Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Bumping
    3 more days folks

MrsGungho, do you have any stats that we could know in case we would have an opportunity to answer why we are against some of the gun control measures?

For instance, what is the % compliance with gun registration in a country like Australia?

Most of us know how effective gun control is in Chicago, but what else might be good bits of data to "arm" ourselves with?

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    MrsGungho, do you have any stats that we could know in case we would have an opportunity to answer why we are against some of the gun control measures?

For instance, what is the % compliance with gun registration in a country like Australia?

Most of us know how effective gun control is in Chicago, but what else might be good bits of data to "arm" ourselves with?

I plan to be there (I am helping w/ the IMAGC too) ...

We started (but it is only 'in progress') going through the 1 radio interview they MDA group did after the last rally; and also some of the other 'bullet point' pieces of propaganda they use all the time.

I listed many of them out and started writing out 'corrected facts' on many of them. ... I plan to work on this more between now and Saturday. Being able to spout 'blurbs of rhetoric' is a means of fighting the media battle.

I am not sure how far the others have gone through these. It's a work in progress. Some of their 'factoids' are easier to refute than others; some I don't even want to try.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side

As brotherbill said, we have a list of talking points to refute, unfortunately life sometimes has to come before activism and I am slowly getting going on it. I will do my best to get some of the things posted up no later than Friday afternoon.
    I will get a thread started on Arfcom IN HTF as well.
    :facepalm: thank you
    I never even thought of hitting arfcom up... haven't posted over there in a long time so I kinda forgot.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I just found out I'll be in town this weekend after all so I'll most likely head up to Lafayette for this event. I'll be the guy wearing the operator's cap with the American flag on it and carrying a Beretta Storm carbine. Lunch afterward?

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I just found out I'll be in town this weekend after all so I'll most likely head up to Lafayette for this event. I'll be the guy wearing the operator's cap with the American flag on it and carrying a Beretta Storm carbine. Lunch afterward?
    thanks for coming. Lunch is out for me, but I am sure there will be someone there to go.

I will be sporting my new pink "keep calm" T

Just a reminder day after tomorrow folks.. looking forward to see everyone

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side

I have to apologize to you, I said I would get stats before this afternoon but life has gotten in the way and I won't be able to fullfill my promise..

Some of the things that might be good to point out, .

full auto has been under strict regulations since 1986, the "assault weapons" now are semi auto, one bullet for one pull of the trigger.

Dealers are still required to do back ground checks even if set up at a gunshow.. Guns show loophole is a private face to face sale, not necessarily done at shows.

Joe Biden says we don't have time to prosecute every one who lies on background checks

2010 FBI data shows that 76,000 denials on background checks
    90% were not "worthy" of prosecution.
    62 cases were referred, 44 pursued, 13 getting a guilty plea.

so 13 of 76,000 denials were found guilty for trying to get a gun when they weren't allowed... Joe Biden was right I guess, we don't have time to prosecute :dunno:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I have to apologize to you, I said I would get stats before this afternoon but life has gotten in the way and I won't be able to fullfill my promise..

full auto has been under strict regulations since 1986, the "assault weapons" now are semi auto, one bullet for one pull of the trigger.

Dealers are still required to do back ground checks even if set up at a gunshow.. Guns show loophole is a private face to face sale, not necessarily done at shows.

Joe Biden says we don't have time to prosecute every one who lies on background checks

so 13 of 76,000 denials were found guilty for trying to get a gun when they weren't allowed... Joe Biden was right I guess, we don't have time to prosecute :dunno:

Kirk F. needs to come. He can rattle off facts and case law without batting an eye.:)

I think GOA has a fact crib sheet folks can print off, review, hand out copies...

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

No apologies necessary. I appreciate everything you are doing here. keep up the good work and I'll see you tomorrow, hopefully.

These stats on this post are great. We don't need a ton of data, just a few talking points. The opposition is mostly about feelings and emotions anyway and they won't listen to the facts. It is the fence-sitters that I am most interested in converting.

My wife works with an anti and she will flat out say she doesn't care about facts, she wants guns confiscated and banned!

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    No apologies necessary. I appreciate everything you are doing here. keep up the good work and I'll see you tomorrow, hopefully.

These stats on this post are great. We don't need a ton of data, just a few talking points. The opposition is mostly about feelings and emotions anyway and they won't listen to the facts. It is the fence-sitters that I am most interested in converting.

My wife works with an anti and she will flat out say she doesn't care about facts, she wants guns confiscated and banned!
    you are correct

thank you for your understanding

I will be there in this shirt, only pink

T_Shirt_Keep_Calm_Carry_Front__26539.1366085273.1280.1280.png

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.

I got to work on it a bit, but more facts are always better;
    This is a long process - I'll be there tomorrow too, and am somewhat of an encyclopedia so maybe that will help. I am also willign to laugh at the MDA folks when the spout propaganda -

HOWEVER - we are not (to my knowledge) directly matching them tomorrow; though we may run across them -

And your approach is very correct - the strongly emotionally tied ones - we will not convert or get them to get their heads out of their (place you sit) ... but we need to be sure facts are heard by those in the middle so they lean towards this side of the fence and fall on when the time comes.

Converting one who's against takes years. If / when I see you tomorrow I will explain more.

Top Bottom