lmfao:
    My guess would be that, if anything, they’ll appeal to have the “gun laws strengthened” in Indiana. Some people never see an error in their logic only that if we had more rules/money/power their theories would finally work.

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Little doubt Simon Properties will ban the 22 year old Good Guy from all Simon Properties for life. I've little doubt WTHR will interview mall management and ask them what they plan on doing about the Good Guy trespassing by carrying on their property, and why they haven't had him arrested for it yet. Forgive me for being pessimistic.

Gun Free Zones have enormous targets on them for Bad Guys with firearms to exploit, knowing there will be zero or near zero armed resistance.

John
    Well, given how much journalists tend to suck at understanding Indiana firearms laws, I have no doubt that they would similarly suck at understanding Indiana trespassing laws.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Every "mass shooting" that happens anywhere else gets repeated front page coverage in our local leftist rag. One happens IN OUR OWN STATE but is stopped by an armed citizen, and it gets 6 sentences on page 2.

Imagine the surprise and outrage going through the perp's mind (right before the lead) - "Wait! I'm the only one supposed to have a gun here! It's not FAIR!"

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Seems to me the smart thing for the 'Good Samaritan' would be to re-holster after the event, quietly walk out and disappear. Then engage counsel to discuss the situation with the police. And stay out of the press as we can see they are spinning it that he should not have had a weapon at the mall.
    What?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    "...he should not have been carrying at all." :rolleyes:

Allow me to translate: damnit, if only he'd been complying with the policy that the perpetrator wasn't compelled or constrained by, we'd have way more bloody shirts to wave to score political points.

Funny how "journalists" never challenge the property owners on the absurdity of "no guns" policies.

Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side

We have lots of family who shop at #Greenwood Park Mall in Indiana. They are safe. But too many families tonight again lost a loved one because we are a country of unrestricted weaponry. We are failing every person’s right to be free from gun violence. #EndGunViolence
    Rep. Eric Swalwell

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    No way, that’s it? I’m getting the laser range finder out, you know, when the mall is back open after they’ve cleaned up the blood, and ranging that *****. I walked that tile for a year and a half, it sure as hell feels like 500 feet.
    Looks like the general range within the food court is 100 feet. You can do the math on the other angles. From the North entrance here, to the League hats shop at the bottom is 480 feet.

1658146559438.png

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Using a red dot? I can easily get out to 50 on mine (stress not included)
    With a bit of practice 50 yds off hand open sights with most any carry is doable. Easily for some.
    We used to beat on the steel set out at 50
    At MCF&G. Once in a while factory ball would fall short of the target but SD rounds were reliable at 50.

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    22 years old, wonder if he can afford to replace his carry weapon that’s likely in a police evidence bag?

Perhaps INGO could organize something to help him out with that.

Heck, if I could present it to him in person and shake his hand, I have a gun with a holster I'd give him, along with 5 mags or so.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg

Rep. Eric Swalwell
    Swallwell is at worst a traiterous enemy of the people and at best a complete idiot.

I occasionally peruse the Indy subreddit and it is a complete embarrassment. Can't believe how left leaning this state is turning. And its not just Indy - the burbs have been turning dark blue over the past few decades as well.

Attachments

• IMG_20220718_081605_01.png
      IMG_20220718_081605_01.png
      59.4 KB · Views: 77
    Top Bottom