• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1843059172384905&id=452480994776070
    Bad news on reciprocity bill getting jammed with the Fix-NICS bill

Since work and life has being going SWIMMINGLY (as I say that wearing CONCRETE SHOES) - and keeping me so busy
    did the FIX-NICS junk bill get ammended to the house HR 38? I'm too far under to be tracking like I usually do. I barely got a single letter off w/ great generalizations.

Thanks.
    That was my understanding, but I am not absolutely certain.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Huzzah.

I know it's just one step, but it moves things in the right direction. Time to get on top of Donnelly.

See post #125. Bail-Out Joe took a whole page to say nothing.

Edit: Is it time to (borrowing a line from Admiral Akbar) "Concentrate all fire on Donnelly"?? We need to flip a number of "D"s, does Joe think he can get re-elected with a no vote?

Last edited:

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I anticipate there will be some amendments to the NICS Fix piece of it to entice enough D's to vote for it. If it passes the Senate with amendments there will be a joint committee to try to work out the differences. At the least the House would have to have another floor vote and if the joint committee changes anything, the Senate would also require another floor vote.

This will take a while.
    :popcorn:

John

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    That is what it says!

It also classifies a magazine as a firearm, I find that strange and wonder where it could be twisted.

Thirdly it tells theAttorney general to consider bump stocks

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That is what it says!

It also classifies a magazine as a firearm, I find that strange and wonder where it could be twisted.

I read that as a way of asserting the magazine is a part of the gun this bill is saying you must allow to be carried...ie, they might have to let you carry the gun but thet dont have to let you carry it loaded.

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    The reason for the magazine definition is to prevent states from being able to arrest folks with 17 round magazines in states that limit to 10 rounds. It basically says ANY firearm from any state can be carried in any other state as long as you're licensed to carry in a state that issues licenses.

I think it was brilliant to basically make everyone legal in CA, NY, MA and all of the communist states.

By attaching it to Fix NICs it makes it very difficult for Democrats to vote against it since they're the arbiters of gun safety.

I have no problem with them forcing states to load established disqualifying data into NICs for those that don't deserve the privilege of carrying. They've also added a process where folks can contest NICs data and have redress for errors in the system.

Donnelly is the one we need to lower the hammer on. I've already emailed his office and told him a no vote on this bill is a no vote by me on him during the election. We need to use the momentum this bill has and jam it through.

If I was McConnell, I'd blow up the senate rules and pass it and every other bill they could with the 51 and be done with it. If congress worked for the people and got stuff done, Democrats would never be in power ever again.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    That is what it says!

I dig your concerns BF, but if you copy/paste it into the bottom (as numbered sub-sub paragraphs) of subparagraph (a) of Section 926D the magazines reference is subordinate to " ...[FONT=&quot]may [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]possess or carry a concealed handgun ". [/FONT]This is designed to prevent a magazine or ammo ban as an end-around on this law. Or at least that's how I read it.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I dig your concerns BF, but if you copy/paste it into the bottom (as numbered sub-sub paragraphs) of subparagraph (a) of Section 926D the magazines reference is subordinate to " ...[FONT=&amp]may [/FONT] [FONT=&amp]possess or carry a concealed handgun ". [/FONT]This is designed to prevent a magazine or ammo ban as an end-around on this law. Or at least that's how I read it.

I would anticipate every jurisdiction that is butt hurt by reciprocity if it becomes law to go after it with a fine tooth comb to find something inventive they can do to effectively neuter it to make it impossible to legally carry a concealed handgun that's usable. If there's a hole that some highly imaginative jurisdiction manages to exploit, watch the dogpile on it begin, and Congress will take forever to fix it because revisiting prior legislation to amend it is loathsome.

John

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I would anticipate every jurisdiction that is butt hurt by reciprocity if it becomes law to go after it with a fine tooth comb to find something inventive they can do to effectively neuter it to make it impossible to legally carry a concealed handgun that's usable. If there's a hole that some highly imaginative jurisdiction manages to exploit, watch the dogpile on it begin, and Congress will take forever to fix it because revisiting prior legislation to amend it is loathsome.

John
    Based on past behavior I'd say that's the definition of a sure-thing. In these utopias they've long since solved all the first-world problems like drug gangs and murderous thugs roaming freely.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have no problem with them forcing states to load established disqualifying data into NICs for those that don't deserve the privilege of carrying. They've also added a process where folks can contest NICs data and have redress for errors in the system..

Driving on government owned roadways is a privilege. Carrying is a right. The only people who should be disqualified are those convicted of felonies or equivalent (i.e. dishonorable discharge) and domestic abuse.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville

John

This is true. For example, New Jersey, despite the plain language of the LEOSA, has "interpreted" the federal law permitting the carry of hollow point ammunition to apply to active law enforcement officers only.

Top Bottom