• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Takeaways from the Baltimore Sun: https://www.baltimoresun.com/2024/03/26/key-bridge-collapses-into-patapsco/

1. The harbor pilot was on board - A Coast Guard briefing report obtained by The Sun stated that “a harbor pilot and assistant were onboard and reported power issues, multiple alarms on the bridge, and loss of propulsion prior to the incident.”
    2. Ship called Mayday, which got people on bridge to stop traffic - Before the collision, the ship’s crew notified authorities that the vessel had lost power. That “mayday” allowed Maryland Transportation Authority Police on the highway above to prevent many cars from driving onto the bridge just before the catastrophe.
    3. Passage is blocked - But vessel traffic into and out of the port was suspended, state Transportation Secretary Paul J. Wiedefeld said, and a Coast Guard report stated that the “Patapsco River channel is fully blocked.”
    4. Timing of power outage seems hinky if you don't believe in coincidences - “[If] that ship would have lost power a minute before or a minute after, it wouldn’t have hit the bridge. It just lost power at the exact wrong moment,” Mercogliano said.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The bridge could theoretically be rebuilt/replaced in about a year.

As long as the engineering team isn't a bunch of women...

22bridge-facebookJumbo.jpg

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 7, 2022
    Kosciusko county
    Care to share your insight?
    I’ve been through some of the worst parts where rows of houses were boarded up, trash was everywhere along with junkies sitting around. Most of the streets around there are garbage, and people will stand around all day and do nothing.even the areas outside of balmer such as Randallstown, and Owings Mill are total dumps as well. Which the probably has been seeping into Carroll County where I grew up via Eldersburg.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Let's be clear. The engineering team was only women until it collapsed...then women had nothing to do with the bridge.
    This is true. FIU promoted women in engineering by making sly associations with the bridge, like advertisements showing a woman with the bridge concept art next to her. When it collapsed that all disappeared. Probably a good thing for them overall, because now FIU would be charged with a hate crime for not using a transwoman.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    And Biden says he’s basically going to shower them with cash to get it rebuilt. Wouldn’t the shipping company or owner of the ship be liable for the repair? I hit a power pole and broke it when I was in my 20s and I was charged 800 bucks for the replacement.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    And Biden says he’s basically going to shower them with cash to get it rebuilt. Wouldn’t the shipping company or owner of the ship be liable for the repair? I hit a power pole and broke it when I was in my 20s and I was charged 800 bucks for the replacement.
    Well you would think. But some lawyer will probably argue that it was a 52 year old bridge well past its lifespan.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Do you think it's prudent to wait to clear the wreckage and start rebuilding the bridge until all of the legal hassling is done?

Just because government money is thrown at it doesn't mean you don't subrogate against those at fault.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Listening to her on the warroom right now. She makes a compelling case.

False. Again: she makes multiple, easily-refuted claims. And GWP continues its slide into sensationalist obscurity.

Top Bottom