Not open for further replies.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    A lot of people are assuming conviction of something based on what they "know" from the lying media. The media has poisoned the well here again. A lot of people were assuming the worst of the Covington kids too because of the same lying media. One can only hope they base the trial on facts instead of media crap.
    No such thing as an untainted jury pool at this point. There will certainly be jurors who decided to fry him a year ago and simply bluff their way through selection in order to get in and see their preference carried out. But, it only takes one to hang a jury.

My curiosity is whether the threat of another summer of burning cities will cause the skeptical jurors to override their personal judgement and simply give the mob the conviction they want.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I do not know anything, neither do I have wealth of knowledge, I am pretty much a learner and a lover of wisdom.

IMO, the police force should develop a new technology that can be used to take down people resisting arrest, something like an electric gun, rubber bullets, anything that will take down an identified criminal/offender. Using live rounds and guns is robbing of lives and proper justice to be served to the many people that have fell victim to this misfortune.

We are now in more advanced times, I believe with proper and better investment in police education and new technologies, this mishap can be reduced drastically and there will be less news about police shooting or killing a suspect/ identified offender/criminal. I believe everybody deserves justice.

This misfortune could befall anybody, let us not be deceived by - it cannot be me, it can be anybody. The faster the government (State & Federal) work on these possibilities the better.

Thank you.
    1615361881355.gif

I get it, I really do. I don’t want people to lose their lives unnecessarily. There are horrendously evil and outstandingly stupid people out there that make their choices.

While these people are out here preying on regular folks, taking away a police officer’s ability to protect themselves or someone else is not the best move. All of the less-lethal technologies are great, but thinking that all the widdle bad guyz out there are just misunderstood and that a TASER or Bola-Wrap or whatever new-fangled technology out there will work effectively 100% of the time is naive.

And if folks could just stop assuming that cops are uneducated trigger-happy imbeciles out to murder people every shift and look at real stats on use-of-force vs. all encounters, AND be cognitive of ALL of the training and education that is required, then they would understand how things really work. Besides, doctors are MUCH more “educated” than police officers and kill 250,000-400,000 more people than police do every year.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Many of the 700 buildings that were damaged in Minneapolis are still in ruins. Many are in little mogadishu. In many cases the building owners were not the business owners that occupied those buildings. The building owners were already seeing the value of their property plummeting. If you were a building owner and your building got destroyed and you may or may not have collected some insurance money, would you be eager to invest in rebuilding in that area? Many have found other areas away from downtown to invest in that are not so prone to being damaged by riots or turned into slums.
    If things change then they will be more inclined to rebuild but if nothing changes - nothing changes.
    Didn't know they had such a thing as riot war insurance. My policies all state if lose in riot or war it's not covered. Act of God such as a tornado or a meteorite destroying my outbuildings or home is covered lol.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Adding to my prediction:

If he is found not guilty on all counts or found guilty of a distinctly lesser charge (reckless endangerment, third degree/manslaughter, etc.) than outright homicide, I would have no doubt that he will be attempted to be taken by force and lynched.
    I was wondering myself about a Oswald type takedown.

alanbarx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Madison
    View attachment 129852

I get it, I really do. I don’t want people to lose their lives unnecessarily. There are horrendously evil and outstandingly stupid people out there that make their choices.

While these people are out here preying on regular folks, taking away a police officer’s ability to protect themselves or someone else is not the best move. All of the less-lethal technologies are great, but thinking that all the widdle bad guyz out there are just misunderstood and that a TASER or Bola-Wrap or whatever new-fangled technology out there will work effectively 100% of the time is naive.

And if folks could just stop assuming that cops are uneducated trigger-happy imbeciles out to murder people every shift and look at real stats on use-of-force vs. all encounters, AND be cognitive of ALL of the training and education that is required, then they would understand how things really work. Besides, doctors are MUCH more “educated” than police officers and kill 250,000-400,000 more people than police do every year.
    I get your point, buddy. So, that sounds normal to you, both police and doctors murdering people by the hundreds and thousands yearly?

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    I do not know anything, neither do I have wealth of knowledge, I am pretty much a learner and a lover of wisdom.

IMO, the police force should develop a new technology that can be used to take down people resisting arrest, something like an electric gun, rubber bullets, anything that will take down an identified criminal/offender. Using live rounds and guns is robbing of lives and proper justice to be served to the many people that have fell victim to this misfortune.

We are now in more advanced times, I believe with proper and better investment in police education and new technologies, this mishap can be reduced drastically and there will be less news about police shooting or killing a suspect/ identified offender/criminal. I believe everybody deserves justice.

This misfortune could befall anybody, let us not be deceived by - it cannot be me, it can be anybody. The faster the government (State & Federal) work on these possibilities the better.

Thank you.
    Uuuhhhhh. No it could not happen to just anyone.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Uuuhhhhh. No it could not happen to just anyone.
    How do you figure? Do you think that the police have never raided the wrong house or shot an innocent person?

I do not think that his idea of non-lethal is viable. I also tire of the rhetoric around the police should have done this or that in a certain situation. That does not mean that there are not changes that could be made to make things safer for both the police and the citizens.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Adding to my prediction:

If he is found not guilty on all counts or found guilty of a distinctly lesser charge (reckless endangerment, third degree/manslaughter, etc.) than outright homicide, I would have no doubt that he will be attempted to be taken by force and lynched.

That's when I would guess he'll be Epsteined, leadership will be able to keep him in jail some how after acquittal or conviction and sentence. Big media will simply look the other way after the fact. Like Epstein it will simply be an unsolved mystery, but the mob will understand that leadership provided what they wanted under threat of more riots. It will set an ugly precedent.

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    How do you figure? Do you think that the police have never raided the wrong house or shot an innocent person?

I do not think that his idea of non-lethal is viable. I also tire of the rhetoric around the police should have done this or that in a certain situation. That does not mean that there are not changes that could be made to make things safer for both the police and the citizens.
    All true, I was talking about the incident with floyd. Under the influence of narcotics, committing crimes and resisting. If you check all those boxes bad things are bound to happen.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I believe there other ways to handle things better. Police are meant to protect lives and properties, when has that changed?
    It hasn’t. They still do protect lives and properties. And sometimes the lives and properties they’re protecting, they’re protecting against some really bad people, or sometimes some mentally disturbed people. Sometimes deadly force is necessary TO protect other lives and property.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    New technologies can be deployed and more investment in police education.
    You said “can”. This implies that they exist but for some reason people won’t do the right thing and deploy them.

Why do you think tasers were developed and deployed? For the very reason you state. But they’re effective in very limited use cases. Firearms are for limited use cases too. When all else fails and someone’s life is at stake, including the officers.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I get your point, buddy. So, that sounds normal to you, both police and doctors murdering people by the hundreds and thousands yearly?
    Murdering? By the hundreds and thousands? Okay. That explains some things. If I believed that people were being murdered at that rate I’d be calling for some drastic change too. I think you need to go do some fact-checking. Find out for yourself 1) how many People are actually killed by police in an encounter, and 2) are they really murders?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

There is no reason that cops should raid the wrong address. But yet it happens. So damn straight there are some changes that could happen. When it does happen, some policies were likely not followed.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Murdering? By the hundreds and thousands? Okay. That explains some things. If I believed that people were being murdered at that rate I’d be calling for some drastic change too. I think you need to go do some fact-checking. Find out for yourself 1) how many People are actually killed by police in an encounter, and 2) are they really murders?
    Jamil, read the post he was responding to.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom