• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgt.porter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Deleware County
    Its official! IMAGC will be holding a 2A rally in Lafayette on Apr 27 in response to a pro-gun control rally by MDA in Lafayette on the same day.

Apr27rallyrevised_zpse7769a85.jpg

Who: We the people, supported by Indiana Moms Against Gun Control
    What: A peaceful gathering to support 2nd amendment rights
    When: Saturday Apr 27, 2013 from 10:00am to ?
    Where: Tippecanoe County Courthouse (301 Main St, Lafayette IN)
    Why: We the people recognize that rights endowed by our creator and protected by the Constitution of the United States of America are in constant danger of further infringements, even complete nullification. We choose to exercise our 1st amendment right to peaceably assemble, in hopes that our voice and our opinion will be heard by the public, and by our politicians.
    Legal possession and carry of firearms is encouraged.
    There is no dress code for this event. Dress as you normally would. There is no need to create a false image when representing yourself. Dress comfortably and weather appropriate.
    Signs and banners that support the 2nd Amendment or address political issues pertaining to gun rights are encouraged. With "universal background checks" being the gun grabbers game of the day, signs addressing the dangers of the UBC are a plus. As a group geared towards moms, we would like to see many signs addressing mothers and guns, but your freedom of expression is a wonderful right.
    Being a public event on public property, it is possible that you may be interviewed by media, or confronted by those opposed to your belief. In either circumstance, please be informative and respectful. If you're not sure what to say, change the subject. If you feel overwhelmed or wish not to speak, simply walk away.
    At this time, our own Johnny Leers has volunteered to lead the rally. Johnny has proven to be a great asset to IMAGC and the defense of the 2nd Amendment.
    We may stand and speak to the crowd or we may choose to stand by the road and remain a face to the public. Rallies in the past seem to go well when anyone who wishes to speak is given the opportunity. Each of you have your own strengths and weaknesses. If your strength is in public speaking, you may have the opportunity to do so.

Please address any questions or comments in the post area here.

We have also made contact with the group Lafayette 2A Defenders and will be coordinating with them to make this rally a big success.

Don't forget to find us on facebook at www.facebook.com/indianamomsagainstguncontrol , visit our website in progress at Indiana Moms Against Gun Control , and/or follow us on twitter @IndianaMomsAGC

Last edited:

RoxyRugerLC9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2013
    Dayton, IN
    Love this post! I'm anxiously awaiting the 27th and I'm feverishly spreading the word. I'm the very proud admin of the Lafayette 2A Defenders and very very happy to have found Indiana Moms Against Gun Control. We're also in the process of making fliers to handout at the local gun shops and wherever else we find that they're welcome in effort to make this rally an all out success

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lafayette-2A-Defenders/288174957982982?fref=ts

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    We had some issues with obtaining a permit, so we have changed the location to the Tippecanoe County Courthouse. I have been in contact with the Sheriff's Department. I believe this location will work better for us because it is more public, and will help us get the word out. From comments we have been receiving from the forums, it seems Lafayette has not had a 2A rally. Lets get the word out and make this a big one. Our fliers will be updated by this evening.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Flyer updated to reflect change of venue. Txt in OP changed as well. Spread the word.

Where are flyers available? I can post them in several business windows, gun shops, ranges, Rural Kings bulletin board, downtown businesses...

Please let me know where I can get flyers for this event!

sgt.porter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Deleware County

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I'm still only listing as a "maybe" ... I may be busy working to help train the one recently converted to ourside (personal project) from their side. :dunno: Not sure.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Just to update a bit here. IMAGC met with Senator Coats & Senator Donnellys staff on Friday.
    We felt the meetings went well and our points were heard. It was announced the following day that Senator Coats signed on to Rand Paul's Filibuster letter for no more gun control.

Our voices are being heard, we need to show at the state level with as many voices as we can get. If you can at all join us, we would love to see you out there.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Bring them along for the show. They'll have a chance to meet lots of nice gun owners.

Well - she's not that far along; but I got her to the range for the first time (ever) yesterday; and She's applied for her Lifetime LTCH. ...

The politics of it are still sinking in.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    If you're upset with the way things are going in Washington

this is a good way to help get your voices heard... Hope to see you there,

Top Bottom