• MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Yeah > I need to leave them alone too.

Uzi - thanks Gallery shared - awesome job. :rockwoot:
    - I'd rep you (again) but I am out apparently; I'm trying to spread it; but :dunno: ...
    you always do well, just not sure what it does to your B/P

and yes UZI, thank you for the time spent capturing our event in photos. We do appreciate every time you show for us so that the memories will be forever.

I now have a new FB profile pic, thanks to you. ;)

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    you always do well, just not sure what it does to your B/P

and yes UZI, thank you for the time spent capturing our event in photos. We do appreciate every time you show for us so that the memories will be forever.

I should probably put an avatar in here finally. ... probably use one of those pics too or the one you took.

sgt.porter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Deleware County
    Mrs. P and I just got back from our vacation in the dark and creepy wild yesterday afternoon. We only had good cell signal to and from Lafayette so I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Thank you all who attended, we had a great turnout for a busy weekend in a town that never had a rally before. I'm sure the pro-2A movement in Lafayette will only grow stronger from here, and we would love to come back some day. I hope I got the chance to talk to everyone who attended, I tried to have some sort of conversation with everyone.
    At one point in the rally, I had the opportunity to speak with district 27 representative (car pulled up to the curb) Sheila Klinker. She wanted everyone to know that she was proud of what we were doing and we had her full support. She wanted to speak to us but had lost her voice and was not feeling well. She made sure I knew she has a good rating with the NRA and is with us all the way. She gladly took an IMAGC contact card before shaking hands and moving on.

It was nice meeting you kirk. Too bad you couldn't make it to the rally, but its completely understandable.

Big thanks to uzibutton for the pics! You did an awesome job as always.

Another big thanks to Renee from Lafayette 2A Defenders. Those of you from the area should get acquainted with this group.

And of course a big thanks to IMAGC staff. You really pulled through in putting a rally together in a place none if us were familiar with.

As far as the negative publicity goes? Meh. We don't do this for the media, and have strengthened our numbers and our bonds regardless.

Keep fighting the good fight all. We are making a difference.

-JP

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    At one point in the rally, I had the opportunity to speak with district 27 representative (car pulled up to the curb) Sheila Klinker. She wanted everyone to know that she was proud of what we were doing and we had her full support. She wanted to speak to us but had lost her voice and was not feeling well. She made sure I knew she has a good rating with the NRA and is with us all the way. She gladly took an IMAGC contact card before shaking hands and moving on.

-JP

That's interesting. I never got that from her that she is in support of our cause. I thought I heard her make some mention of the disappointment that the gun control measures failed a couple weeks ago.

I must have heard wrong.

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    Sheila Klinker is pretty much on our side from what I've seen of her. I recall hearing her on the news shortly after Aurora stating that she did not agree with the idea of new gun laws, and that the problem lies in mental issues and the people.

TheUziButton

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011

You are very welcome!
    And thank you for another successful rally!

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    The next 2A rally, everyone show up with 1-shot black powder rifles, and see what they (lefties) have to complain about.
    lymannew2december2004.jpg

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    The next 2A rally, everyone show up with 1-shot black powder rifles, and see what they (lefties) have to complain about.
    lymannew2december2004.jpg

Really would be a cool idea in a way...most of us at least have a Mosin or two (a true weapon o war btw haha). Show up with those and wheel guns and see if they still report that we had ARs

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Really would be a cool idea in a way...most of us at least have a Mosin or two (a true weapon o war btw haha). Show up with those and wheel guns and see if they still report that we had ARs
    Isn't that an AK in the picture?;)

Sheila Klinker is pretty much on our side from what I've seen of her. I recall hearing her on the news shortly after Aurora stating that she did not agree with the idea of new gun laws, and that the problem lies in mental issues and the people.

I noticed her car. She might have stepped outside for a brief photo op at least...

I think she does have a pretty good NRA rating, but I haven't heard anything from her on the post-Newtown hysteria. :dunno:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Sheila goes to everything. Now, how she votes is another matter.

But for many people it is that she merely shows up is enough to get their vote.

Except work when she doesn't like some current legislation the state is trying to get passed. Then she goes to Illinois and hangs out in a motel room.

Top Bottom