• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The pony, the doll, the steak and lobster for dinner and the Ron Paul action figure, now with racist grip, that everyone wants have absolutely nothing to do with national reciprocity.

Focus, INGO, focus.

In post #10, the reference was to the hearing protection act and removing silencers. So, channeling my inner mrjarrell -- "reading comprehension is important". Yeah, I know...not nearly as snarky but I'm out of practice. :laugh:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    If hearing protection could save even just one Bothan from the clutches of the Empire, then federal legislation is totally worth it.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    As the only true guardian of Liberty here at INGO, I have awarded Manny Bothans the Order of Paul (posthumorlessly). To honor him, please write your Congressman and donate to NRA-ILA.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    As the only true guardian of Liberty here at INGO, I have awarded Manny Bothans the Order of Paul (posthumorlessly). To honor him, please write your Congressman and donate to NRA-ILA.
    Can we donate to a pro-2A lobbying group that isn't so much like the Empire itself? Tell me LaPierre doesn't remind you of Palpatine....

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Can we donate to a pro-2A lobbying group that isn't so much like the Empire itself? Tell me LaPierre doesn't remind you of Palpatine....

In sticking with the grand INGO tradition you can engage in tribal virtue signalling by donating to ineffectual organizations that attack our rights so you can feel like a special snowflake. It would not be INGO without this.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    In sticking with the grand INGO tradition you can engage in tribal virtue signalling by donating to ineffectual organizations that attack our rights so you can feel like a special snowflake. It would not be INGO without this.
    The NRA is certainly effective.

So is the AFL-CIO.

Doesn't mean either is immune from corruption. ;)

Going back to the notion of focusing, though, is there another federal civil rights statute that would require a local court/prosecutor to pay for the attorneys fees of a defendant like this? I mean, not part of a separate civil rights action, but actually part of the (ostensibly) criminal case? You and other litigators probably have broader knowledge of these things.

When a person successfully asserts this sectionas a defense in a criminal proceeding, the court shall award the prevailing defendant a reasonable attorney’s fee.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I wonder will this bill be modified so that it fits with local laws and BS because of how drastically different state by state is.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Man, this virtue signalling is like whack a mole.

Yes, yes, the NRA is corrupt because it wins this excuses inaction and shields our virtue.
    Oh no. Like the AFL-CIO, it is corrupt because it makes a metric shton of money.

Other groups are, apparently, just as effective. There is a marketplace of ideas when it comes to pursuing pro-2A goals.

Besides, as I've said when you and I have gone 'round about this, my issues with the NRA are not really about what they've done publicly. It is no more virtue signaling than trumpeting that you support the biggest elephant in the herd because fealty demands it. ;)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I wonder will this bill be modified so that it fits with local laws and BS because of how drastically different state by state is.

The way I understand it, it simply allows people with permits or licenses to carry in states that have their own permits or licenses. It does not change state law (feds can't do that unless state law is unconstitutional).

The onus is on the carrier to know what the law is where he is going, which is the present situation.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Thank you ingo for vocabulary building. I had to look up virtue signaling.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The way I understand it, it simply allows people with permits or licenses to carry in states that have their own permits or licenses. It does not change state law (feds can't do that unless state law is unconstitutional).

The onus is on the carrier to know what the law is where he is going, which is the present situation.
    Along these lines, it only allows reciprocity as to "concealed" carry. There are some states that don't allow OC, or have additional restrictions.

It doesn't supersede things like training requirements, etc. It does appear to supersede local-level regulations, but not state laws.

Top Bottom