• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Great idea but need to hear the meat. States like New York, California etc will oppose unless they get very strict rules for who can carry. If rules (qualifications) change and the Indiana license with no training requirements are below that bar, what will happen to current licenses.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    Great idea but need to hear the meat. States like New York, California etc will oppose unless they get very strict rules for who can carry. If rules (qualifications) change and the Indiana license with no training requirements are below that bar, what will happen to current licenses.
    So far your state's standards carry over, and according to GOA if the law passes in the current form you and your 17+1 barreta can carry in NYC legally. Which I'm sure will spawn lawsuits over our standards.

the problem I have is that the poisonous Fix NICS bill passed committee

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Transcript of the committee hearing markups: https://judiciary.house.gov/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/11.29.17-Markup-Transcript.pdf

Borrowing? Plagiarizing? Culturally Appropriating from a thread on this down here in Texas, some of the amendments that were adopted or rejected appear to be (and note, I believe these are all oriented towards carrying on out-of-state licenses):

Prohibition of "permit shopping" - failed
    LEOSA extended to federal judges - adopted
    Congressmen from states without licensing can carry - adopted
    Maintaining hi-cap magazine ban for those states that have such a ban - failed
    Blanket prohibition on carrying on private property - failed (Bill allows for private property owners to post prohibitions)
    Barring someone with license from home state from legally carrying on that license if he would not qualify for gun (license) in the visited state - failed
    Maintain prohibition against carry on ACE land - failed.
    Carve-out for Washington DC - failed
    Allow police to detain for verification of license - failed

Note: the above is what I and others picked up from a quick read of the transcript, which is[STRIKE] about 300 [/STRIKE] 372 pages long. It may contain errors or substances recognized as carcinogens by the State of California. YMMV. Enter at your own risk. etc.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I am going to continue breathing at a normal pace...I think it will die. Or get shelved until next December that way they can start waving the flag before the election...and then let it fail again.

I believe the Dems have said Filibuster til they die if this makes it to the floor. McConnell and mustering 50 votes for free ice cream sums it up. They'll have someone beat up someone again or someone will buy off McCain.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    They better damn we’ll pass something. Lots of promises in their campaigns and so far not a damn thing from the Rs.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    ****ing disgusting what they’re doing. This is going to bury us and the future generations in debt. This trickle down **** has never worked.

Well it looks like the very rich and companies are about to get a nice xmass gift with the passing of tax reform

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013

I have not researched this, however for example if you live is a 2A state a drivers license is all that you need to possess (prove residence). It wouldn't be a whole lot different from a drivers license in that every state honors another regardless of the other's requirements.

And from what I also understand someone who lives in a state where they cannot get a license could obtain an out of state license from somewhere like Utah or Florida and be good to go in their home state.

Is this correct INGO?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Transcript of the committee hearing markups: https://judiciary.house.gov/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/11.29.17-Markup-Transcript.pdf

Borrowing? Plagiarizing? Culturally Appropriating from a thread on this down here in Texas, some of the amendments that were adopted or rejected appear to be (and note, I believe these are all oriented towards carrying on out-of-state licenses):

Prohibition of "permit shopping" - failed
    LEOSA extended to federal judges - adopted
    Congressmen from states without licensing can carry - adopted
    Maintaining hi-cap magazine ban for those states that have such a ban - failed
    Blanket prohibition on carrying on private property - failed (Bill allows for private property owners to post prohibitions)
    Barring someone with license from home state from legally carrying on that license if he would not qualify for gun (license) in the visited state - failed
    Maintain prohibition against carry on ACE land - failed.
    Carve-out for Washington DC - failed
    Allow police to detain for verification of license - failed

Note: the above is what I and others picked up from a quick read of the transcript, which is[STRIKE] about 300 [/STRIKE] 372 pages long. It may contain errors or substances recognized as carcinogens by the State of California. YMMV. Enter at your own risk. etc.
    I think that sounds good? If the “failed” means we won?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    https://www.nraila.org/articles/20171201/state-attorneys-general-back-national-reciprocity
    [h=1]State Attorneys General Back National Reciprocity[/h]Write your reps.

This to Peter Viscloski.

Sir,

Please vote yes on HR 38.

Indiana already accepts all states Carry licenses/permits, This bill will be a net zero gain / loss for the state of Indiana. However it will be a net gain for Indiana gun owners who are Licensed to carry firearms.

We have reciprocity for drivers, married couples and scholastic achievement.

The patchwork of gun regulations across the country has landed people in jail. People have gone to jail in New York because their flight connections changed, even though they had followed TSA regulations to the letter. A lady from Philadelphia was arrested in New Jersey when she informed that she was legally armed.

HR 38 would help gun owners throughout the US, but Indiana gun owners will be helped by your yes vote.

Thank you.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    https://www.nraila.org/articles/20171201/state-attorneys-general-back-national-reciprocity
    [h=1]State Attorneys General Back National Reciprocity[/h]Write your reps.

This to Peter Viscloski.

Sir,

Please vote yes on HR 38.

Indiana already accepts all states Carry licenses/permits, This bill will be a net zero gain / loss for the state of Indiana. However it will be a net gain for Indiana gun owners who are Licensed to carry firearms.

We have reciprocity for drivers, married couples and scholastic achievement.

The patchwork of gun regulations across the country has landed people in jail. People have gone to jail in New York because their flight connections changed, even though they had followed TSA regulations to the letter. A lady from Philadelphia was arrested in New Jersey when she informed that she was legally armed.

HR 38 would help gun owners throughout the US, but Indiana gun owners will be helped by your yes vote.

Thank you.

We have been flooding the mail. Lots of self addressed stamped envelopes have been handed out.
    We need more actually.

Top Bottom