• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Never heard of dehydrating spinach before? What do you do with it?
    Add it to any dish that might benefit from adding spinach.

It's good in soups, stews and the like.

Scrabbled eggs with spinach and cheese is one of my favorite ways to eat eggs. I'm sure it would do well in quiche also.

It will eat like chips also.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Add it to any dish that might benefit from adding spinach.

It's good in soups, stews and the like.

Scrabbled eggs with spinach and cheese is one of my favorite ways to eat eggs. I'm sure it would do well in quiche also.

It will eat like chips also.
    queso and cheese dip for chips, so good.

Last edited:

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Waiting for the forecast to stop with the freezing night temps - we have 6 flats of plants to put in.
    Peas, lettuce and spinach still growing, brought in some asparagus.
    Digging up chives and spearmint that is taking over a whole corner - you want any?
    Finished attaching chicken wire fence all along the bottom of the regular fence to keep the bunnies out.
    Raccoons are getting in the chicken pen again, either prying the top of the gate open, or digging under the gate. They can't get to the chickens or eggs, since they are closed up on the coop every night. So the work for this evening is to shovel in some landscape blocks along the bottom of the gate to prevent digging. The old shingles that worked for years are not enough to keep the raccoons out any more

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I was really pumped to find a preying mantis cocoon while weeding last year's strawberries.

I didn't see it, until it came off in my hand. It's gotta be old, from last year, right?

20210512_171209.jpg

Last edited:

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    That's awesome, my area must be good for praying mantis, I find egg-cases in almost every one of my raised beds in the spring. When I find them as I clear the beds off, I try to re-locate them into the asparagus, strawberries, or garlic beds so they can hatch later. I wonder if I get a lot of them because I tend to always have a few beds that I totally let go each year that get full of tall weeds in late summer. I haven't been lucky enough to see any babies yet. Maybe today as I put out all my tomato and pepper plants.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    L
    That's awesome, my area must be good for praying mantis, I find egg-cases in almost every one of my raised beds in the spring. When I find them as I clear the beds off, I try to re-locate them into the asparagus, strawberries, or garlic beds so they can hatch later. I wonder if I get a lot of them because I tend to always have a few beds that I totally let go each year that get full of tall weeds in late summer. I haven't been lucky enough to see any babies yet. Maybe today as I put out all my tomato and pepper plants.
    Be aware that these are Chinese mantids and not native. They will also eat pollinators.

Planting today:

Attachments

• 8AE9FCE8-D5E1-4175-BFCB-F9D07E6206D6.jpeg
      8AE9FCE8-D5E1-4175-BFCB-F9D07E6206D6.jpeg
      6 MB · Views: 9

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Be aware that these are Chinese mantids and not native. They will also eat pollinators.
    They look like the same one's I remember seeing as a kid? I remember seeing one eat a captured bee once.

Bumble bees seem to be doing most of the pollinating here? They are the most of what I see.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Between work and having four different ball schedules between the five kids, I am way behind. A year ago I had the first harvest of radishes, this year I have hardly anything in.

Top Bottom