• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This is true. For example, New Jersey, despite the plain language of the LEOSA, has "interpreted" the federal law permitting the carry of hollow point ammunition to apply to active law enforcement officers only.
    After California falls into the ocean, maybe New Jersey will be next.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This is true. For example, New Jersey, despite the plain language of the LEOSA, has "interpreted" the federal law permitting the carry of hollow point ammunition to apply to active law enforcement officers only.

My sister-in-law is from New Jersey. At Cabelas, she was astounded that hollow points were for sale, even though they were "illegal".
    I had a good laugh.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    My sister-in-law is from New Jersey. At Cabelas, she was astounded that hollow points were for sale, even though they were "illegal".
    I had a good laugh.
    Opportunities to educate like that don't come along every day, Act. Hopefully you got her on the right track, after you quit laughing of course.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Opportunities to educate like that don't come along every day, Act. Hopefully you got her on the right track, after you quit laughing of course.

Of course.
    I informed her that hollow points are only illegal in New Jersey, and maybe one or two other states.
    That if they were so dangerous, then why do most police officers use them.
    And people do not explode when hit with one.
    People near the target are safer due to less chance of penetration or bouncing.
    More chance of damage to target, but since I am shooting the target, I am not exactly concerned with the target's health.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Also, there are other options for the anti-gun jurisdictions to "discourage" carry.

When I was teaching at the ILEA, one young deputy in my class told us he was detained for about four hours by the Chicago PD. They were "verifying" his status as an Indiana LEO, I guess to determine if LEOSA really applied to him.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Of course.
    I informed her that hollow points are only illegal in New Jersey, and maybe one or two other states.
    That if they were so dangerous, then why do most police officers use them.
    And people do not explode when hit with one.
    People near the target are safer due to less chance of penetration or bouncing.
    More chance of damage to target, but since I am shooting the target, I am not exactly concerned with the target's health.

Targetist! Targetist!:runaway:

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    IMHO, a felony should not be cause for stripping 2a rights. IMHO, it should hinge on if the person intended to do harm to another and is convicted of the felony. Personally, I don’t care if someone has a gun that has a felony for something like excessive speeding.

Driving on government owned roadways is a privilege. Carrying is a right. The only people who should be disqualified are those convicted of felonies or equivalent (i.e. dishonorable discharge) and domestic abuse.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    IMHO, a felony should not be cause for stripping 2a rights. IMHO, it should hinge on if the person intended to do harm to another and is convicted of the felony. Personally, I don’t care if someone has a gun that has a felony for something like excessive speeding.
    Agreed. There are a lot of things that are felonies that have nothing to do with being violent.

I would add that a person should not be banned for life for a crime. Former criminals that paid their due have just as much right to defend themselves and their families as anyone else.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Not doubting you but what is this based on?

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Agreed. We have a bad system that ****s over people for the rest of their lives that have already paid their dues to society for their crimes. That goes not only for 2a rights, but for employment, etc...

Agreed. There are a lot of things that are felonies that have nothing to do with being violent.

I would add that a person should not be banned for life for a crime. Former criminals that paid their due have just as much right to defend themselves and their families as anyone else.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Also, there are other options for the anti-gun jurisdictions to "discourage" carry.

When I was teaching at the ILEA, one young deputy in my class told us he was detained for about four hours by the Chicago PD. They were "verifying" his status as an Indiana LEO, I guess to determine if LEOSA really applied to him.
    Hmmm, was he a special? I could see the confusion there. Back in 2005 (when I was a Marion Co Merit Deputy before the merger) I was carrying into the Sears Tower and an off-duty CPD officer was there to check my ID. We chatted for a few minutes and off we went to the observation deck. Some Special Deputies have 24/7 powers and some have powers only while on the property they work at.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I would anticipate every jurisdiction that is butt hurt by reciprocity if it becomes law to go after it with a fine tooth comb to find something inventive they can do to effectively neuter it to make it impossible to legally carry a concealed handgun that's usable. If there's a hole that some highly imaginative jurisdiction manages to exploit, watch the dogpile on it begin, and Congress will take forever to fix it because revisiting prior legislation to amend it is loathsome.

John

Or they'll ignore it all together with a new found respect for states rights.

Sen: Jail CCW Holders If They Enter Jersey | The Daily Caller

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Or they'll ignore it all together with a new found respect for states rights.

Sen: Jail CCW Holders If They Enter Jersey | The Daily Caller

When pressed about travelers with concealed carry permits who may be detoured into his state by accident, he replied: “They know what our state’s law is. They should know what our state law is if they want to carry a concealed weapon. I don’t think that they just simply get detoured and they should think in advance when they are traveling.”

As someone who once missed the last exit on the PA turnpike and inadvertently ended up in NJ, I can say with certainty that it is possible to enter NJ by accident.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I think NJ politicians should be jailed if the wander out of their home state.

I think NJ politicians should be SHOT if the wander out of their home state.

No, neither jailed nor shot.

Just take them to the bad part of town with a $20 stapled to the back of their shirt. and no protection detail.

Before you boot them out the side of the van, tell them they have a choice: Take the AR 15 with an extra Beta mag of HPs or go empty handed.

Their choice is their vote on the next gun law in NJ.

Gun rights or gun restrictions... Which will it be?

Top Bottom