• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    Cool! Let us know what you think of it. If they're still on sale come pay day, and I'm not dead by then, I may get one myself... It's been on the "that would be nice" list for years now.

Will do bud. Problem is it’s not supposed to get here until Tuesday or Wednesday and I dont work again until 4/7.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I just filled the two Jerry can knockoffs that were sitting empty.

Wonder how much is too much fuel to have stored inside of a building?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you're anywhere near Greenfield you can get sturdy jugs at Comet Kart Sales on US40 just West of town. I've been racing 120mph go-karts since the 70's and have used the jugs sold at Comet for at least the last 15 years. They've held up well banging around in the trailer and in the pits. I use the smaller jugs with built in spout shown on their website for weekly fueling of things like the lawn mowers. I have a number of the 5 gallon jugs for storage with Sta-Bil. They also have spare parts like fill tubes, gaskets for the caps, etc. I also have a few of the VP jugs and they've been great so far.
    Comet Kart Sales

We have several of the 5 gallon style in that link. We only have maybe 10 of the Jegs containers. The rest are the same style as the ones Comet sells. The Jegs are the same size and shape basically. Maybe not as heavy duty.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Depends on how its stored and your insurance coverage.

Do you do anything special to store your jugs more safely than some other way? When I was a home owner I had a shed I kept the extra in, but here I just have them in the attached garage. If even the relatively small amount of spare gas I have ever went off, it would be a total loss.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Do you do anything special to store your jugs more safely than some other way? When I was a home owner I had a shed I kept the extra in, but here I just have them in the attached garage. If even the relatively small amount of spare gas I have ever went off, it would be a total loss.

There is too much to put in 1 place so they are spread through the sheds and the shop.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    So I'm going to highjack this thread, let's talk about if you can find gas stations that offer ethanol-free fuel? CountryMark is the only place I've found that you can get it. If you've looked, what has been your experience?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    So I'm going to highjack this thread, let's talk about if you can find gas stations that offer ethanol-free fuel? CountryMark is the only place I've found that you can get it. If you've looked, what has been your experience?

So is it the ethanol in the gas that goes bad faster. Will ethanol-free ever go bad or just last longer?
    Sta-Bil.... Do you need it for the ethanol-free?

Hey, if we're going to jack, we might as well jack all the way off.

er..... ah....... wait.....

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    So is it the ethanol in the gas that goes bad faster. Will ethanol-free ever go bad or just last longer?
    Sta-Bil.... Do you need it for the ethanol-free?

Hey, if we're going to jack, we might as well jack all the way off.

er..... ah....... wait.....

Sta-Bil is still in play. I see a lot of content about how ethanol breaks down small engine fuel systems. So if we're going to store fuel for long periods I want to protect my chainsaws, log spliters, other small engines from deterioration over the long term.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy

There is a Sunoco near I-65 and IN-39 that sells it. A a premium price.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Sta-Bil is still in play. I see a lot of content about how ethanol breaks down small engine fuel systems. So if we're going to store fuel for long periods I want to protect my chainsaws, log spliters, other small engines from deterioration over the long term.

My answer for that has been very simple: I don't store my small engines with any fuel in them. They all have fuel shut offs and I run them all dry. If they've going to be stored for more that 6 months, I'll dump the tanks out too. Easy enough and works for me. :dunno:

To answer what you asked, CountryMark, a few gas stations selling straight up race gas, and places like Home Depot selling small jugs of "TruFuel" (premixed 2 cycle) are the only places I know of to buy ethanol free fuel.

This website seems pretty accurate too.

edit: Also.. There's no promise that every grade of "regular" gas at every local station you go to actually has ethanol in it or that it does all year long. For about $5 you can get a content tester test out your local stations to see if maybe you can get lucky and accidentally run into some E0.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    My answer for that has been very simple: I don't store my small engines with any fuel in them. They all have fuel shut offs and I run them all dry. If they've going to be stored for more that 6 months, I'll dump the tanks out too. Easy enough and works for me. :dunno:

To answer what you asked, CountryMark, a few gas stations selling straight up race gas, and places like Home Depot selling small jugs of "TruFuel" (premixed 2 cycle) are the only places I know of to buy ethanol free fuel.

This website seems pretty accurate too.

Good info!

Top Bottom