Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Any bets on regardless of verdict or sentence Chauvin being Epstiened before he gets out of custody?
    I dunno. I don't really have a sense that he's in any physical danger of that. Epstein was "Epsteined" because he knew information that could put many people in jail. Chauvin, regardless of the outcome of this case, is canceled. If he's convicted, maybe someone might try to shiv him. If he's acquitted, maybe someone might try to kill him. They ain't gonna bother to make it look like a suicide. And either way, I think it's evident that he has any information that would be particularly problematic for any PTB. So if he ends up dead, it's not from being "Epsteined".

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I figured leadership would get rid of him just to keep the cities from burning and leadership looking bad.

Light sentence or acquittal and the situation is out of their control.

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Maybe not all the "reckless shooting" you hear about on TV was actually reckless shooting. Not saying it doesn't happen, but many of the high profile cases we hear about turned out to be a legitimate use of deadly force. In this case, it's not sounding like there was any criminal act that happened. And unfortunately cities will burn because some people, fueled by inaccurate accounts of what actually happened, will riot. But really, I think they're gonna riot either way.
    Exactly.
    The more recent information that came out is completely different than the early hyped up so-called-news reports. The media is complicit in all the damage caused by the riots.
    And, yes, there will probably be more riots because some people really want to believe what they were fed regardless.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Thanks for the link. That's interesting. I suppose it might be useful for weeding out some obvious ones, but I'm sure people will be gaming that to pretend like they're more objective than they are.

Some gaming is possible, but I'd imagine that both sides will be combing through the social media posts of potential jurors.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Are numerous pages of Likert Scale questions normal on a jury questionnaire?
    I was on jury duty when a locally high profile murder trial was coming up. We were questioned in the court house in person by the prosecution and defense attorneys with a lot of other people present. It was more in depth than the form questionnaire because they could immediately pursue any area where they had a concern.

It was weird, I had some contact and discussions with friends of the victim and told the court I felt I had an opinion already but I still got selected and ended up as the foreman of the jury.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    For some reason the Democrats have acted like burning cities, looting & rioting benefits them.
    They do. Democrat prosecutors cut rioters loose so they're free to continue the next night of violence. Democrats who are also news anchors falsely frame violent protests as peaceful. Democrat politicians openly call for people to donate to funds set up to bail people out of jail who are busted for being violent.

Why do all that unless you support violent riots, or think it's benefiting you somehow?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Exactly.
    The more recent information that came out is completely different than the early hyped up so-called-news reports. The media is complicit in all the damage caused by the riots.
    And, yes, there will probably be more riots because some people really want to believe what they were fed regardless.
    They were complicit for Ferguson riots. They're the one's that hyped up "hands up don't shoot" based on the testimony of one unreliable witness. Turns out nearly everything the press reported even through several weeks into the story was wrong. And they still don't openly admit that "hands up don't shoot" never happened.

alanbarx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Madison
    Maybe not all the "reckless shooting" you hear about on TV was actually reckless shooting. Not saying it doesn't happen, but many of the high profile cases we hear about turned out to be a legitimate use of deadly force. In this case, it's not sounding like there was any criminal act that happened. And unfortunately cities will burn because some people, fueled by inaccurate accounts of what actually happened, will riot. But really, I think they're gonna riot either way.
    I believe there other ways to handle things better. Police are meant to protect lives and properties, when has that changed?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I believe there other ways to handle things better. Police are meant to protect lives and properties, when has that changed?
    Sometimes in the course of doing just that, deadly force is necessary. They're not there to "protect" the life of someone that is trying to kill them or someone else. Do you carry a gun for self defense? Do you have one in the home for self defense? If so, by this logic, I would have to ask you "why"?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That is a tremendously broad statement. "Ways to handle things better"? What does that even mean? What is the "ways" and the "things"?
    You know. Just stop and ask the criminal how they are feeling. Is there something that's upsetting them that is causing them to act out? Is there anything you can do to help? Stuff like that.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Any bets on whether the verdict, whatever it is, won't make a difference to whether there is a riot or not?
    My prediction:

He will be found not guilty of second degree murder. He will PROBABLY be found guilty of third degree murder if the charge is successfully added. There will be a LOT of heavy rioting in Minneapolis and that rioting will spread through other cities just like last year. The rioting will be worse than before.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom